Plymouth, United Kingdom
Plymouth Marjon University (St Mark & St John)
Plymouth Marjon University (St Mark & St John)* sits on a green and spacious campus, with world-class facilities, in a spectacular part of the world. Here, students build strong working relationships with a network of supporters, from their Personal Development Tutor, to their lecturers to the Student Union, and through this supportive community, they achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Postgraduate students learn in small groups and Marjon’s academic team are firmly committed to providing all students with the challenge, encouragement and support they need. With a strong emphasis on mobility, the university helps people to change their lives and careers through education.
The university therefore offers a pragmatic and focused approach, ensuring your commitment leads not only to the skills and qualifications you need, but also gives you a fresh confidence, a network of contacts and a new approach to your career.
- 24/7 Library located on campus with access to 120,000 titles as well as e-book and journal collections
- Teaching spaces equipped to facilitate interactive and engaging sessions, with content capture technology and high definition smart screens
- Live music studios, a crime scene house, journalism newsroom, sports science laboratories and health science clinics in which students work closely with members of the public
- Only BASES accredited lab in the Southwest
- Business Enterprise Hub to boost your career
- Postgraduate suites with hot-desk computers, meeting areas and a relaxed study area
- On site sport centre, gym and pool
As Marjon prepare for the Research Excellence Framework 2021, they are actively encouraging research-active staff and students to join their community.
Across the Faculty of Sport, Health and Wellbeing, Marjon undertake research which advances knowledge in physical activity, exercise, sport and rehabilitation, and which is related to human health, performance, social inclusion and sustainability.
The Speech and Language Therapy team have links with Parkinson’s UK at local and national levels, The Stroke Association, Connect Support Cornwall, the West of England Gender Identity Clinic and many more.
Within Education research, Marjon’s founding mission was to tackle inequality and develop opportunity through education. Research is both formal and informal education and is articulated through our research cluster ‘ACE’ – Agency, Context and Education.
You can find out more our research here.
Marjon offers a wide range of full-time and part-time postgraduate study options tailored towards working professionals. Their support networks are there for postgraduate students, just as much as they are for undergraduates. In fact, 50% of Marjon’s student population are aged 21 or over. The university offers well-appointed postgraduate accommodation in the village houses on campus, providing a peaceful bolthole away from the crowds.
The University’s postgraduate areas of specialism include Arts and Social Sciences, Teacher Training and Education and Sport, Health and Wellbeing. Marjon have almost 180 years of heritage in teacher training and their great reputation continues to this day, whether that be training to NQT status or to enhance careers with leadership specialisms and beyond.
You can find out more about the programmes we offer here.
*Plymouth Marjon University is a trading name of the University of St Mark & St John
1. British Association of Sport and Exercise Science
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- MA Arts, Health & Wellbeing
- MA Early Years
- MA Education
- MA Education - Coaching, Mentoring and Leadership
- MA Education - Disability
- MA Education - Educational Leadership
- MA Experimental Theatre Practice
- MA Literature for Children and Young Adults
- MA Professional Education Practice
- MA Social Policy
- MA Youth & Community Practice - Research and Leadership
- MA Youth and Community Work
- Master of Research - with a wide range of subject specialisms
- MPH Master of Public Health
- MSc Advanced Psychotherapy and Counselling Studies
- MSc Applied Sport Psychology
- MSc Business, Management and Enterprise
- MSc High Performance Sport Coaching
- MSc Management for a Sustainable Future
- MSc Psychology
- MSc Psychology for Leadership
- MSc Sport and Exercise Science
- MSc Sport Rehabilitation
- PGCE Primary
- PGCE Primary Education with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- PGCE Secondary Education with Art and Design
- PGCE Secondary Education with Biology
- PGCE Secondary Education with Chemistry
- PGCE Secondary Education with Drama
- PGCE Secondary Education with English
- PGCE Secondary Education with Geography
- PGCE Secondary Education with History
- PGCE Secondary Education with Maths
- PGCE Secondary Education with Modern Foreign Languages
- PGCE Secondary Education with Physical Education
- PGCE Secondary Education with Physics
- PGCE Secondary Education with Psychology
- PGCE Secondary Education with Religious Education (RE)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring
- Postgraduate Diploma in Early Years with Initial Teacher Training
- Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship
- School Direct - Primary
- School Direct - Secondary