University of Derby
Transform your future at the University of Derby
Whether you want to step up the career ladder, change paths or pursue your passion for a subject you love, you can transform your world with postgraduate study at the University of Derby.
Located in the heart of England, Derby has great transport links with the rest of the UK. This central position means that the city has a long-standing reputation for innovation and industry. We have strong connections with a range of regional employers to support your studies through applied learning, guest lectures and other opportunities.
Our teaching team bring a wealth of industry expertise to your studies – many are still working in their chosen profession. Many are also actively engaged in research, working towards new discoveries in areas as diverse as health and wellbeing, criminology, education, and the arts and creative industries. Their research will inspire and inform your studies and create opportunities for you to contribute.
Our bright, modern campus consists of several specialist teaching sites, including our vibrant hub at Kedleston Road. This is also home to our Sports Centre, main Library and social spaces. Wherever you are based for your studies, you will find the latest technology and industry-standard equipment at your fingertips.
Our flexible study options mean that you can choose to study part-time or online, continuing in your career while working towards professional qualifications. And there’s a range of career support and advice for you, including CV workshops, an employer mentoring scheme, networking and other events, and guidance on starting your own business.
We have a vibrant research community with over 330 doctoral students, and more than 250 research-active staff. We organise regular events and opportunities for networking and development to support you on your research journey.
Join us at one of our Open Events to find out more about postgraduate study at Derby. Talk to our teaching team, explore our campus and meet our specialist support teams. We look forward to welcoming you.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- Applied Theatre and Education (MA)
- Arts (MA)
- Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Careers Education and Coaching (MA)
- Creative Writing (MA)
- Dance and Choreography (MA)
- Design (MA/MDes)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Education: Early Years (MA)
- Education: Full time (MA)
- Education: Leadership and Management (MA)
- Education: Part time (MA)
- Education: Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (MA)
- Education: Teaching English To Speakers of Other Languages: TESOL (MA)
- Education: Workplace Contract (MA)
- English (MA)
- Film and Screen Production (MA)
- Global Affairs and Politics (MA)
- History (MA)
- Music Production (MA)
- National Award for SEN Co-ordination: Leading Effective, Inclusive Practice in SEN (PGCert)
- Post 14 Education and Training (PGCE)
- Primary (School Direct) with Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE)
- Primary with Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE)
- Public History and Heritage (MA)
- Public History and Heritage (MA) (online)
- Publishing (MA)
- Secondary (School Direct) with Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE)
- Social Sciences and Humanities - MRes
College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Whether you’re starting out, resuming study or looking to take your career to the next level, the College of Business, Law and Social Sciences offers courses that are vibrant, engaging and innovative, and you’ll be developing your professional skills from day one.
We’re renowned for the outstanding quality of our teaching and internationally recognised research community, we offer industry-relevant postgraduate qualifications, first-rate facilities and flexible access to any support and guidance you need. We match your commitment to postgraduate study with our energy and enthusiasm to give you a clear strategy for achieving your professional goals.
The College of Business, Law and Social Sciences aims to provide you with unrivalled opportunities - from guest lectures, events and projects to internships and mentor support. The way we teach is innovative and engaging, allowing you the opportunity to develop the skills and attributes you’ll need for a successful career.
Study with us and we’ll help develop you professionally and personally. You can follow a taught course or bring even more benefit to the professional world by breaking new ground through research.
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Criminal Investigation (MSc)
- Criminal Justice and Criminology (MSc)
- Doctorate in Business Administration - DBA
- Financial Investigation and Digital Intelligence (MSc)
- Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (MSc)
- Human Resource Management (Top up) (MSc)
- Human Resource Management CIPD Accredited (PGDip)
- Intelligence, Security and Disaster Management (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- International Business and Finance (MSc)
- International Business and HRM (MSc)
- International Business and Marketing (MSc)
- International Hospitality Management (MSc)
- Law LLM (including specialist pathways)
- LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC)
- Marketing Management (MSc)
- MBA Global (online)
- MSc Management
- Social Sciences and Humanities (MRes)
- Tourism Management (MSc)
Making a real difference to health in our region
If you want to make a difference to the lives of others, our College of Health, Psychology and Social Care offers a great student experience, alongside research excellence, and experienced staff. We’ll work with you to prepare you for your future career and ensure you are fully prepared to work effectively as a professional with health, psychology and social care.
We have strong links with the NHS, meaning we keep our finger on the pulse of what is relevant within the healthcare professions. Many of our courses are accredited or approved by professional bodies. This means they are mapped against sector standards ensuring your education is relevant and up to date and you are highly employable.
