Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) - A University with character
Ranked as one of the world’s top comprehensive universities with a history spanning 180 years, the VUB combines award-winning research and accredited English and Dutch-taught study programmes (Bachelors, Masters and PhDs) with a high impact on social, economic, and cultural innovation.
At the VUB, students and professors work closely together. We coach our students to become open-minded world citizens, with a strong commitment towards sustainable humanistic societal values. Our graduates are well prepared for professional careers in an increasingly multilingual and international environment. An independent research attitude, as well as a multidisciplinary, international and intercultural environment, are key features in the VUB’s ambition to be an open, international university platform.
VUB’s campuses are located around the centre of Brussels, enabling students to enjoy the energy of a capital city on the one hand and to appreciate the quietness of the green and compact campuses on the other hand. Campuses include student accommodation, sports facilities, restaurants and cafés, a university library, the study guidance centre, a student bookshop, all located in a vibrant area full of shops and cafés.
More information on http://www.vub.be/en/programmes
Affordable tuition fees and scholarships
All bachelors, master's and PhD programmes at VUB are subsidised by the Flemish government of Belgium, meaning students only have to pay a small fraction of the actual cost of education, and this is for students from all over the world.
More info: www.vub.be/en/tuition-fees
VUB participates in several scholarship programmes which offer grants at different levels of study.
Living costs are consitently more affordable than in other major capital cities in Western Europe.
Brussels and VUB - the world at home
The largest student city in Belgium Brussels is a friendly and vibrant home to 110,000 students, 29% of whom are international. When moving about in Brussels, you hear a lot of different languages. That’s no coincidence because the city is a melting pot of cultures. With a third of the population of foreign origin, you can expect a rich cultural environment.
It goes without saying that Brussels offers a unique and wide range of internship possibilities and future career options. Brussels is home to the EU Institutions and several affiliates, NATO HQ, diplomatic representation offices, headquarters for many international companies, NGOs, trade associations, one of the world’s largest press corps, as well as a whole host of international and European schools.
Why not join us at our next virtual info sessions or physical open days and discover VUB and its vibrant community for yourself?
Explore the VUB inside and out through our 360⁰ virtual campus tour!More info: https://www.vub.be/en/open-days
Brochure downloads: https://communicatie.vub.be/brochures
Chat with our students: https://www.vub.be/en/studying-vub/all-study-programmes-vub/vub-unibuddy
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
The Brussels School of Governance (BSoG) is the alliance between the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel) and Vesalius College. For decades, both institutions have built up strong reputations as frontrunners in education, research, and academic services on the international scene.
- Advanced Master in European Integration
- LLM in International and European Law
- MA in Diplomacy and Global Governance
- MA in Global Security and Strategy
- Postgraduate Certificate in EU Policy Making
- Postgraduate Certificate in Global Risk Analysis and Crisis Management
- Summer School on EU Policy Making
- Winter School on EU Policy Making
- Applied Sciences and Engineering: Applied Computer Science
- Architectural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electromechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Photonics Engineering
- Sustainable Land Management
- Water Resources Engineering
- Business Engineering: Business and Technology
- Communication Studies: Digital Media in Europe
- Communication Studies: Journalism and Media in Europe
- Economic Diplomacy (Pg.Cert.)
- Flagship Programme in Economic Diplomacy and International Business
- International Business
- International Trade and Investment (Pg. Cert.)
- Political Science: European and International Governance