The School of English is one of the largest of its kind in the UK. The School has recently celebrated 125 years of English at Nottingham and has a rich and vibrant research culture.
Our postgraduates benefit from the School’s specialist research centres including the Centre for Regional Literature and Culture (including the D.H. Lawrence Research Centre), the Centre for the Study of the Viking Age, the Centre for Research in Applied Linguistics, and the Institute for Name Studies.
The Hallward Library has excellent provision of books, periodicals and online resources in all aspects of English Studies, with some notable special collections relating to the School’s research, and manuscripts and special collections in custom-built premises. The School also has new laboratory space to support areas of research in applied linguistics.
• Applied Linguistics MA
• Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching MA
• Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching by Web-based Distance Learning MA
• Applied Linguistics by Web-based Distance Learning MA
• Communication and Entrepreneurship MSc
• Creative Writing MA
• English Literature MA
• English Studies MA
• English Studies by Web-based Distance Learning MA
• Health Communication by Web-based Distance Learning MA
• Literary Linguistics by Web-based Distance Learning MA
• Modern English Language by Web-based Distance Learning MA
• Viking and Anglo-Saxon Studies MA