University of Salford
Master’s courses at the University of Salford
Once at the centre of Britain’s Industrial Revolution, the University of Salford is now at the heart of 21st century creativity and learning.
Our up-to-the-minute postgraduate courses combine the best of theory and practice to help equip you for the challenges of the working world. So whatever your future holds: high-flying business leader; paving the way in compassionate patient care; academic research excellence; or ground-breaking discoveries – you can feel safe knowing it’s in our hands.
Excellent research is at the heart of what we do. We are a research-driven institution using innovation and creativity to find solutions to real-world problems. Our multidisciplinary research environment is recognised around the world, attracting a strong community of international students to study at Salford.
We offer an extensive range of support for postgraduate students. Our postgraduate training programme will help you develop the skills you need for effective research, whether you’re planning a career in academia or the public or private sectors. Our online doctoral programme enables candidates who cannot commit to a full- or part-time degree, to complete their PhD with Salford.
We offer a wide range of taught and research master's courses across our academic schools. You’ll find industry-standard facilities and pioneering research initiatives across our vibrant campus, including: a world-class human performance laboratory; the world’s only fully climate-controlled Energy House; THINKlab; the School of the Built Environment’s state-of-the-art technology hub, and much more.
As well as visiting our campus during open days held throughout the year, you can also take a virtual tour. Explore the virtual tour now to learn more about our facilities and discover where you'll study, sleep and socialise as a postgraduate student at the University of Salford.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees and funding sources vary depending on the subject you want to study. You can find out more on our website.
If you decide to live on campus, you can choose from dedicated postgraduate flats in Peel Park Quarter or Eddie Coleman and John Lester Courts. You can also make arrangements to live in private accommodation. The largest student population in Europe lives in Manchester – so you won’t be short of places to rent.
Life in Salford
With Manchester on our doorstep and MediaCityUK just a stone’s throw away, The University of Salford is a great place to be a student. Manchester is one of the UK’s most cosmopolitan cities and boasts one of the largest student populations in Europe. Our campus is situated just minutes away from Manchester, so you are close to enjoying everything that this world-class city has to offer.
Find out more
Meet us at one of our open days to find out how our taught courses and research degrees can enhance your career. Our academic tutors will be on hand to discuss your needs, and you can also speak to our team about the application process, accommodation, employability, fees and funding, research support, student life and international visas.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
As a student at Salford Business School we’ll support you to gain the best academic and personal experience possible. We want you to graduate with more than a degree, so as a student here you’ll have access to a range of experiences and opportunities, including internships and work placements in the UK or internationally.
We’re fiercely proud of our alumni, who are making an impact on a local, national and international scale. We consider the relationship with our alumni to be for life. After graduation, we continue to support alumni with lifelong access to our careers and enterprise services, on-campus facilities, networking events and opportunities to volunteer. Many also come back as guest speakers, offer industry visits or provide work placements, to share their experiences with the next generation of students.
- Accounting and Finance - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Digital Business - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Digital Marketing - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Finance - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Financial Technology (FinTech) - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Graduate Certificate in International Management
- Human Resource Management and Development - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- International Business - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- International Business Law - LLM/PGDip/PGCert
- International Business with Law - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- International Events Management - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Management - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Managing Innovation and Information Technology - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Marketing - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Operations Management - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management - MSc/PGDipPGCert
- Project Management - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Risk and Security Management - Graduate Certificate
- Senior Leader (The Salford MBA) - Degree Apprenticeship
Our School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology is a leader in education and research in the creative disciplines.
Our impressive industry partnerships and state-of-the-art facilities enable us to deliver innovative and relevant programmes, preparing students to succeed in the creative industries.
The courses we offer provide a balance of academic rigour and industry exposure. At postgraduate level, courses range from art and design to English and creative writing, journalism, media, music and performing arts.
As a student in this school, you’ll based at our £55 million flagship New Adelphi building or our site at MediaCityUK.
New Adelphi houses open plan art and design studios, a high specification 350 seat theatre, industry-standard dance studios, music rehearsal and recording studios.
At MediaCityUK, we sit side-by-side with the likes of the BBC and ITV in a building that boasts industry-standard TV and radio studios, a digital performance lab, craft editing suites, a green screen studio and audio production suites.
