University of Derby
Be the next game-changer at the University of Derby
Take your career to the next level, or in a new direction, with postgraduate study at the University of Derby. With expert teaching, research innovation and industry engagement underpinning your studies, you are set to receive a high-quality learning experience in which you can pursue your passion.
Derby is nestled in the heart of England and benefits from fantastic transport links, meaning popular UK cities such as Manchester, Birmingham and London are within easy reach. With East Midlands airport on the doorstep offering a gateway to exciting global destinations, our central position provides the perfect student base.
Our teaching team is made up of industry experts and active researchers who are at the forefront of their field. They are making an impact in our region and around the world by using their expertise and experience to drive innovation and positive changes. And you can be part of that story.
We are consistently recognised for our teaching excellence meaning you can be sure your learning is up to date and relevant to today’s world.
We are continuously investing in our facilities and will soon be adding a Biomedical Science Super Lab. A brand-new state-of-the-art Business School is also set to open near the city centre as a modern, zero carbon hub for students and start-up companies to learn, network and prosper.
Our main Derby campus at Kedleston Road features an outstanding Sports Centre, a four-storey library, a Multi-faith Centre and the Union of Students. You’ll also find lots of popular eateries including Starbucks and Subway. Through your studies, you’ll have unlimited access to the latest technology, industry-standard equipment and specialist research facilities.
At Derby, we believe in powering the next generation of thought leaders. This means that you don’t just gain the academic qualifications for a job, you acquire the skills, resilience, and experiences for a meaningful and impactful career.
Our career experts are there to guide, support and advise you, whether that be enhancing your CV or starting your own business, the University will be by your side every step of the way, making sure you’re on the path to success.
Our flexible study options allow you to study part-time or online, continuing your current carer while studying towards professional qualifications.
We are a problem-centric, solution-focused university with a strong philosophy around shaping tomorrow, today. Within this, we have one simple promise – to make a positive impact.
Our research is pushing boundaries, and we partner with local, regional and global organisations to help them combat some of the most prevalent challenges we face in society, such as climate change and zero carbon.
Our research centres and groups showcase the broad range of research areas that the University is involved in. Each centre and group is led by an experienced researcher who is committed to providing a stimulating and immersive learning environment. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow, evolve and thrive in our inclusive research community.
The University of Derby is an inspiring place to be where you’ll be stretched and challenged to reach your potential. But don’t just take our word for it – join us at one of our open events to discover more about our life-changing research and studying with us.
We’re known for our 5* events where you can meet and chat to our academic teams, understand more about postgraduate life and explore our state-of-the-art facilities.
We're really looking forward to welcoming you to our next event. There’s no better way to find out whether the University of Derby is right for you.
Register your interest with University of Derby
The university will respond to you directly. You will have a FindAMasters account to view your sent enquiries and receive email alerts with new Masters opportunities and guidance to help you choose the right programme.
It looks like you alredy have a FindAMasters Account
Log in to save time sending your enquiry and view previously sent enquiries
The information you submit to University of Derby will only be used by them or their data partners to deal with your enquiry, according to their privacy notice. For more information on how we use and store your data, please read our privacy statement.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- Applied Theatre and Education (MA)
- Arts (MA)
- Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Careers Education and Coaching (MA)
- Creative Writing (MA)
- Dance and Choreography (MA)
- Design (MA/MDes)
- Education: Early Years (MA)
- Education: Full time (MA)
- Education: Leadership and Management (MA)
- Education: Part time (MA)
- Education: Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (MA)
- Education: Teaching English To Speakers of Other Languages: TESOL (MA)
- Education: Workplace Contract (MA)
- English (MA)
- Film and Screen Production (MA)
- Global Affairs and Politics (MA)
- History (MA)
- Music Production (MA)
- National Award for SEN Co-ordination: Leading Effective, Inclusive Practice in SEN (PGCert)
- Post 14 Education and Training (PGCE)
- Primary (School Direct) with Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE)
- Primary with Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE)
- Public History and Heritage (MA)
- Publishing (MA)
- Secondary (School Direct) with Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE)
- Social Sciences and Humanities - MRes
College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Whether you’re starting out, resuming study or looking to take your career to the next level, the College of Business, Law and Social Sciences offers courses that are vibrant, engaging and innovative, and you’ll be developing your professional skills from day one.
We’re renowned for the outstanding quality of our teaching and internationally recognised research community, we offer industry-relevant postgraduate qualifications, first-rate facilities and flexible access to any support and guidance you need. We match your commitment to postgraduate study with our energy and enthusiasm to give you a clear strategy for achieving your professional goals.
The College of Business, Law and Social Sciences aims to provide you with unrivalled opportunities - from guest lectures, events and projects to internships and mentor support. The way we teach is innovative and engaging, allowing you the opportunity to develop the skills and attributes you’ll need for a successful career.
Study with us and we’ll help develop you professionally and personally. You can follow a taught course or bring even more benefit to the professional world by breaking new ground through research.
