Do you want hassle-free Masters information and advice?
Get funding news and application tips
Receive course updates in your subject
Weekly blog with advice and student stories
Hear about upcoming virtual events
At the University of Derby, your future is our focus. With expert academics bringing a wealth of industry experience, continuous investment in cutting-edge facilities and research, and fantastic support for our students, we are ranked in the top 10 for postgraduate student experience in the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2018. Whether you are progressing from undergraduate study, want to change or develop your career, or simply study the subject you love in more depth, we offer a wide range of courses and study methods.
Our research has a strong foundation, with 74% of our research submitted to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) considered internationally significant.
To build on this, we are investing in a new generation of research centres that will enable us to address the challenges facing industry, business, the public sector and wider society. Research informs our teaching, encourages enterprise and supports businesses, local authorities and other bodies, while building our reputation, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Our teaching staff can offer you the perfect combination of academic excellence and industry experience. Across our postgraduate courses, you will find lecturers who still practise in their chosen field and who are active and respected researchers. You can be sure that you are receiving teaching that is up to date and relevant to today's job market.
Getting you career ready
Our links with industry, professional qualifications and career support will help you succeed, whatever your goals.
Whether you want to top up your professional qualifications, change your career or develop a more detailed and in-depth knowledge of the subject you love, we have a flexible range of study options across many disciplines.
Our vocational online distance learning courses are particularly suited to busy, working professionals.
So if you need a university degree or professional qualification to progress in your chosen career, but don’t want to commit to full-time or on-campus study, we’re ready to help you achieve your goals.
Study a postgraduate qualification at Derby this September. Whether you want to top up your professional qualifications, change your career or develop a more detailed and in-depth knowledge of the subject you love, we have flexible study options to suit you across many disciplines.
Come and join us at one of our informal Postgraduate and Professional Open Events to find out if studying at Derby is right for you.
These flexible drop-in sessions take place at our Kedleston Road site in Derby, conveniently located within easy reach of the city centre and major roads. Call in at any time to suit you for a chat with our academic advisers and explore the study options available, including full-time, part-time, on-campus, online, research, masters, PGCE and continuing professional development.
Fees & funding
Start dates & study options
College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Whether you’re starting out, resuming study or looking to take your career to the next level, the College of Business, Law and Social Sciences offers courses that are vibrant, engaging and innovative, and you’ll be developing your professional skills from day one.
We’re renowned for the outstanding quality of our teaching and internationally recognised research community, we offer industry-relevant postgraduate qualifications, first-rate facilities and flexible access to any support and guidance you need. We match your commitment to postgraduate study with our energy and enthusiasm to give you a clear strategy for achieving your professional goals.
The College of Business, Law and Social Sciences aims to provide you with unrivalled opportunities - from guest lectures, events and projects to internships and mentor support. The way we teach is innovative and engaging, allowing you the opportunity to develop the skills and attributes you’ll need for a successful career.
Study with us and we’ll help develop you professionally and personally. You can follow a taught course or bring even more benefit to the professional world by breaking new ground through research.
Making a real difference to health in our region
Our College of Health and Social Care offers a great student experience, alongside research excellence, flexible study, and experienced staff. We also boast some of the best facilities in the country.
Our endorsement by organisations demonstrates confidence amongst the sector in the education we offer, and the strong links we enjoy with the NHS and a wide range of statutory and voluntary agencies mean we keep our finger on the pulse of what is relevant within the healthcare professions.
We work with you to prepare you for the next step in your career and make sure you are fully prepared to work effectively as a professional within the health and social care workforce.
• We specialise in Diagnostic Imaging, Pre-Qualification Health Care, Post-Registration Health Care, Social and Community Studies, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Therapeutic Arts.
• Our supportive and highly committed teaching team is made up of highly skilled practitioners from a range of backgrounds. Not only do they teach but they are still involved in care, undertaking a wide range of evaluation, research and consultancy work at a local, regional and national level in their field; which means you are benefitting from the latest developments and innovations in your practice area.
• Many of our courses are accredited or approved by professional bodies. This means they are mapped against sector standards ensuring your education is relevant and up to date and you are highly employable.
• We have great employment rates - 96% of our graduates are in work or further study
• Our training facilities are exceptional. We boast some of the best resources you'll find in any university - a Clinical Skills Suite, Immersive Simulation Room, Diagnostic Imaging suite, Counselling suites, creative therapy studios and a community care living space.
• Because of our experience and reputation in the East Midlands, you will benefit from the relationships we have built up with local NHS Trusts and Private and independent providers of care, as well as social care organisations through placements, work experience, voluntary work and guest lectures.