Communication is one of the most vital parts to our work and life. Ability to succeed in life beyond basic communication levels opens significant doors in terms of business, successful organisational growth, great human relationships and ability to grow opportunities. This programme allows you to understand and explore just how much we communicate effectively and with each other and how we interact with the wider world in doing so. Communication is vital to success on an individual and organisational level and this programme gives you a multidisciplinary approach to the discipline. You can discover and fine tune your skills in negotiation, create rapport, provide leadership and interpret various issues to interaction which prevent growth, movement or improvements within an organisation and your business relationships. This is an essential language which you can apply to just about any known business and organisation area. Professional communication can be the difference between the failure or success of projects, organisations and people management, plus how your organisation is seen by the rest of the world. Specific business areas we look at are in healthcare, law and the energy industry in Aberdeen so that we can utilise our networks but these skills are applicable to any business discipline or institution.
You acquire skills in organisational negotiation, leadership, rapport management and interaction with a range of professional institutions and business organisations. You study a variety of intercultural communications and professional contexts to uncover the true meaning of data in language analysis for example. The breadth of opportunities for a professional with communications expertise is immense and it can be anything from the more obvious communications, marketing and change management positions to HR, teaching, PR and crisis management.
Find out more detail by visiting the programme web page
Find out about fees
*Please be advised that some programmes have different tuition fees from those listed above and that some programmes also have additional costs.
View all funding options on our funding database via the programme page
Find out more about:
The Master of Communication program allows students to further their careers in Communication by equipping them with an appropriate mix of theory and practice suited to industry. It provides an ideal balance of theoretical knowledge, practical skills, problem solving abilities, interpersonal skills and a high level of written communication.
A Master of Communication at Bond, allows graduates to complement their dynamic and flexible skills with a deep understanding of theory and practice. By building upon previously acquired knowledge with problem-solving skills and a high level of written communication, graduates can differentiate themselves in the industry.
The Master of Communication comprises 12 subjects, as follows:
Core subjects (2)
Foundation subjects (6)
Dissertation/Elective option subejcts (4)
Students must choose one (1) of the following suites of subjects as their dissertation/portfolio:
Bond University’s teaching methodology involves a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, examinations, projects, presentations, assignments, computer labs and industry projects.
Available research topics for dissertation / portfolio
The Faculty of Society & Design has highly skilled academic staff who can provide supervision to students in the following research areas:
The Master will enhance the potential of young brilliant professionals to tackle all the complexities of communication management. Each module of the Master training is designed to strengthen the students chance to become a sought out professional in the communication field. The Master training is centered on the most current and significant strategic and operational issues of communication in all its business configurations, in order to make students acquire the professional, interpersonal, and language skills necessary to be effective communicators in organizations.
The Master graduates will gain 360 degrees of communication knowledge of strategic and operational management of communication (marketing communications/brand management, accounting and strategic planning, interactive/social media communications and community management, corporate public relations, internal communications, stakeholder relations). The Master supports students’ career openings by:
● Empowering students’ self-branding capability organizing classes focused on effective resume writing, job interview training, teamwork advice, as well as diversity and cross-cultural management;
● Supporting encounters between students and professionals directly in the classroom. Many of the professors are top executives that may hire students for internships
● Involving students in field trips to companies and agencies;
● Challenging students with a real consultancy field project. An opportunity to take on the full responsibility in managing a project and delivering a result by activating the knowledge developed in the classroom. Consultancy projects are a realistic and direct bridge with potential employers;
● Sharing students’ profiles with the Master’s partner companies and business liaisons beyond partners;
● Partnering with Università Cattolica Stage and Placement Office which collects and posts job opportunities. Over the past editions, students have been hired for internships at: BMW, FIAT, Ketchum Inc., L’Oréal, Leo Burnett, Mediacom, MSL Group, Pandora, TBWA Worldwide, and Vizeum Spa.
The 4 E of the Master in Corporate Communication excellence:
● Corporate Communication
● Communication Planning and measurement
● Brand management & consumer-brand relationships
● B2C & B2B Marketing
● Qualitative & quantitative market research
● Communication skills
● Professional life and negotiation
● Advanced English for relationship management (Language courses are alternative options )
● Italian language and culture (Language courses are alternative options )
● Far East culture and language (Language courses are alternative options )
● Social Media Management
● Market Insights
● Advertising Creative & Media\Budgeting Strategy
● Consumer Behaviour
● Public Relations
● Retail Experience
● Business-to-Business Relationships
● Internal Communication
● Event Management
● Crisis Communication and issue management
Milan boasts extraordinary beauty. The city has inspired the creativity behind some of the world’s iconic fashion and design labels. Milan is recognized as a fashion and design capital, and has a major global influence in commerce, industry, music, sport, literature, art, and media.
Students receive support through comput- ing platforms including teaching, discussion forum, group work and tutorship. There is a tutor tailored for every consultancy field project group. Within the program there is a strong involvement of student group works and meetings with companies.
Supporting Companies: Leo Burnett, MSL Group
Partner Companies: ABC Production Agency, Henkel, International Advertising Association, Intesa Sanpaolo, Italian Brand Factory, Iterion, Mediacom, MSL Group, TBWA, Vizeum Aegis Media Group, We are social
Consultancy projects: Google, Disney, Leo Burnett, Lovable, Mars, MSL, Vizeum, 3M (previous editions of the Master)
Liaisons companies: Coop, Ecor Naturasi, Heineken, Lego (involved in class presentations and assignments).
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Scholarship value: €2500