University of Westminster -
A global university with London Energy
Study at a university, you can be yourself where individuality is encouraged, diversity is celebrated and anything is possible
London is our campus
Situated in the heart of London, the University of Westminster is ideally located in one of the world’s most exciting and vibrant cities.
Home to almost 19,000 students from around 160 countries, studying at Westminster will give you not just a postgraduate qualification but practical skills that will help you stand out in the job market. And, as a student in one of the world’s best student cities, you can enjoy an endless choice of social and cultural activities from theatres and music to bars, restaurants and sport.
Shaping your professional life
You will benefit from Westminster’s strong links to leading employers. Our award-winning Careers and Employability Service provides expert careers guidance and work placement opportunities, supporting you to advance in your career during your course for up to three years after graduation.
The University of Westminster is a flourishing community with over 4,000 postgraduate students from around the world, giving you the opportunity to build a strong professional network and to make friends worldwide.
Forward-thinking and pioneering courses
Established as London’s first polytechnic in 1838, Westminster fosters innovation and creativity informed by professional practice and inspired by research. With over 150 practically-focused Postgraduate courses designed to enhance your career prospects, Westminster strives to help students from different backgrounds fulfil their potential.
Excellent facilities and resources
The University continues to invest in our facilities and resources with new and exciting developments to our campuses, including refurbishment of our iconic Regent Street Cinema, the creation of a digital Fabrication Laboratory, XR Labs and transformed libraries and social spaces.
The University is organised into three Colleges:
- Westminster Business School, which includes the School of Applied Management, School of Finance and Accounting, School of Management and Marketing, School of Organisations, Economy and Society.
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, which includes the School of Humanities, the School of Life Sciences, the School of Social Sciences and the Westminster School of Law.
- College of Design, Creative and Digital Industries, which includes the School of Architecture and Cities, the School of Computer Science and Engineering, the Westminster School of Arts and the Westminster School of Media and Communication.
Postgraduate open events
Postgraduate open events are a great opportunity to speak to lecturers, learn more about your chosen course and how the new skills you’ll gain can enhance your career.
+44 (0)20 7911 5000
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
This faculty is one of the UK’s largest and leading centres in the teaching and research of Architecture and the Built Environment.
Significant investment in recent years has seen the faculty expand its excellent, cutting-edge facilities. The Faculty boosts new architecture studios and the leading Fabrication Laboratory – an innovative learning environment which provides advanced digital making facilities.
- Architecture and Environmental Design MSc
- Architecture and Environmental Design PGCert
- Architecture MA
- Architecture Professional Practice (RIBA PART III) PGDip
- Energy and Environmental Design PGCert
- Interior Architecture MA
- International Planning and Sustainable Development MA
- Master of Architecture (MArch) (RIBA Part II)
- Urban and Regional Planning MA
- Urban Design MA
- Urban Design PGDip
Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design boasts a long list of world-renowned alumni including Vivienne Westwood, Christopher Bailey, Creative Director or Burberry and Asif Kapadia, award-winning film director.
Situated in Harrow, North West London this campus is dedicated to the creative industries and provides an excellent resources, facilities and career prospects for students.
The Faculty of Science and Technology is based in the Cavendish Campus. The purpose-built and architecturally distinctive campus is just 10 minutes’ walk from Oxford Street and next to the iconic BT Tower.
The faculty and campus have benefited from £30 million investment in state-of-the-art facilities. With a reputation for new and innovative teaching, you will taught by research-engaged academics who are involved in world leading research in areas such as Ebola and Breast Cancer research among others.
- Applied Biotechnology MSc
- Biomedical Sciences - Cancer Biology MSc
- Biomedical Sciences - Clinical Biochemistry MSc
- Biomedical Sciences - Haematology MSc
- Biomedical Sciences - Immunology MSc
- Biomedical Sciences - Medical Microbiology MSc
- Biomedical Sciences - Medical Molecular Biology MSc
- Biomedical Sciences MSc
Westminster Business School is one of the best schools in London for professionally focused MBA and, Master's degrees. Professionally-focussed courses include; accounting, finance and economics, business and management, human resource management – HRM, marketing, and education. Its strong industry links with employers through placement and internship opportunities as well as our global professional network are a great benefit to students.
- Digital Business MSc
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise Development MSc
- Human Resource Management MA
- International Business and Management MSc
- International Development Management MSc
- International Human Resource Management MA
- Management MA
- Management Online MA
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management MSc
- Sustainability Management and Innovation MSc
Situated on the famous Regent Street, the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities is offers an exciting breadth of activity across the social sciences, arts and humanities from Law to Languages, Politics to History, English to Visual Culture and Sociology to Translation.
With courses achieving 100 per cent student satisfaction and disciplines whose research is amongst the highest rated in the country, the Faculty inspires and excites the next generation of global citizens.
- Creative Writing - Writing the City MA
- English Language and Linguistics MA
- English Language and Literature MA
- English Literature - Modern and Contemporary Fictions MA
- Professional Writing MA
- Professional Writing with Extended Work Placement MA
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MA Online
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages MA
Westminster Law School is a leading provider of legal education based in central London, with award-winning members of staff and top ratings in research.
Courses are designed to provide you with a host of opportunities to boost your career as well as develop your professional and transferable skills. Our students have an excellent track record of gaining employment and career progression.
- CILEX CPQ
- CILEX Level 6
- Corporate Finance Law LLM
- Entertainment Law LLM
- International and Commercial Dispute Resolution Law LLM
- International Commercial Law LLM
- International Law LLM
- Law and Technology LLM
- Legal Practice LLM
- Legal Practice PGDip
- Professional Legal Practice LLM
- Professional Legal Practice PGDip
- Communication MA
- Data, Culture and Society MA
- Diversity and the Media MA
- Global Media MA
- International Media Business MA
- Media and Development MA
- Media Management MA
- Media, Campaigning and Social Change MA
- Multimedia Journalism (Broadcast) MA
- Multimedia Journalism (Print & Online) MA
- Public Relations MA
- Social Media and Digital Communication MA