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Criminal Investigation (MSc)
- Criminal Justice and Criminology (MSc)
- Doctorate in Business Administration - DBA
- Financial Investigation and Digital Intelligence (MSc)
- Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (MSc)
- Human Resource Management CIPD Accredited (PGDip)
- Intelligence, Security and Disaster Management (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- International Business and Finance (MSc)
- International Business and HRM (MSc)
- International Business and Marketing (MSc)
- International Hospitality Management (MSc)
- Law LLM (including specialist pathways)
- LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC)
- Marketing Management (MSc)
- MBA Global (online)
- MSc Management
- Social Sciences and Humanities (MRes)
- Tourism Management (MSc)
Making a real difference to health in our region
If you want to make a difference to the lives of others, our College of Health, Psychology and Social Care offers a great student experience, alongside research excellence, and experienced staff. We’ll work with you to prepare you for your future career and ensure you are fully prepared to work effectively as a professional with health, psychology and social care.
We have strong links with the NHS, meaning we keep our finger on the pulse of what is relevant within the healthcare professions. Many of our courses are accredited or approved by professional bodies. This means they are mapped against sector standards ensuring your education is relevant and up to date and you are highly employable.
We offer a wide range of flexible postgraduate courses within our Schools:
School of Allied Health and Social Care
Allied health professionals play a vital role in the healthcare industry. As the third largest workforce in the NHS, skilled graduates are very much in demand.
School of Nursing and Professional Practice
We develop the skills needed for the NHS. Because of our experience and reputation in the East Midlands, you will benefit from the relationships we have built up with local NHS Trusts and Private and independent providers of care.
School of Psychology
Our Psychology courses are designed to be challenging, stimulating and relevant to the needs to today’s society. You’ll learn techniques that enable people to enjoy healthy lifestyles and facilitate their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
We boast some of the best facilities in the country, including a Clinical Skills Suite, Immersive Simulation Room, Diagnostic Imaging suite, Counselling suites, Occupational Therapy kitchen and a community care living space.
Our supportive and extremely committed teaching team is made up of highly skilled practitioners from a range of backgrounds. Not only do they teach but many are still involved in care, undertaking a wide range of evaluation and consultancy work at a local, regional and national level in their field; meaning you’re benefitting from the latest developments and innovations in your practice area. Many of our academics are active researchers and their work underpins our courses, which means you’ll be kept in touch with the very latest theories and what’s new in your subject.
We promote independent research through the support of our Research Centres and Groups:
- Health and Social Care Research Centre
- Nature Connectedness Research Group
Our forward-thinking research team adopts broad interdisciplinary approaches which are both distinctive and effective. Our Centres provide exciting opportunities for students to contribute to make a difference and help organisations solve real world problems and build heathy, sustainable communities.
- Advanced Clinical Practice (MSc)
- Art Therapy (MA)
- Behaviour Change (incorporating PG Dip/PG Cert) (MSc)
- Bone Densitometry Reporting (PGCert)
- Clinical Exercise Science (MSc)
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy: Adult or Children and Young people (MSc)
- Community Specialist Practice: District Nursing (MSc)
- Dance Movement Psychotherapy (MA)
- Diagnostic Radiography: Pre-Registration (MSc)
- Dramatherapy (MA)
- DXA Reporting for Clinicians
- Forensic Psychology (MSc)
- Hand Therapy (MSc incorporating PG Cert/PGDip)
- Image Reporting (PGCert)
- Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (MSc incorporating PGCert/PGDip)
- Leadership for Healthcare Improvement (PGCert)
- Leadership in Health and Social Care MSc
- Management of Long Term Conditions (PGCert)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Medical Ultrasound (MSc)
- Music Therapy (MA)
- Nursing: (Adult) with NMC Registration (MSc)
- Nursing: Mental Health with NMC Registration (MSc)
- Occupational Therapy: Pre-registration (MSc)
- Osteoporosis and Falls Management (PGCert)
- Practice Certificate in Non-Medical Prescribing for Nurses and Midwives (V300)
- Practice Certificate in Non-Medical Prescribing for Pharmacists
- Psychology (MRes)
- Social Work (MA)
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing MSc (Health Visiting or Occupational Health Nursing or School Nursing)
We are the home of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths: the STEM skills that are essential to the UK’s Industrial Strategy and many global initiatives. From digitisation to decarbonisation, we have an important role to play in shaping the future. And by studying with us, you can too.
Our courses are specially designed to fuel the minds of the passionately curious. We are a University where you will be intellectually challenged and encouraged to create new knowledge in your field. With a strong emphasis on applying theory to practice, we encourage you to learn through real-world experiences. All of our course content is industry relevant and aligned to the priorities of global initiatives as well as being informed by research and the latest thinking.
- Applied Acoustics (MSc)
- Applied Sport and Exercise Science (MSc)
- Audio Engineering (MSc)
- Big Data Analytics (MSc)
- Biomedical Health (MSc)
- Building Information Modelling and Project Collaboration (MSc)
- Civil Engineering and Construction Management (MSc)
- Conservation Biology (MSc)
- Control and Instrumentation (MSc)
- Cyber Security (MSc)
- Environmental Assessment and Control (MSc)
- Forensic Science (MSc)
- GeoEnergy (MSc incorporating PGCert/PGDip )
- Health Psychology (online) (MSc)
- Information Technology (MSc)
- Institute of Acoustics Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement
- Institute of Acoustics Certificate of Competence in Workplace Noise Assessment
- Institute of Acoustics Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control PGDip
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering MSc
- Molecular Medicine (MRes)
- Strategic Engineering Management (MSc)
- Sustainable Architecture and Healthy Buildings (MSc)