De Montfort University
Postgraduate study at De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) means you’ll deepen your knowledge, widen your experience and open up your career options as a vital part of a dynamic, diverse and supportive community with research excellence at its heart.
At DMU you’ll be able to develop your vision your way because our flexible, responsive approach to study means we’re breaking down conventional boundaries.
We’ve invested significantly in research staff, so we can build on the Research Excellence Framework results that almost 60 per cent of our research is world-leading.
Our commitment to research creates students who are critical thinkers, who can take a lead in industry. In fact, Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessors, in giving us the top Gold award, highlighted research fed into the curriculum and work placements.
You can be confident we understand our role in industry, developing both technologies and skilled, sought-after workers.
DMU has been named the best university in the country for helping students find highly skilled work or further study, in a league table produced from TEF metrics by higher education experts Wonkhe.
All our courses, across four faculties, are designed to open up rewarding career paths.
We have internationally acknowledged research groups in cyber-security, transport, energy, water, advanced manufacturing and creative industries, and a record of excellence in research that offers real-world improvements in health and wellbeing, infrastructure, creativity, economic growth and business.
We have invested £136 million transforming our campus into a modern, inspiring environment. We continually improve our facilities, working with industry to ensure equipment and workspaces replicate those used by professionals.
Sport is in DMU’s blood. Our £8 million leisure centre has a 25m pool, sauna, climbing wall, sports hall, fitness suite, weights area and dance studio and The Watershed is our home for activities including rowing, five-a-side football, badminton, netball, basketball, indoor hockey, indoor cricket and volleyball – and a space for our many societies to meet.
Leicester Castle Business School
Our £4.2 million restoration of Leicester Castle has given new life to this historic treasure. Created to meet the needs of 21st-century business, our Leicester Castle Business School goes beyond business as usual, offering a portfolio of exciting postgraduate courses.
Fees and funding
We have a range of funding options and are committed to helping our students enhance their careers and personal development.
We also offer a number of tuition fee discounts and country-specific scholarships for international students who wish to study a postgraduate course.
Fees vary between each course - visit our postgraduate course listings for the most up-to-date information.
T: +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
De Montfort University's faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities brings together the world leading research, award-winning work, and innovative thinking of the university's creative disciplines. With students who are consistently recognised for the quality of their work, and academics who are internationally recognised for their experience and skill, the faculty is a hive of originality and professionalism.
With a combination of traditional subjects, professionally oriented training, and free-thinking creative disciplines, the faculty makes for an exciting and unique mix of students.
• Our academic staff are among the best in the world thanks to their research and writing. The faculty includes eight National Teaching Fellows, more than most UK universities hold in total. Staff work is regularly recognised with significant awards and prizes, and their research ensures that courses are at the forefront of developments
• Our annual week-long Cultural Exchanges festival has become a significant event in the cultural life of the East Midlands, and offers talks and performances by guests from the arts, media, literature, politics and film
• Students regularly exhibit at regional, national and international galleries, win awards and participate in festivals
• Our range of unique courses includes a sports management degree supported by FIFA, some of the most established specialist fashion courses in the country, and the Independent Study MA where you can pursue a tailor-made MA in a subject area of your choice
• Benefit from our extensive links with many local and national organisations, including the BBC, Arts Councils, the National Media Museum in Bradford, Leicester Mercury, Curve, the Leicester Theatre Trust, Phoenix Square digital arts centre, and the British Library
• We actively engage with local industry, and have close relationships with several large companies, SMEs, and government organisations.
