The University of Buckingham
We offer a wide range of master’s degrees, including MSc, MA, MBA and LLM programmes. Taught programmes have a similar amount of contact (teaching) time as an undergraduate degree. They are made up of a range of modules that are delivered through lectures, seminars and tutorials, and will enable you to develop a higher level of expertise.
We also offer a range of postgraduate research degrees which are based around independent learning, working one-on-one with a supervisor and are more specialised.
Our postgraduate courses are open to all graduates with an undergraduate degree or, in some cases, an equivalent level of work experience.
With close to 100 postgraduate courses on offer, it’s easy to select a degree that meets your needs.
“Buckingham helped me to achieve my education goal through support, encouragement and inspiration.”
– Samantha, Computing student.
We have been awarded Gold status in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) achieving ‘double positive’ ratings in all six categories.
We are delighted to have been ranked 1st for Student Satisfaction by The Complete University Guide for the last years in a row. We are also ranked in the top 4 of all English universities for Student-Staff ratio by The Times and The Sunday Times in the Good University Guide, 2019.
Employability and Career Progression
We pride ourselves on the fact that all of our degree programmes support students with developing the professional skills they need to progress into employment. Critical thinking, data analysis, report-writing, communication skills and decision making, are all crucial skills for any job role. We support our students to cultivate these transferable skills and be able to apply them to the industry they wish to work in.
Fees and Financial Support
Tuition fees cover the cost of studying with us. They vary by course and by whether you are a UK or international student. You can find the individual course fees on our course listings.
We offer a number of scholarships to assist postgraduate students with their tuition fees and the cost of studying.
- Postgraduate First-Class Scholarship: 33% discount for graduates with a first-class honours degree recognised to UK standard*.
- Ondaatje Scholarship: scholarships of up to £4,000 each for overseas graduates studying a postgraduate programme at the University of Buckingham.
- GREAT Scholarships: in partnership with the British Council, we are offering two scholarships worth £10,000 each to students from China, applying for postgraduate courses with us in Business, Computing, Humanities or Law.
*Discounts do not apply to all postgraduate courses; check eligibility criteria carefully.
“The University of Buckingham saw me deserving of a chance to heal myself and the world just by awarding me a scholarship.”
– Malebogo, currently studying an MA in United Nations Studies.
- Find your course: explore our programmes
- Check the entry requirements: view the entry requirements detailed on the course listing
- Discover Buckingham: take a look around via our virtual campus tour.
- Apply online: when you’re ready, you can apply to us directly via our website. We have two main entry points per year in January and September, but for many of our postgraduate programmes, we also take on new students in April and July. Choose which bests suit you.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
Here at Buckingham Business School, we always put our students first. Our degrees are tailored to give students a global, ‘real world’ perspective and are highly regarded throughout the world. We place a high emphasis on innovation in course design and believe strongly in stimulating an entrepreneurial mindset.
We are constantly striving to provide the best possible education and experience for our students and to give you the best start in your business career. We pride ourselves in the personalised and small group teaching approach so you won’t get lost in a crowd. At the Buckingham Business School, you are a person, not a number.
- MBA Masters of Business Administration
- MSc Finance and Investment
- MSc in Accounting and Finance
- MSc Lean Leadership
- MSc Management in a Digital Service Economy
- MSc Strategic Marketing & Customer Experience Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Lean Leadership
- Professional Doctorate in Operational Excellence
How do we assess security threat in the early 21st century? How effective is our intelligence machinery in working to combat the threat, and how should this be balanced with other preventative measures? How do governments balance security and intelligence policy and activity with the successful and legitimate delivery of national security?
These are the questions that BUCSIS explores and debates, drawing on a wealth of academic and policy experience.
BUCSIS offers home and international students an innovative programme in intelligence and security studies, which has a strong practice-oriented content prioritizing the development of strong analytical skills and a knowledge base to international levels of excellence
Like the rest of the University, Buckingham Law School prides itself on two key features, Student Satisfaction and Employability.
Despite the School being under 40 years old, our alumni have already occupied a remarkable range of posts from local solicitors, barristers and business owner/managers to Judges, Attorneys-General, Ministers of Justice and of Human Rights and even a Head of a Civil Service around the world.
