University of East Anglia
The University of East Anglia (UEA) is an internationally renowned, campus-based university that delivers top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students from around the world. UEA's postgraduate community comprises over 4,000 students, forming one of the central strengths of the University.
We pride ourselves on the excellence of our wide range of intellectually stimulating Postgraduate Taught and Research degrees, and aim to offer a supportive environment, with leading academic specialists, and access to exceptional research and teaching facilities.
Apply to UEA and become part of a community dedicated to excellence and to making a difference on a local, national, and global scale. We are ranked as a UK Top 25 university (Times/Sunday Times 2020 and Complete University Guide 2020 league tables), ranked in the World Top 200 (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2018) and 10th in the UK for quality of research outputs (Times Higher REF 2014 analysis).
Postgraduate study at UEA
Considering your Master's or other postgraduate programme? Whether you want to develop your specialist knowledge or diversify your expertise to widen your career choices, find out what UEA has to offer by exploring our huge selection of courses. UEA also offers a range of postgraduate Scholarships and Bursaries in addition to the potential to benefit from the postgraduate student loan.
Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science provides a lively, challenging environment where high quality and innovative teaching and research flourishes. We are an integral partner of the Norwich Research Park, one of Europe's largest, world-class, and collaborative institutes of researchers, clinicians and scientists in the fields of environment, health and plant science, offering you access to cutting-edge facilities and networks.
Faculty of Social Sciences
The Faculty of Social Sciences comprises seven schools - Economics, Education, International Development, Law, Business, Psychology and Social Work - that work at the forefront of academic and professional development. These schools have been successful in establishing a strong reputation in each of their respective fields.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities played a crucial role in establishing an early reputation for the University through its strengths in Creative Writing. Our continued success today, and in the schools of Art, Media and American Studies, History, Literature, Drama, Politics, Philosophy, Language and Communication studies reflect our close bond between researching, teaching and an innovative approach to our courses.
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Comprising of Health Sciences and Norwich Medical School, the faculty is world renowned for training first-rate, workforce-ready professionals including Nursing, Medicine and a wide range of other healthcare professions. We are home to some of the best research academics and are proud to work in partnership with the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Disclaimer: Content accurate at the time of compilation. However, details may be subject to change. You should always confirm details with the provider.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Chat to a student ambassador at The University of East Anglia
Department / School information and available programmes:
The Interdisciplinary Institute for the Humanities has an excellent reputation for creative and innovative research with highly regarded teaching, and staff and postgraduate research students who are at the forefront of new developments. The Institute provides an intellectual home for activities in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities which cross disciplinary boundaries, providing an environment where innovation can flourish.
Norwich Business School (NBS) is one of the United Kingdom’s fastest-growing business schools, with pioneering programmes including the world’s first postgraduate course in Brand Leadership.
With strong industry links, we understand the needs of business, and our courses embed practical elements to build essential skills and knowledge for the workplace. Our graduates have relevant experience to boost their career options and, with a focus on small group teaching, you’ll enjoy a high level of contact time with academic staff, benefiting from an open-door policy where students are encouraged to talk to academics in a great learning environment.
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Banking and Finance
- MSc Brand Leadership
- MSc Business Analytics and Management
- MSc Business Management
- MSc Digital Business and Management
- MSc Finance and Management
- MSc Global Business Management
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Accounting and Financial Management
- MSc Investment and Financial Management
- MSc Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Marketing and Management
- MSc Operations and Logistics Management
- MSc Organisational Psychology
- Part-Time Executive MBA
Norwich Medical School at UEA has an established reputation for exciting and innovative approaches to education, supported by a strong and rapidly developing research programme.
Our research is focused on answering important health questions in such areas as Population Medicine, Health Economics, Diet and Health, and BioMedicine, as well as working on clinical trials and clinical guidelines. As part of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, we place a strong emphasis on inter-professional co-operation in teaching and research.
We are also part of the Norwich Research Park, an internationally renowned science and business community and Europe's leading centre for research in food, health and the environment.
- Clinical Education (Part time)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (ClinPsyD)
- Health Economics SeNSS
- MClinEd Clinical Education
- MRes Clinical Science
- MS Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- MS Principles of Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- MS Specialist Professional Development (SPD) Principles of Coloproctology
- MSc Clinical Research
- MSc Health Economics
- MSc Physician Associate Studies
- MSc Principles of Regional Anaesthesia
- PDIP Aesthetic Breast Surgery
- PDIP Health Economics
- PG Diploma Clinical Education
- PG Diploma Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- PGCert Clinical Education (online)
- Specialist Professional Development (SPD) - Onco-Aesthetic Breast Surgery
Our staff and postgraduate students are at the forefront of new developments within their disciplines. The School brings together world-leading expertise in the visual arts and material culture, in film, television and media studies and in the literature, history, and culture of the United States, and the Atlantic and Pacific worlds.