- Architecture Professional Experience Development Record (PEDR)
- MA - Architectural Design
- MA - Contour Fashion Innovation
- MA - Creative Writing
- MA - Design Management and Entrepreneurship
- MA - Digital Design
- MA - English
- MA - English Language Teaching
- MA - Fashion and Textiles
- MA - Fashion Management with Marketing
- MA - Fine Art
- MA - History
- MA - Interior Design
- MA - Management, Law and Humanities of Sport
- MA - Performance Practices
- MA - Sports History and Culture
- MA/MSc - Creative Technologies
- MA/MSc - Design Innovation
- MA/MSc - Product Design
- MArch - Architecture
- MPhil - Architecture research degree
- MPhil - Design research degree
- MPhil - Humanities research degree
- MSc - Architecture and Sustainability
- MSc - Cultural Events Management
- MSc - Sport Management
- MSc - Textile Design, Technology and Innovation
- PG Dip - Architectural Practice (Part 3)
- Photographic History MA
As a postgraduate student in the Faculty of Business and Law you will be joining a thriving, international community that benefits from the many nationalities and culture of our current students and staff. We welcome and support students at all stages of their careers.
We offer full-time, part-time and distance learning courses. These study mode options ensure that the course you choose fits around your other commitments. To ensure distance learners experience the same excellent teaching as students on campus, DMU has invested heavily in online learning resources. Moreover, our courses are designed to meet the needs of modern employers and contain content that is both relevant to industry today and ensures you gain the professional skills and practical experience organisations are looking for.
Situated in the purpose-built Hugh Aston building, the Faculty has modern facilities such as IT labs, study suites, learning zones, a law library and a cafe.
Our teaching is extensively underpinned by the research we do and our work is regularly recognised with major grants from national and international funding councils. DMU’s growing reputation for applied research that benefits society has recently been confirmed with the publication of the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014 results, the UK-wide initiative to assess the quality of research in UK universities).
Leicester Castle Business School - the School offers a wide range of courses designed with the requirement of industry in mind and many of our academics are active in the international research community. Some of our courses offer the opportunity to work with companies and organisations through an ‘in-company project’ over a 12-week period. This is a great opportunity to complete a more practical ‘live’ project, which can be an invaluable asset in the competitive job market and help boost career prospects significantly.
Leicester De Montfort Law School - The School is home to the Department of Law and Leicester Institute of Legal Practice, an experienced provider of first-class legal education and training, and offers the Legal Practice Course and Graduate Diploma in Law. Our suite of LLM courses will also allow you to gain expertise in a specialised area.
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Executive MBA
- Law Graduate Diploma GDL/CPE Graduate Diploma (full-time)
- Legal Practice Course / LLM in Legal Practice LPC / LLM (full-time)
- LLM Business Law / International Business Law (distance learning)
- LLM Employment Law and Practice (distance learning)
- LLM Environmental Law and Practice (distance learning)
- LLM in Legal Practice (top-up)
- LLM International Business Law / Business Law / Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law (distance learning)
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics (distance learning)
- LLM Sports Law (distance learning)
- MA - Diplomacy and World Order
- MA - International Relations
- MA -Public Leadership and Management
- MA/PG Dip - Human Resource Management (full time)
- MA/PG Dip - Human Resource Management (online)
- MA/PG Dip - Human Resource Management (part-time)
- Master of Business Administration MBA (Global)
- MSc - Accounting and Finance
- MSc - Advertising and Public Relations Management
- MSc - Air Transport Management
- MSc - Economics and Finance
- MSc - Economics and International Relations
- MSc - Forensic Accounting
- MSc - Forensic Accounting (Applied)
- MSc - International Banking and Finance
- MSc - International Business and Entrepreneurship
- MSc - International Business and Finance
- MSc - International Business and Human Resource Management
- MSc - International Business and Management
- MSc - International Business and Marketing
- MSc - International Finance and Investment
- MSc - Marketing Management
- MSc - Project Management
- MSc - Risk Management
- MSc - Strategic and Digital Marketing
- PG Cert - Sports Law
- PGCert - Professional Coaching
The largest of four faculties at De Montfort University Leicester (DMU), the faculty of Health and Life Sciences brings together high-quality education, industry links and specialist teaching delivered by research-active academics across four Schools. Our strong links with professional bodies and employer confederations provide an important part of our quality assurance process; with many of our programmes accredited or endorsed by a recognised professional body, as well as some programmes created and delivered with industry input. We offer industry-standard facilities along with cutting-edge technologies, helping to take your professional learning to the next level. Our ethos within The Leicester School of Allied Health Science is to develop students into caring practitioners who think critically and apply evidence-based practice, helping to develop your research and investigative skills. With a reputation of more than 104 years of experience in pharmacy teaching, The