Liverpool Hope University
With over 80 full and part-time postgraduate courses available, along with January and September starts (course dependent), Liverpool Hope gives you choice and flexibility when it comes to pursuing your postgraduate qualification.
Each year, we welcome more than 1,000 postgraduate students to our campuses, who study on our taught MA and MSc degrees, PG Cert, PGCE and PGDE courses across our two faculties: Faculty of Liberal Arts, Education and Social Science and Faculty of Science. We also offer Postgraduate Research degrees including MPhil, EdD and PhD.
Liverpool Hope offers scholarships for UK/EU students studying postgraduate taught courses, ranging from £500 - £1,000 depending on your undergraduate degree qualification and chosen postgraduate course. You can find out more about funding support here. There is also a range of scholarships available for international students.
We currently have over 150 postgraduate research students conducting specialist research and collaborating with academic staff who are working at the frontiers of their subjects.
We are committed to ensuring that the quality and relevance of our postgraduate research programmes are of the very highest level.
Many aspects of our research have been judged to be of a world class standard. Our research activities take place across the range of disciplines - in humanities, sciences and social sciences, education, liberal arts, business and computer science.
At Liverpool Hope, we welcome applications from students interested in pursuing a full-time or part-time higher degree - Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Professional Doctorate (EdD) and who satisfy the University's entry criteria.
Before you apply for postgraduate research, you should contact the academic department/school you are interested in to check that your research proposal aligns with our key research areas and that there is appropriate support available to supervise your research.
Full details of entry requirements and how to make your application can be found in our How to Apply section.
Employability skills are integrated into learning. Our Research Skills Programme is a series of generic, transferable skills courses designed for Postgraduate Research students, to help you complete your degree and also develop skills to aid your employability. Our Postgraduate Taught students benefit from undertaking a Research Phase.
All students have access to My Careers Centre – an online portal with interactive tools and advice. Our Employability Hub offers workshops with employers, careers fairs, a regular employability bulletin and advice on gaining both voluntary work experience and paid work.
2020 Open Days:
- Friday 26th June
- Saturday 4th July
- Saturday 3rd October
- Saturday 24th October
- Saturday 21st November
- Wednesday 2nd December
T: 0151 291 3111
* HESA Staff in Higher Education Table 8, 2014/15; HESA cannot accept responsibility for any inferences or conclusions derived from the data by third parties.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- MA - Education
- MA & MEd - Developmental Psychology (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- MA & MEd - Early Childhood (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- MA & MEd - Education (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- MA & MEd - Education Leadership & Management (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- MA & MEd - Pedagogy (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- PG Cert - Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)
- PG Cert - Advanced Mentoring & Coaching
- PG Cert - Education Leadership & Management - Fully Online Delivery
- PG Cert - Expert Teaching
- PG Cert - Research Informed Leadership
- PG Cert Early Career Teacher
- PG Cert Management & Leadership of SEN - ONLINE
- PG Cert National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (NASENCo)
- PGCE - Primary (3-7)
- PGCE - Primary (5-11)
- PGCE - Secondary
- Understanding Autism & Inclusive Learning (Online PG Cert)
- (MA by Research) - English Literature
- (MA by Research) - Theology, Philosophy & Religious Studies
- IMBA - International Master of Business Adminstration
- MA - History
- MA - Politics and International Relations
- MA - Theology, Philosophy & Religion
- MA & MEd - Disability Studies (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- MA & MEd - Special Education Needs (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- MA Contemporary European Affairs