The School of Postgraduate Medicine and Allied Health will be a hub for professional healthcare and medicine courses which will include Podiatric Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, CPD health courses and a range of Postgraduate Medicine programmes which include Masters in Medicine and in Surgery.
In the current competitive IT job market, in-depth knowledge in specialised areas of computing is increasingly in demand. Our taught Undergraduate and Master’s degree programmes are designed to answer this market need. Our aim is to provide teaching, learning, research and scholarship in the fields of computer science and information systems within a friendly and informal environment. Our professional academic staff are academically and practically well experienced in teaching the concepts of the main aspects of computer science. They work very hard to reflect the new technologies and updates across all taught courses.
Back in 2002 Professor Sir Chris Woodhead and Professor Anthony O’Hear led the first education course to be offered by the School of Education at the University of Buckingham. There were just 12 teachers. In 2014 over 400 trainee teachers are participating in our PGCE courses. We are now the leading provider of teacher training for the independent school sector and, as our reputation grows, we are attracting more teachers from state schools in the UK and schools across the world. In 2008 the department started a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership created by Peter Ireland, who was for many years Headmaster of the highly successful Nelson Thomlinson School in Cumbria. The MEd attracts nearly one hundred participants each year and is considered as the independent sector’s premier leadership course for aspirant and current school leaders. In 2013, recognising the fundamental importance of the contribution made by Heads of Department and Subject Co-ordinators, we began the Certificate in Middle Leadership. This course, like the MEd, is focused upon the practical application of educational theory. As one of our inaugural cohorts said, “It is a bespoke course which wrapped itself around me and my professional challenges – it is unique!” The principles which inform each of these courses are the same and can be read in full at https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Intro-to-School-of-Education.pdf. Essentially, we wish to cut through unnecessary bureaucracy and the rhetoric of educational debate and inspire school teachers and leaders to think about the fundamentals of education, and put them into practice.
- Assessment Only (AO) Route to Qualified Teacher Status – Primary and Secondary
- Independent PGCE
- MA in Education
- MA in Education - Leading Sport in Schools
- MA in Education (Evidence Based Practice)
- MA in Residential Education
- MA Inclusive Educational Leadership
- MEd Educational Leadership & Management
- Online MA in Education (Teaching and Learning)
- PGCE for International Trainees
- Prep PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status
- Primary PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status
- Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Conversion Course – Primary
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Conversion Course – Secondary
- Secondary PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status
- The National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO)
The School of Humanities has the largest number of students of all the schools at Buckingham, and spreads across the widest range of subjects: from Economics to English Literature, Military History to Philosophy; Security Studies to Decorative Arts. If you have ever considered studying an intellectually-challenging richly humanistic subject, with small group teaching and tutorials, students from around 90 countries, and flexible study options, then Buckingham may be the perfect choice.
- MA 20th-Century British History by Research
- MA Biography
- MA by Research/Professional Practice in Digital News and Media
- MA Country House Studies by Research
- MA Decorative Arts and Historic Interiors
- MA Dickens Studies by Research
- MA English Literature by Research
- MA History of Art: Renaissance to Modernism by Research
- MA in Biography by Research
- MA in War Studies and Contemporary Military History for Staff Colleges Graduates
- MA Leadership in Sport
- MA Military History by Research
- MA Modern War Studies and Contemporary Military History by Research
- MA Philosophy by Research
- MA Political Economy by Research
- MA The Art Market and History of Collecting by Research
- MA Tudor and Stuart History by Research
- MA United Nations and Diplomatic Studies
- MSc in Money, Banking and Wealth Management
- MSc Money, Banking and Central Banking
- PGCert Money, Banking and Central Banking
- Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership in Sport
- Professional Doctorate in Public Policy and Political Economy
The School of Psychology at the University of Buckingham is highly research active, and during 2016 we have consolidated our research projects and interests into four main school research hubs:
- Centre for Health and Relationship Research (CHR)
- CREATE (Centre for Research into Expertise Acquisition, Training and Excellence)
- Psychology of Educational Development (PED)
- Cyber and Interpersonal Behaviour Research (CIBR)
In addition, details of individual academic research interests and collaborations can be found by visiting our website.