Our Art History students work in unrivalled proximity to major, internationally-renowned works of art located in Norman Foster's famous Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts and we have a rich heritage of teaching and researching in the disciplines of Film, Television and Media, and American Studies.
UEA's School of Biological Sciences is a vibrant community, boasting state-of-art research facilities as well as modern teaching laboratories and is firmly embedded in the internationally renowned Norwich Research Park.
Its world-leading research covers the full spectrum of biology, from biomedicine and developmental biology to microbiology, biochemistry, evolutionary biology, ecology and conservation.
The UEA's long-established School of Chemistry has a dynamic research-led teaching approach and excellence at its heart.
With a multidisciplinary outlook, innovative teaching programme and a supportive learning environment, the School guarantees the most modern and innovate research and teaching.
The School of Computing Sciences offers excellent teaching, research, facilities and exciting course modules, creating a dynamic programme targeted at one of the most rapidly growing sectors of the job market.
Economics at UEA proudly combines a reputation for internationally renowned research and unparalleled academic support for our students.
Our research-inspired approach to teaching means our students benefit from the world-class research undertaken by our academic staff. We offer an outstanding academic experience that provides a platform to fully explore the influence of economic analysis.
The School's research has been published in most of the world's leading economics journals including American Economic Review, Econometrica, Economic Journal, Journal of Economic Theory, Review of Economic Studies, Review of Economics and Statistics, and Quarterly Journal of Economics, as well as in numerous major specialist journals and leading non economics journals.
- Graduate Diploma Economics
- MSc Behavioural and Experimental Economics
- MSc Behavioural Economics and Data Science
- MSc Competition Economics and Policy
- MSc Economics
- MSc Economics and International Relations
- MSc Economics of International Finance and Trade
- MSc Finance and Economics
- MSc Global Media Economics
- MSc International Business Economics
- MSc International Business Finance and Economics
- MSc Quantitative Financial Economics
Study at one of the UK’s premier centres for teaching and research in professional education and be part of our long-standing tradition for world-class educational research. Take advantage of our valuable partnerships with schools and colleges, adult educational groups, governments and universities. Most importantly, gain the knowledge, skills and insights you need to thrive during times of educational and organisational change.
Our postgraduate degrees have been designed to meet your needs when working in an educational setting and support career advancement in local, national and international contexts by drawing on the expertise of members of the School’s research groups. You’ll graduate with a wide range of skills that will be invaluable throughout your career.
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Doctorate in Educational Psychology (EdPsyD)
- MA Education: Learning, Pedagogy and Assessment
- MA Educational Practice and Research
- MA Mathematics Education
- MA Second Language Education
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- MSc Education Leadership and Management
- PGCE Primary (3-7 With Mathematics)
- PGCE Primary (3-7)
- PGCE Primary (5-11 with Mathematics)
- PGCE Primary (5-11 with Primary Languages - French)
- PGCE Primary (5-11 with Primary Languages - German)
- PGCE Primary (5-11 with Primary Languages - Spanish)
- PGCE Primary (5-11)
- PGCE Primary (7-11 with Mathematics)
- PGCE Primary (7-11 with Primary Languages - French)
- PGCE Primary (7-11 with Primary Languages - German)
- PGCE Primary (7-11 with Primary Languages - Spanish)
- PGCE Primary (7-11)
- PGCE Secondary English
- PGCE Secondary Geography
- PGCE Secondary History
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics with Computing
- PGCE Secondary Modern Foreign Languages (French, German, Spanish)
- PGCE Secondary Physical Education
- PGCE Secondary Physics with Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Science (specialising in Biology)
- PGCE Secondary Science (specialising in Chemistry)
- PGCE Secondary Science (specialising in Physics)
The School of Environmental Sciences at UEA is one of the largest departments of its kind in the UK with over 50 years of experience in bringing together physical and social scientists to study the natural and human environment and their interaction. You’ll learn from and interact with staff that are involved in minimising impacts of the immense challenges our planet faces, from energy, transport, technology, climate change, natural hazards and biodiversity. You can take advantage of our strong links with local, national and international companies, governmental and non-governmental organisations for the next stage in your career.
The School of Health Sciences at UEA is consistently commended for its teaching, encouraging life-long learning and career development.
