London, United Kingdom
About Kingston University
We’re proud to be ranked a top 40 UK university and the top university in the UK for design and crafts. We’re also ranked the top university in London for bioscience, sport science, pharmacy, nursing and midwifery (Guardian league table 2021).
Whether you’re looking to advance or change your career, a postgraduate degree from Kingston University can help you make it work. Our postgraduate degrees are developed in consultation with industry and offer flexible study options, allowing you to balance studying with work or family commitments. We offer a wide range of postgraduate taught and research degrees in areas such as art and design, business, social sciences, healthcare, engineering and computing.
Careers and employability are at the centre of our curriculum. Created with the world of work in mind, many courses have been developed in consultation with industry-leading organisations and carry professional accreditation. Our staff maintain links to business and industry by staying active in the workplace and earning respect in the fields in which they practice.
We are one of the few universities that offer the opportunity to undertake a placement while studying a postgraduate degree. Many of our courses offer an optional year integrated work placement programme which will help you gain valuable, practical industry experience and provide you with the opportunity to link your studies to real-life situations in the workplace.
Above all, alongside our teaching and research credentials, we are known for our supportive and inclusive community, where you will meet and be inspired by students from all backgrounds.
We offer a wide range of postgraduate taught and research degrees in areas such as art and design, business, healthcare, and engineering.
Our study areas include:
- Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Architecture and Landscape
- Art and Design
- Building and Surveying
- Business and Human Resources
- Chemistry and Pharmacy
- Computing and Digital Media
- Creative Industries and Creative Economy
- Economics, History and Politics
- Film, Music and Photography
- Geography and Environment
- Health and Social Care
- Life Sciences
- Psychology, Criminology, Sociology
- Sport, Performance and Exercise
Visit our website to find the right course for you.
Our wide range of study options reflects the broad scope of our teaching and the diverse backgrounds and needs of our students. Many courses have the option to study either full or part-time allowing you to balance study with work or family commitments. We offer a variety taught and research-based master's courses, as well as PhDs that can take your education and career to the next level.
Kingston University has four teaching campuses. Each has its own character, but all offer state-of-the-art facilities and a friendly study environment.
Our new landmark building, Town House, located at our Penrhyn Road campus opened in January 2020 and provides outstanding study facilities for students, including a new library with over 1,000 study spaces, flexible learning areas, a covered courtyard, cafes, dance studios and roof top gardens.
Kingston University is based in Kingston upon Thames, a busy riverside town on the borders of London and Surrey. Kingston is packed with historic buildings, great shops, bars, restaurants, pubs, leisure venues and open spaces. Half an hour on the train will see you arrive in central London, where famous museums, galleries and iconic West End theatre shows await.
Kingston upon Thames has been consistently reported as one of the safest boroughs in London (Metropolitan Police, 2020).
Kingston University has a lively academic and social environment. Alongside our learning resources, you will find a range of social and cultural opportunities on campus, including:
- Sport and leisure facilities
- The Stanley Picker art gallery
- Dorich House Museum
- Students' Union bars and shops
- Concerts, talks and events
Find out more about postgraduate study at Kingston University by attending one of our open evenings. You’ll have the chance to speak with academic staff, ask questions about the application and enrolment process, receive advice on finance, support services and careers, and view our learning facilities.
Masters student Clare Tibble shares her experience of studying at Kingston University.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
Kingston Business School enjoys close links with both local companies and international partners.
We offer some of the longest established business courses in the UK. Our mission is to provide and unlock opportunities in business and management, which we do by:
• Offering a comprehensive set of courses with an absolute dedication to student achievement and relevance;
• Pursuing world-class research which has impact on our stakeholders;
• Constantly engaging and interacting with practice to shape, inform and evaluate what we do.
Kingston Business School is one of the largest business schools in the UK and is a long established and leading provider of management and business education for business professionals at all stages in their career.