Leicester School of Pharmacy boasts professional accreditation from the General Pharmaceutical Council as well as strong industry links with sector leaders including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer and AstraZeneca. By encouraging interdisciplinary working we can help ensure your learning is relevant to current industry practice. Our range of courses within the Social Science school is designed for professional practitioners seeking to develop their knowledge and understanding of both their area of specialism and the rapidly changing contexts in which they work. The Leicester School of Nursing and Midwifery has more than 50 years teaching experience, with accreditations by the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the Health and Care Professions Council, College of Paramedicine and the Royal College of General Practitioners, you can tailor your learning to boost your career. Our post registration programmes are supported by a suite of modules which can be completed as standalone CPD modules and study days, or towards credit for academic qualifications, providing you with the quality learning experience and the ability to keep up-to-date with new clinical practices. Much of our internationally recognised, multi-disciplinary faculty research feeds, shapes and informs our teaching; ensuring that we are providing cutting-edge courses to meet the current needs of the sector. Flexible study options and multiple start dates mean that new and established healthcare professionals can enhance their career development and build upon existing skills and experience, and deliver a high-quality service to their local community. If you have an enquiring mind, possess or have the potential to develop good analytical skills, and are concerned about the health and welfare of others, the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at De Montfort University can offer you exciting opportunities in career progression. 0116 257 7700 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grad Cert/PG Cert - Low Intensity Psychological Interventions
- Independent/Supplementary Prescribing (V300) Level 7
- Intermediate Dysphagia
- MA - Social Work
- MA/MSc - Master's by Research
- MA/PG Dip - Youth and Community Development Studies
- MA/PG Dip - Youth Work and Community Development
- MA/PG Dip - Youth Work, Health and Community Development
- MA/PG Dip/PG Cert - Education Practice
- MA/PG Dip/PG Cert - Health and Community Development Studies
- MRes/PG Dip/PG Cert - Master's in Research Applied Health Studies
- MSc - Physician Associate Studies
- MSc - Professional Clinical Practice
- MSc/PG Cert/PG Dip - Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- MSc/PG Dip - Nursing (Specialist District Nursing) with NMC Recordable SPQ
- MSc/PG Dip - Specialist Community Public Health Nursing
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Advanced Biomedical Science
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Clinical Leadership, Education and Research
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Clinical Pharmacy
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Global Health
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Health Psychology
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Medical Leadership, Education and Research
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Pharmaceutical Quality by Design
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Psychological Well-being
- MSc/PGDip/PGCert - Advanced Clinical Practice
- PG Cert - Independent Prescribing for Pharmacists
- PG Cert - Practice Nursing
In Technology we pride ourselves on the continuous improvement of the learning environment for our students, bringing the latest ideas and techniques to our courses via leading-edge research, modern, innovative facilities and ongoing collaboration with our commercial partner organisations.
Our excellent International standing is demonstrated across our courses and we offer full time, part time and distance learning study options for our postgraduate students. Our courses also provide you with the opportunity to enhance your employability by undertaking a work placement as part of your course.
DMU has a variety of courses available for you to start January or September. Please visit www.dmu.ac.uk/pgstudy
for full listings and details of the programmes we offer.
If you would like to find out more about DMU postgraduate study, join us at our postgraduate open days or online chats. Simply visit www.dmu.ac.uk/pgopendays for our open days dates.
- MA - Music, Technology and Innovation
- MSc - Aeronautical Engineering
- MSc - Cyber Technology
- MSc - Energy Engineering
- MSc - Engineering Management
- MSc - Textile Design, Technology and Innovation
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Business Intelligence Systems and Data Mining
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Computing
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Cyber Security
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Data Analytics
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Electronic Engineering
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Energy and Sustainable Development
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Energy and Sustainable Development
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Information Systems Management
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Intelligent Systems
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Intelligent Systems and Robotics
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Mechanical Engineering
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Mechatronics
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert - Software Engineering
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert- Professional Practice in Digital Forensics and Security