Birmingham, United Kingdom
A university for enterprise
Our students develop an entrepreneurial mind-set, enabling them to start their own companies, join fast growing SMEs and innovate within multinational organisations. Our graduates are highly sought after, because of their practical skills and ability to apply knowledge. They are supported by inspirational teachers with real world, industry experience.
We are hands on, known for being the first university to introduce the undergraduate placement year. We promote learning by doing, giving our students the opportunity to gain valuable experience, through projects, placements, internships and consultancy.
We are connected to business and industry through our relationships with thousands of companies of all shapes and sizes. Based in Birmingham city centre our strategic location gives our students exposure to these companies, many of which regularly visit us on campus.
Located in the city centre of Birmingham, UK, our safe and secure campus is home to students from over 130 different countries. Our on-campus accommodation is guaranteed for international students, so you are only ever a short walk away from anything that is happening in Birmingham. Whether it is our museums, art galleries, shops, bars, restaurants or sporting attractions, there is plenty to keep you entertained.
Aston offers an extensive array of taught postgraduate programmes across our five schools:
- Business, Management & Analytics
- International Business
- Finance, Economics & Accounting
- HR, Business & Organisation Studies
- MCh Orthopaedics
- Computer Science
- Engineering Systems & Management
- Mechanical Engineering & Design
- Forensic Linguistics
- International Relations
- Sociology and Policy
- Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages (TESOL)
- Translation studies
- Biology & Biomedical Science
- Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Science
- Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience
- Allied Health Professions
The Aston Professional Development Programme
Get the Aston Edge: gain international experience with our Professional Development Programme (PDP). Forming an integral part of the MSc degrees in our triple-accredited Business School, the PDP develops confident, internationally mobile graduates. Focusing on professional development and employability, you will build a skills portfolio showcasing the competencies demanded by employers worldwide. You'll also have the opportunity to complete an integrated work internship or study abroad at one of our 50+ international partner institutions.
Start your career at Aston.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
Tried, tested and triple accredited
LEARN BUSINESS. DO BUSINESS.
At Aston Business School we believe that our students deserve the very best of opportunities to experience the real business environment, with live projects and internships to prepare them for the real world.
Our postgraduate portfolio has been designed in close partnership with business and industry in the UK and internationally, giving you an ideal platform to build you future career. Impressive accreditation, a worldwide reputation, and staff who can pass on the benefit of genuine commercial experience will enhance your prospects and progression.
Our course structures enable you to gain the skillsets needed to succeed in today’s competitive workplace, such as negotiation, communication, leadership, teamwork and innovative thinking. It is skills such as these that keep our graduates highly sought after by some of the world’s leading organisations. After graduating our students have secured roles among some of the world’s top organisations including Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Standard Chartered Bank, Amcor, Uniliver, Deloitte, Lloyds TSB, and Rolls Royce.
Innovative, grounded and relevant, the breadth of courses and diversity of the student community will give you a rounded, international perspective, making you ready for life at the forefront of business.
Why study with us?
• We are one of just 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation.
• Aston University has been ranked Gold for outstanding student satisfaction with teaching in the government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
• We are one of only three business schools in the UK to receive the Gold Level Small Business Charter Award.
• QS five-star ranking for excellence.
• 100% of our business research achieved 3* and 4* impact in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
• Birmingham is a great place to study, work and live. Our campus is based right in the heart of the exciting vibrant second city of Birmingham. Birmingham has seen the fastest growth in business numbers in the country and ranked the best UK city outside of London to set up a business.
• Our careers services offer one to one support, job planning and the opportunity to attend on campus job fairs, workshops, webinars and mock assessments centres, creating graduates who master needed skills for today’s competitive marketplace.