- Contemporary Fine Art - MA
- Contemporary Performance Practice - MA
- Creative Technology - MA
- Creative Writing: Innovation and Experiment - MA
- Dance: Choreography and Professional Practices - MA
- Dance: Creative Dance Education - MA
- Dance: Performance and Professional Practices - MA
- Digital Curation - PGCert
- Digital Video Production and Marketing - MA
- Documentary Production for TV, Film and Digital Media - MA
- Drama Production for TV, Film and Digital Media - MA
- Editing and VFX for TV, Film and Digital Media - MA
- Fashion Design - MA
- Intelligence and Security Studies - MA/PGDip
- International Journalism for Digital Media - MA
- Journalism: News/Broadcast/Sport - MA/PGDip
- Literature and Culture - MA/PGDip
- Music - MA
- Production Management for TV, Film and Digital Media - MA
- Public Relations and Digital Communications - MA
- Screen Acting - MA
- Socially Engaged Arts Practice - MA
- Socially Engaged Photography - MA
- Visual Communication - MA
- Wildlife Documentary Production - MA
Our School of Health and Society is one of the largest trainers of nurses, midwives and allied health professionals in England, and also provides world class education in disciplines such as counselling, social work, sports science and psychology.
The school has close links with NHS trusts and bodies such as Health Education England, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA), local authorities and the voluntary sector.
The work of our researchers includes: ensuring the welfare of children and young people; providing access to housing and fair welfare systems; and transforming the health and social care sector.
- Advanced Clinical Practice - MSc
- Advanced Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies - MSc
- Advanced Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies (Supervision) - MSc
- Advanced Medical Imaging - MSc
- Advanced Physiotherapy - MSc
- Advanced Practice: Neonates - MSc
- Advancing Integrated Care (Leadership / Pracitioner) - MSc
- Applied Psychology: Addictions - MSc
- Applied Psychology: Therapies - MSc
- Applied Social Work Practice - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Clinical Exercise Physiology - MSc
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - PgCert
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Counselling and Psychotherapy (Professional Training) - MSc/PGDip
- Dental Implantology - MSc/PGDip
- Diabetes Care - MSc
- Family Group Conferences - PGCert
- Gastrointestinal Disorders - PGCert
- Health and Social Care - Professional Doctorate
- Leadership and Management for Health Care Practice - MSc/PGDip
- Media Psychology - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Midwifery - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Non-Medical Prescribing with Enhanced Clinical Skills - PgCert
- Non-Surgical Facial Aesthetics - PGCert
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging - MSc/PGDip
- Nursing - MSc
- Nursing (Adult) - MA
- Nursing (Block and Blend) - MSc
- Nursing (Children and Young People) - MA
- Nursing (Mental Health) - MA
- Occupational Therapy (Pre-registration) - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Performance Analysis in Sport - MSc
- Podiatry (pre-registration) - MSc
- Psychology of Coercive Control - MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Public Health - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Social Work - MA
- Specialist Practitioner - General Practice Nurse - PgDip
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation - MSc/PGDip/PDCert
- Strength and Conditioning - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Supervision in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Helping Relationships - PgCert
- Ultrasound Imaging - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
The School of Science, Engineering and Environment aims to transform quality of life and ensure the wellbeing of future generations through discovery and innovation. Through our expertise in energy efficiency and sustainability, scientific diagnostics, data science and security, dementia research, marine conservation, and robotics advancement, we are creating a better world for everyone.
With over 200 dedicated academic, technical and administrative members of staff, we offer a robust support system for our expanding suite of multidisciplinary programmes that span acoustics, architecture, biology, biomedicine, chemical sciences, computing, construction, engineering, environments (built and natural), geography, mathematics, physics, robotics, surveying and wildlife.
Through our collaborative industry-focused approach, we put our students at the heart of everything we do. Nurtured by our award-winning lecturers, world-class facilities and research-led teaching, we produce highly-employable graduates who are ready for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Acoustics - MSc/PGDip
- Advanced Control Systems - MSc/PGDip
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering Design - MSc/PGDip
- Aerospace Engineering - MSc/PGDip
- Architecture - MArch
- Audio Production - MSc/PGDip
- BIM and Digital Built Environments - MSc/PGDip
- Biomedical Science - MSc
- Biotechnology - MSc
- Building Surveying - MSc
- Construction Law and Practice - LLM
- Construction Law and Practice - MSc/PGDip
- Construction Management - MSc/PGDip
- Cyber Security, Threat Intelligence and Forensics - MSc/PGDip
- Data Science - MSc/PGDip
- Drug Design and Discovery - MSc
- Environmental Assessment and Management - MSc
- Health and Global Environment - MSc
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering - MSc/PGDip
- Project Management in Construction - MSc/PGDip
- Project Management in Construction (Delivered in Sri Lanka) - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Quantity Surveying - MSc/PGDip
- Quantity Surveying (Delivered in Sri Lanka) - MSc/PGDip
- Quantity Surveying: Mechanical & Electrical - MSc/PGDip
- Real Estate and Property Management - MSc/PGDip
- Robotics and Automation - MSc/PGDip
- Safety, Health and Environment - MSc
- Structural Engineering - MSc/PGDip
- Sustainability - MSc
- Sustainable Air Transport Operations and Planning - MSc
- Transport Engineering and Planning - MSc/PGDip
- Wildlife Conservation - MSc