Anglia Ruskin University ARU
ARU gives you the opportunity to explore who you are and discover your strengths. We provide an active, applied education that will help you to amplify your purpose and gain the knowledge, skills and experience to achieve your ambitions. ARU have also been named one of the top 40 universities in the UK and top 350 institutions in the world by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings, 2022.
Discover a range of postgraduate courses with September and January start dates, part-time options and even placement years options.
You’ll find our campuses in the heart of Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough, each with their own unique style and charm. Our partnership with ARU London also gives you the opportunity to study for an ARU-validated degree in the capital city.
From September 2021, courses at our new ARU Peterborough campus will be open offering an exciting range of career-focussed degrees. ARU Peterborough is a Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, Peterborough City Council and Anglia Ruskin University Initiative.
You’ll benefit from award-winning facilities at ARU - the result of £115m of investment over the past six years. Recent additions to our campuses include our School of Medicine in Chelmsford which began training our first cohort of doctors in 2018; our Science Centre in Cambridge specifically designed to support STEM students and researchers; and two Law Clinics offering our students the opportunity to work in real-life cases with qualified solicitors. ARU Cambridge is also home to facilities such as the Eye Clinic, Mumford Theatre, Ruskin Gallery, recording studios, print-making and 3D workshops, TV studio, editing suites and more.
Our support services are available to all ARU students and vary from regular on-campus sessions to online consultations and 1-2-1 advice. There are employability teams to help with CV writing, networking and securing part-time work, placements or internship opportunities. Anglia Ruskin Enterprise Academy are also available for business and start-up support and workshops.
Student Services offer money advice, health and wellbeing support, counselling, disability and dyslexia support, the Study Skills Plus scheme (academic support). There’s also tailored academic support for each student with their assigned Personal Development Tutor.
You will also benefit from our Students’ Union for societies, volunteering, events and confidential, impartial advice.
With 12 world-leading areas of research, including our Global Sustainability Institute, we're making a positive difference - tackling global issues from climate change to mental health. We’ve also helped more than 2,000 businesses to grow and perform better.
ARU have been awarded The Queen’s Anniversary Prize to recognise their world-leading work and innovative research. The Prizes are the highest national Honour awarded in UK higher and further education and are granted by The Queen every two years. Read more here.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
Whether you’re keen to change the direction of your career, gain a promotion, get back to work or you’re simply eager to keep your brain active, distance learning is the ideal solution. You can study a course in your own time and around other commitments, such as your job, children or hobbies.
At Anglia Ruskin University, we offer an extensive range of distance learning courses, which you can study from a place that suits you, as well as benefitting from full support throughout your course.
Using our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), you can access a comprehensive range of study resources, take part in online workshops and join lively discussion boards to chat about ideas and assignments. In addition, our expert tutors are on hand to offer regular feedback and advice.
Depending which subject you choose to study, you may have the opportunity to join us on campus for some residential workshops or study days. In fact, if you live close to one of our campuses, you're more than welcome to pop in to use the libraries and facilities at any time.
Importantly, we look forward to welcoming you to our campuses to graduate upon the successful completion of your course.
In the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, we nurture creativity through experimentation and risk-taking. We encourage critical thinking to educate, entertain, inspire and understand people. Our academics excel at both practice and theory with their expertise reaching deep into industry. In the most recent Research Excellence Framework, our research was classed as being of ‘international standing’ with some elements ‘world-leading.’
Visit our website: https://aru.ac.uk/arts-humanities-and-social-sciences
- DProf - Professional Doctorate in Policing
- MA - Children's Book Illustration
- MA - Computer Games Development (Art)
- MA - Contemporary Policing
- MA - Creative Writing
- MA - Creative Writing and Publishing
- MA - Criminology
- MA - Dramatherapy
- MA - English Literature
- MA - Film and Television Production
- MA - Fine Art
- MA - Graphic Design and Typography
- MA - History
- MA - Illustration
- MA - Intercultural Communication
- MA - International Relations
- MA - Music Therapy
- MA - Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy
- MA - Printmaking
- MA - Publishing
- MA - Sociology
- MA - Spirituality
- MPhil - Art and Design
- MPhil - Children's Book Illustration
- MPhil - Creative Writing
- MPhil - Criminology
- MPhil - Dramatherapy
- MPhil - English Language and Intercultural Communication
- MPhil - English Language and Linguistics
- MPhil - English Literature
- MPhil - Film Studies and Media Studies
- MPhil - History
- MPhil - International Relations
- MPhil - Music Therapy
- MPhil - Philosophy
- MPhil - Publishing
- MPhil - Sociology
- MPhil - Theatre, Drama and Performance
- MSc - Computer Games Development (Computing)
- MSc - International Social Welfare and Social Policy
You have a highly active mind and see opportunity everywhere. Now you need theory and life-changing skills to sharpen your approach to management. Immerse yourself in a faculty where technology blends with teaching to create a dynamic, innovative learning environment. An environment to help you gain those skills and help you find the edge you need to succeed.
