University of Hull
Studying at Hull
We know that choosing where to pursue your postgraduate studies is a life-shaping decision. At the , we believe that we have the perfect combination of heritage and high technology, in an inspiring and nurturing academic community, to help you truly flourish.
Our help you stand out in your chosen area of expertise, deepening your understanding of your subject and enhancing your career opportunities.We offer tailored support such as our Graduate School facilities which are only available to those on postgraduate courses, and a Postgraduate Training Scheme which gives research students a chance to further enhance their skills.
And with links to organisations ranging from the NHS to renewable firms in the Humber estuary, the offers opportunities to develop your professional portfolio alongside your academic knowledge. Plus, our Careers and Employability Service can provide everything from networking opportunities to help starting up your own business. l
Hull offers a broad range of postgraduate courses, many of which are flexible around work, family or other existing commitments. We also provide a number of remote learning programmes via Hull Online, which can be taken from anywhere in the world, at any time.
Much of your time will be spent studying on our beautiful campus, where our £200m investment in facilities ranging from accommodation to sport, music and arts to ICT, is coming to fruition.
The recently redeveloped Brynmor Jones Library offers more than a million books, journals and periodicals as well as a wealth of digital resources. There’s a flexible mix of spaces for silent individual study as well as group learning rooms and open access PCs, plus a stylish café and even a public art gallery hosting major exhibitions.
Off campus, many of our postgraduates and older undergraduates live, shop and relax in the local neighbourhood. Just a few minutes’ walk from your lecture theatre you’ll find a vibrant ‘student quarter’, home to cafes, shops and bars with a thriving community feel.
And in the wider city, Hull is benefitting from the investment and spotlight of being the 2017 UK City of Culture. From the bustling bohemian Humber Street area with its modern art galleries and upmarket restaurants, to the cobbled Old Town with real ale pubs and historic buildings, it offers a great balance of city life in an affordable setting: a recent survey by student accommodation company Student.com found Hull was the cheapest city in the UK for student housing, with students spending 50% less on their rent than the national average*.
*2017 Global Student Accommodation Indicator - Student.com
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- MA Criminal Justice and Crime Control
- MA Education
- MA Education and Early Childhood
- MA Education, Inclusion and Special Needs
- MA English (Creative Writing and English Literature)
- MA History
- MA Incarceration Studies
- MA TESOL
- MMus Music (Musicology, Composition, Performance, Technology)
- MSc Clinical Applications of Psychology
- MSc Social Research
Hull University Business School develops your business expertise to meet the demands of a fast-changing and interconnected world. You will gain transferable skills that are valued by employers as well as up-to-date and focused subject knowledge.
And that's not all ... We offer our students a diverse and vibrant place to live, learn and work, with close to 3,000 students (around 700 at postgraduate level).
TOP 1% OF BUSINESS SCHOOLS WORLDWIDE
Independent accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS and the AACSB – the foremost global accreditation systems for business schools – marks our status as a leading UK business school. It also places us among the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
The Quality Assurance Agency has assessed our teaching and learning as excellent and, following the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, 85% of research returned by the school was said to be of an international standard, with over half of that judged to be ‘world-leading or internationally excellent’.
Further information on the school and its resources can be found at www.hull.ac.uk/hubs.
A TRULY GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE AND EXCELLENT CAREER PROSPECTS
The University of Hull is a centre of excellence in teaching and research and has a truly global perspective, enhanced by the school's cosmopolitan culture and a growing global community of 27,000 alumni.
We also have the reputation of being one of Britain’s friendliest universities.
You can gain further inspiration from the success of our high-profile graduates including Muhtar Kent, Chairman and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company and Jeremy Darroch, Chief Executive of BSkyB. 78% of postgraduates from the business school are employed or in full-time study within 6 months of graduation. They are working for organisations such as Deloitte, Barclaycard, KPMG, Hewlett Packard, Shell, IBM, WWF, Smith & Nephew and Boots PLC.
The Hull campus is in one of the most attractive and cosmopolitan parts of the city which stands at the gateway to Europe and offers:
• the recently developed £160 million St. Stephen’s retail and leisure complex
• an exciting mix of culture, shopping and nightlife
• one of the lowest costs-of-living in the UK
The business school is housed in four inspiring listed buildings which have been sympathetically renovated to accommodate:
• dedicated computer suites
• a 500-seat lecture theatre
• a fair-trade cafe
• a world-class Logistics Institute
Hull University Business School
Hull, HU6 7RX
T +44 (0)1482 463254
F +44 (0)1482 463370
- Hull Executive MBA
- LLM International Law (Conflict, Security and Human Rights)
- MA International Politics
- MA Strategy and International Security
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Advertising and Marketing
- MSc Business Management
- MSc Business Management (with internship)
- MSc Financial Management
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Marketing Management
- MA Social Work
- MSc Advanced Practice
- MSc Biomedical Sciences
- MSc Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
- MSc Clinical Anatomy
- MSc Clinical Anatomy and Education
- MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology
- MSc Health Professions Education
- MSc Human Anatomy and Evolution
- MSc Pharmacology and Drug Development
- MSc Physician Associate Studies
- PgCert Educator in Practice
- PgCert Practice Teacher
- PgDip Midwifery (Short programme)
- PgDip/PgCert Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Secondary Care)
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc Analytical and Forensic Chemistry
- MSc Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- MSc Biomedical Engineering
- MSc Chemical Engineering
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Computer Science (Security and Distributed Computing)
- MSc Computer Science for Games Development
- MSc Energy Engineering
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Environmental Change, Management and Monitoring
- MSc Flood Risk Management
- MSc in Offshore Wind Energy and the Environment
- MSc Mathematics
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Renewable Energy
- MSc/MRes Environmental Management (In Partnership with NEBOSH)
- MSc/MRes Occupational Health and Safety Management (In Partnership with NEBOSH)
- MSc/MRes Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management (In Partnership with NEBOSH)