Erasmus University Rotterdam
Home to hard-working, entrepreneurial students since 1913
Welcome to Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), an international research university with more than 100 years of experience helping bachelor, master, and PhD students pursue their ambitions in the areas of wealth, health, governance, and culture. International rankings name Erasmus University among the world’s leading players, and students recommend the institution for the quality of the lectures, expertise of the staff and promising career prospects.
We are known for our pragmatic approach, our entrepreneurial vibe, and a “make it happen” mentality that serves to help our 29.000 students and researchers achieve their ambition.
Study at EUR: good to know
A top-100 research university: From our own student feedback to international university rankings, EUR maintains an excellent reputation. We are proud to be consistently ranked in the top 2% of the world’s best universities.
Notoriously reasonable tuition: Dutch higher education offers incredible value due to a long-term commitment from the Dutch government to educational accessibility: most EUR programmes cost roughly €2,000 for European students, and not too much more for students from other parts of the world.
International community: Located in the Netherlands in the city of Rotterdam, Erasmus University is known for its global mindset, offering the chance to join a truly international environment. 40-60% of students enrolled in English-taught programs come from outside the Netherlands.
At home in urban Rotterdam: Rotterdam is the second biggest city in the Netherlands unique in the country for its experimental architecture. Its huge port, many multinational companies, and melting pot of cultures serve as both a living laboratory for our research and a backdrop for a rich student life.
International postgraduate degrees
EUR offers 50+ international postgraduate (master) programmes. In general, master programmes are one year and result in a Master of Science (MSc), Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Laws (LLM) degree. If you anticipate earning a PhD, you may choose to follow a two-year master research programme.
Choose from one of our faculties or institutes to discover your programme of interest:
- Rotterdam School of Management
- Erasmus School of Economics
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Erasmus School of Philosophy
- Erasmus School of Law
- Erasmus Medical Centre
- Netherlands Institute for Health Sciences
- Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies
- International Institute of Social Studies
What’s EUR like? Experience it virtually!
Even if you can’t visit EUR campus in person, you can get a feeling of what it’s like to study here. Scroll through campus, housing, class, the city, and career testimonials as told by our current students and alumni. Alternatively, watch this video.
Not convinced yet?
Check out why others have chosen to study at Erasmus University Rotterdam:
Erasmus School of Economics
Are you interested in studying economics? EUR has a separate faculty completely dedicated to the subject: Erasmus School of Economics. Be sure to check out the 16 master degrees they offer. For masters in other subject areas, take a look at our other (9) faculties below.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- Arts, Culture and Society - MA
- Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship - MA
- Global History and International Relations - MA
- Global Markets, Local Creativities (GLOCAL) - MA
- Media & Business - MA
- Media & Creative Industries - MA
- Media, Culture & Society - MA
- Sociology of Culture, Media and the Arts – MSc
- Tourism, Culture and Society - MA
- Commercial and Company Law - LLM
- European Master in Law and Economics - LLM
- International and European Union Law - LLM
- International Arbitration and Business Law - LLM
- International Master’s in Advanced Research in Criminology (IMARC) - LLM
- International Trade Law (LLM)
- Maritime & Transport Law - LLM
- Brain and Cognition - MSc
- Clinical Psychology - MSc
- Engaging Public Issues – MSc
- Forensic and Legal Psychology - MSc
- Governance and Management in the Public Sector - MSc
- Governance of Migration and Diversity - Public Administration - MSc
- Governance of Migration and Diversity - Sociology - MSc
- Health Psychology & Digital Interventions - MSc
- Human Learning and Performance - MSc
- International Public Management and Policy - MSc
- MSc - Psychology
- MSc - Public Administration
- Msc - Sociology
- Organisational Dynamics in the Digital Society - MSc
- Politics and Society - MSc
- Psychology of the Digital Media - MSc
- Public Administration and Organisational Science - MSc
- Social Inequalities - MSc
- Work & Organisational Psychology - MSc
IHS is the Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam. We love cities and work passionately for their development by offering quality, education, research and training. IHS welcomes talented and driven individuals, who want to extend their expertise in the sphere of urban management and development.
- MSc - Infrastructure & Smart Cities: Managing Physical and Digital Infrastructures for Future-proof Cities
- MSc - Land Management: Law, Finance, Real Estate & Natural Resources: Bridging Land, Water and Natural Resources
- MSc - Strategic Urban Planning & Policies: Managing Socio-Spatial Dynamics for Sustainable Cities
- MSc - Urban Economic Development: Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Innovative and Entrepreneurial Cities in the Global Economy
- MSc - Urban Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change: Nature-Based Solutions for Smart and Resilient Cities
- MSc - Urban Housing, Equity and Social Justice: Adequate Housing from a Human Rights and Gender Perspective
- Accounting & Financial Management - MSc
- Business and Management - MSc
- Business Information Management - MSc
- Corporate Communication - MSc
- Executive MBA
- Finance and Investments - MSc
- Global Business & Sustainability - MSc
- Global Executive OneMBA
- Human Resource Management - MSc
- International Full-time MBA
- International Management / CEMS - MSc
- International Trade Law - LLM
- Management of Innovation - MSc
- Maritime Economics and Logistics - MSc
- Marketing Management - MSc
- Master in Management - MSc
- Organisational Change & Consulting - MSc
- Strategic Entrepreneurship - MSc
- Strategic Management - MSc
- Supply Chain Management - MSc