Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University is a vibrant multi-cultural university with state-of-the-art learning facilities. GCU has a wide range of accreditations with industry links in the private, public and third sectors, helping to ensure that 95% of our graduates are in employment or further study within 6 months of graduation (HESA, 2018). A leading modern University in research, GCU has adopted the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as the framework for its research strategy.
It’s mission as ‘University for the Common Good’, alongside being the only Ashoka U social innovation Changemaker Campus places it in the top 50 in the world for social impact (THE 2019).
The University for the Common Good
GCU is a leader in widening access and combines our Scottish heritage with a global outlook. We have a platinum-award winning eco-friendly campus (EcoCampus, 2019) and have recently been named as the top university in Scotland for sustainability (People and Planet University League, 2019).
GCU is home to leading research centres, international campuses and partnerships, as well as the Institute for University to Business Education. It has five academic schools: Glasgow School for Business and Society, School of Computing, Engineering and Built Environment; School of Health and Life Sciences; GCU New York and GCU London. The London campus based in Spitalfields, is also home to the British School of Fashion and British School of Leadership and Management.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
Glasgow School for Business and Society is an innovation school which integrates complementary disciplines and expertise in business, law and social sciences. Our focus and activities reflect the complex relationship between business and society and place particular emphasis on the social context within which business is undertaken.
Through our cutting-edge research, professional body accreditations and commitment to learning for the real world, we support, challenge and inspire our students and staff to be creative in their thinking, international in their outlook and innovative and entrepreneurial in their actions.
- Accounting, Finance and Regulation (Fast-track) - MSc
- CPD Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - ACCA
- Global Master of Business Administration - MBA
- Human Resource Management - MSc
- International Banking, Finance and Risk Management - MSc
- International Business Management - MSc
- International Economic and Social Justice - MSc
- International Fashion Marketing - MSc
- International Human Resource Management - MSc
- International Operations and Supply Chain Management - MSc
- International Tourism and Events Management - MSc
- Marketing - MSc
- Multimedia Journalism - MA
- Risk Management - MSc
- Social Innovation - MSc
- Television Fiction Writing - MA
- 3D Design for Virtual Environments - MSc
- Advanced Internetwork Engineering - MSc
- Applied Instrumentation and Control - MSc
- Big Data Technologies - MSc
- Climate Justice - MSc
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering - MSc
- Electrical Power Engineering - MSc
- Environmental Management (Waste, Energy, Water, Oil and Gas) - MSc
- Graduate Apprenticeship Cyber Security - MSc
- International Project Management (Energy. Construction, Management, Oil and Gas) - MSc
- Mechanical Engineering - MSc
- Quantity Surveying - MSc
The School of Health and Life Sciences was established in 2011, following the merger of the School of Health and the School of Life Sciences. By bringing Health, Nursing and Social Care disciplines together with Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Psychology and Vision Sciences, the school is one of the largest providers of health care and life science education in Scotland.
The school and its staff have very close links with professional and regulatory bodies, and all programmes receive professional recognition both nationally and internationally. It provides students with an exciting and dynamic environment in which to further their professional and academic careers, enriched through its interdisciplinary and internationally-facing research.
- Advanced Practice - MSc
- Advanced Practice in District Nursing with Specialist Practitioner Qualification - PGDip
- Biological Sciences - MRes
- Biomedical Science - MSc
- Counselling Psychology - DPsych
- Diabetes Care and Management - MSc
- Diagnostic Imaging - MSc
- Forensic Psychology - MSc
- Health Psychology - DPsych
- Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Research - MSc
- Master of Research - MRes
- Medical Bioscience - MSc
- Medical Ultrasound - MSc
- Nursing Studies Adult (Pre-Registration) - MSc
- Nursing: Advancing Professional Practice - MSc
- Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration) - MSc
- Physiotherapy (Pre-Registration) - MSc
- Public Health - MPH
- Social Work - MSc
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing - PGDip
- Sport and Exercise Psychology - DPsych
- Theory of Podiatric Surgery - MSc