World-class research underpins all our courses, and our clinical practice sees us working in partnership with healthcare providers to provide a variety of high-quality practice placements during which we collaborate with service users and carers throughout. Our research active academic staff are experts in their fields and will inspire you to develop your interests and career.
- Advanced Practice - Distance Learning
- MSc Adult Nursing - Preregistration
- MSc Advanced Professional Practice
- MSc Children's Nursing - Preregistration
- MSc Clinical Research
- MSc Dietetics
- MSc Mental Health Nursing - Preregistration
- MSc Occupational Therapy
- MSc Physiotherapy
- Professional Doctorate in Health and Social Care (ProfD HaSC)
The School of History is a leading department, offering the chance to study in the most complete medieval city in Britain; Norwich. Our lecturers may be eminent historians, but they are also available to discuss your work and ideas on an individual basis, and are always keen to share their insights into the latest historical issues and debates, making UEA a great place for you to undertake your postgraduate study.
The School of International Development at UEA is a leading global centre of excellence in research and teaching in international development, committed to making a real difference in the world.
Our academics regularly advise on policy on major global challenges such as poverty reduction and environmental sustainability.
With students from over 50 countries studying in the School of International Development we’re extremely proud of our cosmopolitan and friendly environment. We organise a comprehensive induction week when you arrive and social events/trips are planned throughout the year. These help students settle in, whatever their background and recent experience. You’ll also find academic and administrative staff extremely supportive.
- MA Agriculture and Rural Development
- MA Conflict, Governance and International Development
- MA Education and Development
- MA Gender Analysis in International Development
- MA Globalisation, Business and Sustainable Development
- MA International Development
- MA International Social Development
- MA Media and International Development
- MRes Social Science Research Methods
- MSc Climate Change and International Development
- MSc Development Economics
- MSc Environment and International Development
- MSc Impact Evaluation for International Development
- MSc International Development Management
The School of Literature, Drama and Creative Writing brings together writers, scholars, teachers and students in an exploration of the powers and possibilities of literature. Our aim is to make creative writing and critical reading confront one another in ways that sharpen and enliven both.
We are recognised globally for our courses in creative writing and have a unique approach to studying within the school.
- MA Biography and Creative Non-Fiction
- MA Creative Writing Crime Fiction
- MA Creative Writing Poetry
- MA Creative Writing Prose Fiction
- MA Creative Writing Scriptwriting
- MA Literary Translation
- MA Medieval and Early Modern Textual Cultures: 1381-1688
- MA Modern and Contemporary Writing
- Theatre Directing: Text and Production
The School of Mathematics offers exceptional teaching in a department which has thriving research and delivers a world-class student experience. Our academics within the school have a diverse range of interests meaning our students can have the option to explore which research area they study.
The School of Pharmacy at UEA has an excellent reputation. You will be taught by a mixture of academic and practising pharmacists who are dedicated specialists in their field. That means you can be sure of access to up-to-date clinical and operational pharmacy knowledge as well as novel teaching and learning techniques.
A close relationship with institutes of the Norwich Research Park and the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital provides research opportunities in food and plant related science, health, chemical and structural biology, bioanalysis and biotechnology.
The School of Politics, Philosophy, Language and Communication Studies, brings together staff and students studying a range of interrelated subjects. A lively, stimulating and welcoming atmosphere brings together our interdisciplinary teaching and research strengths through a broad range of postgraduate courses with an emphasis on employability.
The School of Psychology has an outstanding reputation for high-quality research and teaching, with strengths across a range of different subject areas.
Research excellence in the School is underpinned by outstanding facilities for research and teaching, including state-of-the-art virtual reality, EEG, TMS, fNIRS, motion tracking, eye tracking and computing and observation laboratories. We also make use of a 3T MRI brain scanner situated in the nearby Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Social work training at UEA has long been among the most highly regarded in the country. We combine teaching that emphasises reflective and relationship-based practice with excellent placement opportunities in a wide range of settings provided by our local partner agencies. Our students have gone on to become first rate practitioners, successful senior managers and distinguished academics.
Our teaching is based on research, allowing you to share directly and indirectly in the excitement of scientific and scholarly endeavour. Many of our lecturers are actively involved in research and nearly all are experienced practitioners, which means that our students gain direct insight into the latest social work issues and evidence-based practice.
Students from the Law School have progressed to a wide variety of successful careers, from private practice in local and international law firms to government legal departments and international organisations, from universities to industry and commerce.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies
- LLM Information, Technology and Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Commercial and Business Law
- LLM International Commercial and Competition Law
- LLM International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- LLM International Trade Law
- LLM Master of Laws
- LLM Media Law, Policy and Practice