Visit our website for more information about postgraduate study at Aston Business School. If you have any further questions please contact our friendly admissions team at email@example.com or call +44 (0)121 204 3200
- Executive MBA
- LLM International Commercial Law
- MBA (Online)
- MBA Master of Business Administration (full-time)
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Business Analytics (Online)
- MSc Business and Management
- MSc Business and Management (Online)
- MSc Business Enterprise Development
- MSc Business Psychology
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
- MSc Economics
- MSc Entrepreneurship
- MSc Finance
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc Information Systems and Business Analysis
- MSc International Accounting and Finance
- MSc International Business
- MSc Investment Analysis
- MSc Professional Accounting and Finance
- MSc Strategic Digital Marketing
- MSc Strategic Marketing Management
- MSc Strategy and International Business
- MSc Sustainable Business Operations Management
- MSc Work Psychology and Business
- Postgraduate Certificate in Team Coaching
- Skills Bootcamp in Cyber Security Fundamentals
- BEng - Professional Engineering
- FdEng - Electrical Power Engineering
- MSc - Applied Artificial Intelligence
- MSc - Applied Artificial Intelligence (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Artificial Intelligence
- MSc - Artificial Intelligence (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Artificial Intelligence with Business Strategy
- MSc - Artificial Intelligence with Business Strategy (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- MSc - Civil Infrastructure Engineering (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Computer Science
- MSc - Computer Science (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Construction Management and Engineering
- MSc - Construction Management and Engineering (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Data Analytics
- MSc - Data Analytics (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Engineering Leadership and Management
- MSc - Engineering Management
- MSc - Future Vehicle Technologies
- MSc - Future Vehicle Technologies (including Professional Practice)
- MSc - Mechanical Engineering
- MSc - Professional Engineering
- MSc - Professional Engineering (Nuclear Engineering)
- MSc - Smart Manufacturing
- MSc - Supply Chain Leadership and Management
- MSc - Supply Chain Management
- MSc - Sustainable Engineering
- MSc - Sustainable Engineering (including Professional Practice)
The College of Health and Life Sciences at Aston is acknowledged as one of the leading centres of health sciences in the UK, with an outstanding reputation for teaching and research.
An extensive range of courses is offered in the areas of audiology, biosciences, neuroscience, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, and psychology, most of which have an integrated placement opportunity providing hospital or clinical experience. There is a huge breadth of academic research undertaken by academics within the College, and the integration of this information from lecturers and professors gives students a distinct advantage in having access to the latest trends, thinking, issues and research in their particular field.
The College is currently in the top 10 in the UK for Health Professions (Guardian University Guide, 2021), top 150 in the world for Psychology (Times Higher Education, World Subject Rankings, 2021), and top 10 in the UK for research quality in Aural and Oral Sciences, Biological Sciences, Ophthalmics, Pharmacology and Pharmacy, and Psychology (Complete University Guide, 2021).
- Adult Rehabilitation - Standalone module
- Advanced Clinical Practice in Ocular Health MSc
- Advanced Contact Lenses - Standalone module
- Advanced Dental Implantology MSc
- Advanced Health Assessment PgCert
- Advanced Hearing Therapy Practice MSc
- Applied Molecular Biology - Standalone module
- Biomedical Sciences top-up modules
- Biosciences MRes
- Cell Biology - Standalone module
- Cellular Pathology - Standalone module
- Clinical Microbiology - Standalone module
- Clinical Neurophysiology Practice MSc
- Clinical Science (Neurosensory Sciences) MSc
- Clinically Enhanced Independent Prescribing PgCert
- Clinically Enhanced Prescribing in Acute and Emergency Medicine – Standalone module
- Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience MSc
- Doctor of Optometry / Doctor of Ophthalmic Science DOptom/DOphSc
- Drug Delivery MSc
- EEG in Practice
- General Ocular Therapeutics - Standalone module
- Glaucoma - Standalone module
- Haematology and Transfusion Science - Standalone module
- Health Psychology MSc
- Health Psychology MSc (Online)
- Hearing Therapy Counselling and Communications Skills
- Hearing Therapy PgCert/PgDip
- Human Anatomy Physiology - Standalone module
- Immunology - Standalone module
- Independent Prescribing for Optometrists
- Investigate Ophthalmic Science - Standalone module
- Medical Biochemistry - Standalone module
- Medical Retina – Standalone module
- Mental Health Therapeutics PgCert
- Microbiology - Standalone module
- MSc Physician Associate Practice
- Myopia - Standalone module
- Nerve Conduction and Evoked Potentials - standalone module
- Neurophysiology PgCert
- Nutrition and the Eye - Standalone module
- Optometry / Ophthalmic Science MSc
- Paediatric Eye Care - Standalone module
- Pharmaceutical Sciences MSc
- Pharmacist Independent Prescribing Practice Certificate
- Pharmacokinetics MSc
- Postgraduate Diploma for Overseas Pharmacists (OSPAP) PgDip/MSc
- Professional Doctorate - Doctor of Hearing Therapy
- Psychiatric Pharmacy PgDip
- Psychiatric Pharmacy Practice MSc
- Psychology (Conversion) MSc
- Refractive Surgery - Standalone module
- Refractive Surgery 2 - Standalone module
- Retinal and Macular Disorders - Standalone module
- Standalone module - Accommodation and Presbyopia
- Standalone module - Prescribing for Disorders of the Eye
- Standalone module - Schizophrenia
- Standalone module - The Affective Disorders
- Standalone module - The Dementias and Related Disorders
- Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine MSc
- Tinnitus Management - Standalone module
- Vestibular Rehabilitation - Standalone module
- MA English
- MA English (Distance Learning)
- MA Forensic Linguistics
- MA Forensic Linguistics (Distance Learning)
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages (TESOL)
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (Distance Learning)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- MSc International Relations