The two-year Executive MBA for the Creative Industries is a 24 month programme starting October 2016. You will study mainly online with 4 residential weeks over 2 years, 3 of which are at Ashridge Business School and one is an international business experience outside of the UK.
This Executive MBA, delivered mainly online, is for professionals either already working in the creative sector or looking to make the transition into the sector, who wish to gain the strategic skills and knowledge required to respond to changing global market forces due to increased digitisation and globalisation. You will learn how to lead and inspire innovation and how to build a culture of creative excellence whilst balancing the demands of commercial enterprise. The programme is designed and delivered by world-ranked, triple-accredited Ashridge with the expertise and contribution from an Advisory Board of senior-level professionals from the creative industries and two experienced industry partners; Creative Skillset and Atticus Education.
The Ashridge MBA for the Creative Industries is built around six core modules each containing two units. You will study each module according to a published study schedule over 18 months. The last 3-6 months of your programme will be spent on your business-based masters project. This draws on your skills and knowledge you have developed during the programme and is directly relevant to your preferred industry.
The six core modules are:
• Business Finance
• Creating Strategy
• Leading the Creative Process
• Achieving Scale
• Effective Leadership
What sets this programme apart?
• It is run by Ashridge, a world-class triple-accredited business school and is based on our established Executive MBA programme which has been tailored to the creative industries
• A programme that combines learning, consulting, facilitation, coaching and research that is directly applied to the challenges faced by organisations
• A focus on practice and impact provides the backbone of the programme
• Led by faculty who are, at the same time, academics and practicing professional consultants, connected to relevant organisations at the highest level
• It is delivered mainly online, fitting in with the schedules of busy freelancers and employees
• It is backed by an impressive Advisory Group of industry experts from all areas of the creative industries including film, music, advertising, television and publishing
Who is the programme for?
• Mid-career professional and experienced managers seeking to gain skills which will allow them to shape and lead creative businesses into a future of commercial success in the global marketplace
• Entrepreneurs who want to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to start and lead their own businesses
• Small business owners who want to grow the scope and scale of their companies
Funding your Executive MBA
A range of scholarships are available for self-funded students wishing to study on this programme. Please contact the Admissions Team for more information.
Meet the Ashridge faculty: http://www.ashridge.org.uk/qualifications/executive-mba-for-the-creative-industries/faculty/
Course Advisory Board: http://www.ashridge.org.uk/qualifications/executive-mba-for-the-creative-industries/faculty/advisory-board/
Funding and Scholarships: http://www.ashridge.org.uk/qualifications/executive-mba-for-the-creative-industries/fees-and-funding/
3 years professional experience with a degree OR 5 years professional experience without a degree. Students will also require a GMAT score 550 or a pass in the Ashridge Admissions Test.