Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Founded in 1949, by the former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford, we are proud of our heritage of over 70 years of history as a leading British university. We are committed, now more than ever, to our founding ethos of supporting and developing confident, academically astute and critical thinking students, who can progress in their career and reach their goals.
Keele is located in the heart of England on a beautiful 600-acre campus. We are ideally situated right by a bustling university town, Newcastle-under-Lyme, minutes away from the ever-developing city of Stoke-on-Trent and less than an hour away from Manchester and Birmingham and only 90 minutes by train to London.
Whatever your area of study, we deliver a unique and international learning experience for postgraduate students. We teach in small groups, provide one-to-one access to our academics and value the quality of our teaching as highly as our research.
For postgraduates, our rural campus community provides an environment that is focused, relevant and mature. We are one of the only universities in the country to offer an on campus Students' Union that specialises in representing the interests of postgraduate students, the Keele Postgraduate Association (KPA).
Be a part of Keele’s dedication to helping to change the world for the better by engaging in cutting-edge research. You will have full access to our respected academics and you will benefit from a reputation for excellence in research. Our Institute of Liberal Arts & Sciences will provide you with a hub for debate, academic enquiry, interdisciplinary collaboration, as well as fresh thinking for the great challenges the world faces today.
It’s little wonder our global students and alumni community are as individual as the University itself: progressive and accomplished, clear about who they are and what they want to be, equipped to meet some of the big challenges the world today presents, for the good of society and enterprise. It’s the Keele difference.
We hold a number of Postgraduate Open Afternoons each year which give prospective students the opportunity to visit the campus and learn more about Keele and postgraduate life in general.
Please book your attendance in advance to ensure that we can arrange for an academic from your course area to be available at the event.
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement
Keele University School of Medicine has a range of taught Masters courses, all of which are in modular format and which can be accessed as short courses or with credits transferable between Masters level courses elsewhere in the Faculty of Health. Many courses are available to health professionals from disciplines other than medicine and are relevant to clinicians engaged in primary and secondary care.
Keele runs a popular ‘Teaching the Teachers’ course for health professionals and also a Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters in Medical Education which is accredited by the Institute of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
Keele’s innovative Masters in Medical Science includes core modules and a wide range of optional modules, helping you to complete the Certificate, Diploma or Masters via a pathway that suits you. The award has been mapped against the revised Good Medical Practice from the GMC and can help you demonstrate your commitment to maintaining your fitness to practice for when recertification is introduced as part of medical re-licensing.
Why choose Keele?
• Keele University is located right in the middle of England, about an hour from Birmingham and an hour from Manchester. It’s a research-led university with excellent teaching quality and graduate employment rates.
• Keele is one of the UK’s largest and most attractive university campuses, with 650 acres of landscaped parkland, fields, woodlands and lakes.
• The number of permanent academic staff employed at Keele is one of the highest in the UK, which means that there is always consistency in the teaching and support.
• The Keele Postgraduate Association provides excellent social facilities for postgraduates, and also represents their interests to the university.
• There are about 600 full-time postgraduate taught courses on campus and about the same number of postgraduate part-time students. The total number of full-time students at Keele is about 7,000. The size means that there is a genuine community on campus.
• You will be taught by experts in each subject, with national and international research reputations.
• You’ll benefit from the latest thinking in all subject areas.
• There is an induction week for international postgraduates, giving plenty to help in settling in and sorting out practical issues before the start of teaching. An International Student Support Office is available to help international students.
• English language support is available to all students during their studies.
• International postgraduate students are guaranteed accommodation on campus provided they apply for this by 30th June.
• Keele offers excellent value for money: tuition and accommodation fess are competitive and there is no application fee.
For further information regarding all postgraduate courses at Keele University School of Medicine, please email [email protected]
With its long-standing reputation in multidisciplinary education, Keele University provides the opportunity to study a number of subjects from the Natural Sciences in various combinations. The ensuing multidisciplinary programmes provide the opportunity to engage with the latest research developments and innovations, to develop a diverse portfolio of scientific skills, and to consider the interdisciplinary nature of many scientific issues of relevance to both our sustainable development and our quality of life.
With their multidisciplinary backgrounds, Natural Sciences graduates are highly regarded by employers and are well qualified for a wide variety of careers within science-based industries, the commercial sector, media and education.