Visit our website: https://aru.ac.uk/business-and-law
- DBA - Professional Doctorate in Business and Management
- LLM - Advanced Legal Practice
- LLM - International Business and Commercial Law
- MA - Human Resource Management
- MA - Human Resource Management (Stage 3 Only Top-Up)
- MBA - Business Administration (Health and Social care)
- MBA - Business Administration (with Placement)
- MBA - Entrepreneurship (with optional Placement)
- MBA - Finance (with optional Placement)
- MBA - FinTech and Data Analytics (with Optional Placement)
- MBA - Master of Business Administration
- MBA - Master of Business Administration (Hospitality Management)
- MPhil - Law
- MSc - Accounting and Finance (with optional Placement)
- MSc - Brand Management (with Optional Placement)
- MSc - International Business (with Optional Placement)
- MSc - International Marketing
- MSc - International Project Management
- MSc - Marketing (with optional placement)
- MSc - Supply Chain Management (with Optional Placement)
- PGDip - Legal Practice Course
We’re the largest provider of health, social care and education courses in the East of England and are proud to train the doctors in the first School of Medicine in Essex.
Our courses have been designed with you in mind. You'll learn through the use of high-end facilities which mirror real-life clinical situations, be educated by award winning academics and graduate with the skills to impact people's lives.
Visit our website: https://aru.ac.uk/health-education-medicine-and-social-care
- DProf - Professional Doctorate in Health and Social Care
- EdD - Professional Doctorate in Education
- MA - Education
- MA - Education with Early Childhood
- MA - Education with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- MA - Social Work
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- MCh - Urology Master of Surgery
- MD (Res) - Doctor of Medicine by Research
- MSc - Advanced Midwifery Practice
- MSc - Advanced Practice (Clinical)
- MSc - Child and Adolescent Mental Wellbeing
- MSc - Clinical Nursing (Full Time)
- MSc - Clinical Nursing (Part Time)
- MSc - Medical and Healthcare Education
- MSc - Mental Health
- MSc - Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg)
- MSc - Pharmaceutical Science
- MSc - Physician Associate
- MSc - Physiotherapy (Pre-Reg)
- MSc - Public Health and Community Wellbeing
- MSc - Surgical Care Practice
- PGCE - Postgraduate Certificate in Education without QTS
- PGCert - Approved Mental Health Professional
- PGCert - Critical Care
- PGCert - Family Therapy and Systemic Practice
- PGCert - Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (non FHEA)
- PGDip - Community Specialist Practitioner (District Nursing)
- PGDip - Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting or School Nursing)
Combine the theory and practical skills you need for a rewarding career. Join us and you could find yourself learning in the latest laboratories, on field trips or on work placements with leading organisations.
Our Faculty is one of the largest in ARU. We're home to around 6,000 students studying worldwide, and research-active in a range of subject areas, including Computing and Information Science, Engineering & the Built Environment, Life Sciences, Psychology & Sport Science and Vision & Hearing Science.
Visit our website: https://aru.ac.uk/science-and-engineering
- DProf - Professional Doctorate in Science and Engineering
- MPhil - Audiology and Hearing Disability Research
- MPhil - Biology
- MPhil - Biomedical Science
- MPhil - Computing and Information Science
- MPhil - Electronics
- MPhil - Engineering and the Built Environment
- MPhil - Forensic & Investigative Sciences
- MPhil - Optometry and Vision Sciences
- MPhil - Psychology
- MPhil - School of Allied Health
- MPhil - School of Education and Social Care
- MPhil - Sport and Exercise Sciences
- MSc - Animal Behaviour: Applications for Conservation
- MSc - Applied Bioscience
- MSc - Applied Positive Psychology
- MSc - Applied Wildlife Conservation
- MSc - Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- MSc - Artificial Intelligence with Cyber Security
- MSc - Biomedical Science
- MSc - Clinical Child Psychology
- MSc - Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience
- MSc - Computer Science
- MSc - Construction and Civil Engineering Management
- MSc - Construction Project Management
- MSc - Consumer Psychology
- MSc - Cyber Security
- MSc - Data Science
- MSc - Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- MSc - Engineering Management
- MSc - Forensic Science
- MSc - Foundations in Clinical Psychology
- MSc - Information and Communication Technology (Conversion)
- MSc - Mechanical Engineering
- MSc - Project Management
- MSc - Psychology (Conversion)
- MSc - Sport and Exercise Science
- MSc - Sport Coaching
- MSc - Town Planning
- MSc/MPhil - Sustainability