We offer a wide range of flexible postgraduate courses within our Schools:
School of Allied Health and Social Care
Allied health professionals play a vital role in the healthcare industry. As the third largest workforce in the NHS, skilled graduates are very much in demand.
School of Nursing and Professional Practice
We develop the skills needed for the NHS. Because of our experience and reputation in the East Midlands, you will benefit from the relationships we have built up with local NHS Trusts and Private and independent providers of care.
School of Psychology
Our Psychology courses are designed to be challenging, stimulating and relevant to the needs to today’s society. You’ll learn techniques that enable people to enjoy healthy lifestyles and facilitate their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
We boast some of the best facilities in the country, including a Clinical Skills Suite, Immersive Simulation Room, Diagnostic Imaging suite, Counselling suites, Occupational Therapy kitchen and a community care living space.
Our supportive and extremely committed teaching team is made up of highly skilled practitioners from a range of backgrounds. Not only do they teach but many are still involved in care, undertaking a wide range of evaluation and consultancy work at a local, regional and national level in their field; meaning you’re benefitting from the latest developments and innovations in your practice area. Many of our academics are active researchers and their work underpins our courses, which means you’ll be kept in touch with the very latest theories and what’s new in your subject.
We promote independent research through the support of our Research Centres and Groups:
- Health and Social Care Research Centre
- Nature Connectedness Research Group
Our forward-thinking research team adopts broad interdisciplinary approaches which are both distinctive and effective. Our Centres provide exciting opportunities for students to contribute to make a difference and help organisations solve real world problems and build heathy, sustainable communities.
- Advanced Clinical Practice (MSc)
- Advanced Occupational Therapy or MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy (Community) (MSc)
- Art Therapy (MA)
- Behaviour Change (incorporating PG Dip/PG Cert) (MSc)
- Bone Densitometry Reporting (PGCert)
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy: Adult or Children and Young people (MSc)
- Community Specialist Practice: District Nursing (MSc)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (PGCert)
- Dance Movement Psychotherapy (MA)
- Diagnostic Radiography: Pre-Registration (MSc)
- Dramatherapy (MA)
- DXA Reporting for Clinicians
- Forensic Psychology (MSc)
- Hand Therapy (MSc incorporating PG Cert/PGDip)
- Image Reporting (PGCert)
- Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (MSc incorporating PGCert/PGDip)
- Interprofessional Practice Education (PGCert)
- Leadership for Healthcare Improvement (PGCert)
- Leadership in Health and Social Care MSc
- Management of Long Term Conditions (PGCert)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Medical Ultrasound (MSc)
- Music Therapy (MA)
- Nursing (Children's) with NMC Registration MSc
- Nursing (Learning Disabilities) MSc
- Nursing: (Adult) with NMC Registration (MSc)
- Nursing: Mental Health with NMC Registration (MSc)
- Occupational Therapy: Pre-registration (MSc)
- Osteoporosis and Falls Management (PGCert)
- Practice Certificate in Non-Medical Prescribing for Nurses and Midwives (V300)
- Practice Certificate in Non-Medical Prescribing for Pharmacists
- Psychology (MRes)
- Return to Practice (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Returnee to Practice (Occupational Therapy)
- Social Work (MA)
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing MSc (Health Visiting or Occupational Health Nursing or School Nursing)
We are the home of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths: the STEM skills that are essential to the UK’s Industrial Strategy and many global initiatives. From digitisation to decarbonisation, we have an important role to play in shaping the future. And by studying with us, you can too.
Our courses are specially designed to fuel the minds of the passionately curious. We are a University where you will be intellectually challenged and encouraged to create new knowledge in your field. With a strong emphasis on applying theory to practice, we encourage you to learn through real-world experiences. All of our course content is industry relevant and aligned to the priorities of global initiatives as well as being informed by research and the latest thinking.
- Applied Acoustics (MSc)
- Applied Sport and Exercise Science (MSc)
- Audio Engineering (MSc)
- Big Data Analytics (MSc)
- Biomedical Health (MSc)
- Building Information Modelling and Project Collaboration (MSc)
- Civil Engineering and Construction Management (MSc)
- Conservation Biology (MSc)
- Control and Instrumentation (MSc)
- Cyber Security (MSc)
- Environmental Assessment and Control (MSc)
- Forensic Science (MSc)
- GeoEnergy (MSc incorporating PGCert/PGDip )
- Health Psychology (online) (MSc)
- Information Technology (MSc)
- Institute of Acoustics Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement
- Institute of Acoustics Certificate of Competence in Workplace Noise Assessment
- Institute of Acoustics Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control PGDip
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering MSc
- Molecular Medicine (MRes)
- Strategic Engineering Management (MSc)
- Sustainable Architecture and Healthy Buildings (MSc)