Chester, United Kingdom
University of Chester
Founded in 1839, the University of Chester is a 21st century institution that is still guided by the principles that founded it. Through the work of our academic staff and collaborators, the University has been assessed as having more than half of our submitted research as world leading or internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework, 2021), and was voted in the top ten nationally for Postgraduate Study (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2022).
At Chester, we open doors for students whilst studying with us, and beyond. We have created a culture of opportunity and self-development, where our students can grow their personal, academic and career aspirations in an inclusive environment.
The University of Chester is one of only two higher education institutions in the North West to have been awarded the Navajo Merseyside and Cheshire LGBTIQA Charter Mark, recognising our dedication to supporting LGBT+ colleagues and students across all sites.
The University is proud to welcome communities from all over the world, and also provides postgraduate provision to selected partners around the globe.
In addition to providing advice and guidance, our Careers and Employability service has established links with local and national employers, as well as professional bodies. It organises fairs, workshops, talks and events, including The Venture Programme, and paid work may be available on site with UniJob, our friendly recruitment service.
You can meet Career Consultants, access careers skills training and career planning, CV assessments, employability training sessions and mock interviews.
You can also take part in the Chester Difference Award (CDA) to help you stand out from the crowd when applying for graduate jobs.
Course and lecturers
Postgraduate study may be something you are considering alongside work, family or other commitments, which is why the University of Chester provides flexible and professional courses tailored towards students’ needs. In addition to flexible study options for taught postgraduate and research degrees, the University also has Work Based and Integrative Studies (WBIS), Continuing Professional Development (CPD), Accreditation for Prior Learning (APCL/APEL) and single module study options.
Lecturers are committed to providing students with an academically stimulating, well-supported and inspiring learning community. Research-led teaching and in-depth subject expertise within faculties encourage students to develop their knowledge base within a specialist area, through lectures, seminars, projects and group work.
You’ll have access to our modern IT and library services, which are available across our learning sites. They have additional features such as bookable study spaces and learning pods, laptop loans, late opening times and 24-hour access computer labs available at some of our larger libraries.
We have a dedicated Student Support and Wellbeing team providing a wide range of support services, and offering information, advice and guidance.
We also have an extensive range of indoor and outdoor sports and leisure facilities available for both competitive and recreational sports – visit Sport and Active Lifestyle to find out more.
Visit Postgraduate Finance for up-to-date information on fees, funding, loans, NHS Grants, payment options, tuition fees and scholarships for international students, and to find out about other financial help on offer.
If you’re a University of Chester graduate, you may be eligible for a discount in tuition fees through our Graduate Loyalty Discount.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- Accounting MSc
- Banking and Finance MSc
- Digital Marketing MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Professional Studies (DProf) - Negotiated Management Specialism
- Engineering Management MSc
- Health Services Management MSc
- International Business MSc
- International Finance MSc
- Management MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Marketing Management MSc
- Master of Business Administration MBA
- Work Based and Integrative Studies (WBIS) MA / MSc / MBA
- MRes - Clinical Sciences and Nutrition
- MSc - Food Science and Innovation
- MSc/ PGDip - Nutrition and Dietetics
- MSc/ PGDip/ PGCert - Cardiovascular Health and Rehabilitation
- MSc/ PGDip/ PGCert - Exercise and Nutrition Science
- MSc/ PGDip/ PGCert - Human Nutrition
- MSc/ PGDip/ PGCert - Obesity and Weight Management
- MSc/ PGDip/ PGCert - Public Health Nutrition
- Doctor of Education EdD
- MA / PgDip / PgCert - Dyscalculia Research and Practice
- MA / PgDip / PgCert - Dyslexia Research and Practice
- MA / PgDip / PgCert - Early Childhood
- MA / PgDip / PgCert - Education in Society
- MA / PgDip / PgCert - Educational Leadership (Chester)
- MA / PgDip / PgCert - Educational Leadership (Shrewsbury)
- MA / PgDip / PgCert - Special Educational Needs and Disability
- MA, PGDip, PGCert - Autism Spectrum Condition
- PGCE - Primary (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Primary/Early Years (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Art and Design (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Biology (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Chemistry (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Computer Science (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Design and Technology (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Drama (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary English (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Geography (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary History (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Mathematics (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Modern Languages (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Music (11-16) (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Physical Education (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Physics (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCE - Secondary Religious Education (including School Direct) with QTS
- PGCert - Attachment, Trauma and Mental Health (Children, Young People and Adults)
- PGCert - Coaching and Mentoring
- PGCert - National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (NASENCo) (Chester)
- PGCert - National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (NASENCo) (Shrewsbury)
- PGCert Conservation and Sustainability Education
- Doctor of Professional Studies (DProf) in Health and Social Care
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
- MA - Art Therapy
- MA/ PGDip - Social Work (Warrington)
- MPH - Master of Public Health
- MSc - Advanced Clinical Practice
- MSc - Endodontology
- MSc - Pre-registration Adult Nursing
- MSc - Pre-registration Mental Health Nursing
- MSc/ PGDip - Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN)
- MSc/ PGDip - Specialist Practice Community
- PGCert - Applied Mental Health Practice
- MB ChB Graduate Entry Medicine
- MRes - Medical Science (Chester or Shrewsbury)
- MSc - Cardiovascular Disease
- MSc - Diabetes
- MSc - Haematology
- MSc - Infection and Immunity
- MSc - Medical Genetics
- MSc - Oncology
- MSc - Orthopaedics
- MSc - Physician Associate Studies
- MSc - Psychiatry (International Training Fellowship)
- MSc - Psychiatry (UK home student route)
- MSc - Respiratory Medicine
- MSc/ PGDip/ PGCert - Exercise Medicine (Shrewsbury)