The Business School is split into four key departments:
• Department of Accounting, Finance and Informatics
• Department of Management
• Department of Strategy, Marketing and Innovation
• Small Business Research Centre
We offer a comprehensive and professionally-relevant set of undergraduate, postgraduate and executive courses, across several business disciplines including marketing, human resources, finance and general management as well as our AMBA accredited MBA.
Many of our courses are recognised and accredited by professional bodies, including AMBA, EPAS, CIM, CIPD and more. Kingston Business School has been awarded the prestigious AACSB accreditation. A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by only five per cent of the world's business schools.
Our teaching is focused on applying theory to real, practical situations. All our courses are structured to ensure a stimulating and balanced programme of study. Plus, your learning experience is enhanced with the use of a wide range of teaching resources including e-learning technologies, interactive classroom sessions and student-led group projects. We are also one of only a few universities in the UK to have a real-time Bloomberg trading room, designed to give you the experience of working in a fast paced professional environment.
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Banking and Finance (MSc)
- Behavioural Decision Science (MSc)
- Child Psychology (MSc)
- Clinical Applications of Psychology (MSc)
- Criminology (MA)
- Criminology with Forensic Psychology (MA)
- Finance (MSc)
- Financial and Business Management (MSc)
- Forensic Psychology (MSc)
- General Law LLM
- Global Human Resource Management (MSc)
- Human Resource Management (MSc top-up)
- Human Rights (MA)
- Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship (with pathway) (MSc)
- International Business Management with pathways in General Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Project Management (MSc)
- International Politics and Economics (MA)
- International Relations (MSc)
- Investment and Financial Risk Management (MSc)
- Leadership and Management in Health (MSc/PGDip/PGCert)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (MSc)
- Marketing & Brand Management (MSc)
- Marketing Communications and Advertising (MSc)
- Master of Business Administration MBA
- Occupational and Business Psychology (MSc)
- Psychology (MSc)
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications (MA)
- Real Estate (MSc)
Welcome to the Faculty of Health Social Care and Education, a joint enterprise of Kingston University and St George’s, University of London (known as Kingston and St George’s).
Born out of partnership, collaboration is central to our way of working at Kingston and St George’s. We work with a wide variety of partners to deliver cutting-edge undergraduate, postgraduate and workforce development education and training. We work collaboratively with health, social care and education providers to promote practice development and workplace learning. Our research also brings together partners from many different backgrounds and countries. This, along with regular consultations with health, social care and education service users, underpins the knowledge and skills of all our staff. Our business development office is dedicated to supporting these activities through on-going industry networking and relationship building.
The vision of Kingston and St George’s Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education is to support a knowledge-based health, social care and education economy and service reconfiguration. We also aim to contribute to making London a ‘healthy city’ through high quality education, workforce innovation and research excellence.
We deliver innovative, practice-informed learning; with an estimated 85 per cent of all our students obtaining employment within six months of graduating. We are a lively student-centred and leading interdisciplinary organisation that has expertise in education, research and practice innovation in health and social care. As well as our extensive portfolio of undergraduate, postgraduate and workforce development courses for education, nursing, midwifery, social work, radiography, rehabilitation sciences and paramedic science, we have a rapidly expanding research portfolio that enriches our teaching and the student experience.
• In the 2014 Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) Research Excellence Framework, 74 per cent of our research was deemed world-leading or internationally excellent. Furthermore, we are proud to be recently ranked among the top in London for all of our subject areas in the latest Guardian university subject rankings.
As one of the leading providers of health, social care and education courses and training in the United Kingdom, we’re proud to be playing a pivotal role in shaping the future workforce for London.
- Adult Nursing (MSc)
- Advanced Social Work (MA)
- Children's Nursing (MSc)
- Clinical Leadership (MSc)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Early Years Teacher Birth to 5 leading to Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) (PGCE)
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education PgCert
- Learning Disabilities Nursing (MSc)
- Master of Research (Education) (MRes)
- Mental Health Nursing (MSc)
- Midwifery with Registered Midwife for Registered Nurses (Adult) MMid
- Midwifery with Registered Midwife MMid
- National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (PGCert)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) top-up
- Practice Education (PGCert)
- Primary Teaching leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (PGCE)
- Secondary Teaching leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (PGCE)
- Social Work (MSW)
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing (SEC) formed in 2011, is comprised of four schools, bringing together interdisciplinary research, improving the scope of the student experience and encouraging partnerships between academia and commerce. Through a collaborative approach, SEC offers greater access to resources, knowledge and information and a broader perspective on its subjects, with teaching and research staff working more closely with their colleagues in other disciplines.
Many of our courses are developed in collaboration with, and accredited by leading professional organisations to ensure that your studies reflect the latest developments in the workplace.
We offer a range of taught postgraduate courses within the faculty. Our courses are designed in collaboration with industry professionals to ensure you stay up to date with the latest developments in rapidly changing areas of science, engineering and computing.
Our academic staff are equipped with wide ranging educational, research and industrial expertise. The healthy balance of experienced and newer staff with flourishing research interests fosters a dynamic academic environment filled with an enthusiasm for learning and supporting excellence.
We’ve invested heavily in the development of new facilities, students have access to the latest technologies at our Penrhyn Road campus. Coursework is underpinned by the latest technologies and strengthened by active collaborations with industry leaders providing practical experience through placements as well as educational partnerships.
We build and maintain strong links with industry through the taught programmes, research collaborations and consultancy. Our courses are designed to ensure they meet professional and industry needs.
To ensure students are up to date with the latest developments we invite key experts to give guest lectures and provide industry insight.
Students have the opportunity to network with industry professionals and work on real-world projects, for example assisting with the Olympic Broadcasting Service, whereby 120 students worked alongside the BBC, NBC and experienced sports reporters. They assisted camera operators, worked on commentary systems, and documented video material.
Master’s degree students have the opportunity to work in one of our state-of-the-art research labs, for Wireless Multimedia and Networking (WMN). WMN is involved in UK and EU research collaborations, and opens up prospects for advanced research and short-term research fellowships, on completion of a masters degree.
A variety of scholarships and bursaries are available to postgraduate overseas and home / EU students. Find out more about the postgraduate scholarships.
If you are starting a course from September 2017, you will be able to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 to study for a postgraduate masters degree. Taught and research-based courses are eligible and funding is available for both full-time and part-time study.
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing is offering a 35% reduction of tuition fees which will be awarded to home/EU students or international who meet the following criteria:
• have been awarded a first-class honours degree from a university in the UK (excluding overseas campuses) after January 2015; and
• have enrolled full time on a Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing MSc or MA course in September 2017 or January 2018.
We also offer a wide range of scholarships and bursaries - and if you're a Kingston Alumni, you'll get 10% off your fees.
- Advanced Product Design Engineering & Manufacturing (MSc)
- Aerospace Engineering (MSc)
- Analytical Chemistry (MSc)
- Biomedical Science (Haematology/Medical Microbiology) (MSc)
- Biomedical Science with Management Studies (MSc)
- Building Surveying (MSc)
- Cancer Biology (MSc)
- Computer Animation (MA)
- Data Science (MSc)
- Engineering Projects & Systems Management (MSc)
- Environmental Management (MSc)
- Forensic Science (Analysis/Toxicology) (MSc)
- Game Development (Design) (MA)
- Game Development (Programming) (MSc)
- Information Systems (MSc)
- Management in Construction (Civil Engineering) (MSc)
- Management in Construction (MSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (MSc)
- Mechatronic Systems (MSc)
- Mobile Networks and Media Streaming (MSc)
- Network and Information Security / with Management Studies (MSc)
- Networking & Data Communications / with Management Studies Masters (MSc)
- Pharmaceutical Analysis / with Management Studies (MSc)
- Pharmaceutical Science / with Management Studies (MSc)
- Quantity Surveying (MSc)
- Renewable Energy Engineering (MSc)
- Software Engineering / with Management Studies (MSc)
- Structural Design & Construction Management (MSc)
- Structural Design & Construction Management with Sustainability (MSc)
- Technology (Maritime Operations) (MSc)
- User Experience Design (MSc)
Kingston School of Art is recognised as one of the best art and design schools in teaching and research in Europe and in many areas of the world. Our position amongst the top art and design schools is confirmed by subject rankings, research performance, industry and student awards, and the leading brands and institutions that choose to work with us. We count many of the best architects, artists, designers, and scholars among our staff and alumni.
Most of those studying, teaching, or researching in architecture, design, fine art, or critical and historical studies do so under one roof at Knights Park campus, our home for 75 years. This is a vibrant community just 20 minutes from the world’s most important creative and cultural centre, London.
The Faculty started as Kingston School of Art in 1875, becoming part of the then Kingston Polytechnic in 1970. We have been at Knights Park since 1939. Like other British art and design schools founded in the wake of the Great Exhibition, our objective was to support industry.
We are committed to the mission of leading industry, while recognising the different complexion and challenges of industry and the broadening of the term to include the creative industries and academia.
Our teaching is guided by two principles: that students learn through the process of making; that students are already critical practitioners and therefore contribute to the development of their subject area.
Our courses focus on studio-based learning - that's where your ideas come to life. This is why we have well-equipped, dedicated studios with everything you'll need to support your work. We also provide great workshops and the latest equipment to support and enhance your learning experience. We have recently expanded and upgraded our 3D workshops, enabling you to work alongside and be inspired by students from other creative disciplines.
Moving Image is the Faculty’s state-of-the art filming, editing and animation suite. The space is open to all students subject to availability and there is an equipment loan scheme so students can take cameras out on location. Moving Image is staffed by technical specialists who are there to help students realise their projects and push their work beyond what they thought was possible.
The Dame Elizabeth Esteve-Coll Centre opened in February 2012 and provides art and design library facilities on the Knights Park campus. The Centre is one of four learning resource centres at Kingston University and is open to all students and staff. Resources include books, journals, DVDs and an extensive range of online material. The Special Collection includes rare illustrated books, artists’ books and examples of paper engineering. The Centre has zoned study areas, bookable seminar rooms, Macs and reprographic facilities and an Access Technology Room for disabled students.
We also have a collection of sculpture, painting and decorative art at Dorich House, a museum run by the University.
- Aesthetics and Art Theory (MA)
- Architecture (ARB/RIBA Part 2) (MArch)
- Art Business (MA)
- Communication Design: Graphic Design (MA)
- Communication Design: Illustration (MA)
- Composing for Film and Television (MMus)
- Creative Practice (Graduate Diploma) with pathways in Fashion, Graphics, Illustration, 3D Design
- Creative Writing (Distance Learning) (MA)
- Creative Writing (MA)
- Creative Writing (MFA)
- Creative Writing and Publishing (MA)
- Curating Contemporary Design (MA)
- English Literature (MA)
- Fashion (MA)
- film making (MA)
- Film Studies (MA)
- Fine Art (MFA)
- Historic Building Conservation (MSc)
- Interior Design (MA)
- Journalism (MA/PGDip)
- Landscape and Urbanism (MA)
- Landscape Architecture MLA (LI accredited)
- Magazine Journalism (MA)
- Media and Communication MA
- Modern European Philosophy (MA)
- Museum and Gallery Studies (MA)
- Music (MA)
- Music Education (MA)
- Music Performance (MMus)
- Philosophy (MPhilStud)
- Philosophy and Contemporary Critical Theory (MA)
- Photography (MA)
- Product & Furniture Design (MA)
- Professional Practice Architecture (ARB/RIBA Part 3 exemption) (PGDip)
- Project Management for Creative Practitioners (MSc)
- Publishing (MA)
- Sustainable Design (MA)