This part-time course has been designed for experienced practitioners who are looking to move into managerial roles within the health care sector.
[[Why study with GSM London?]]
In today’s complex world of health care delivery, it has never been more important for medical practitioners and administrative staff to involve themselves with management processes.
Our Weekend MSc Leading and Managing in Healthcare Organisations programme has been designed to give you a good understanding of complex managerial procedures, healthcare policy, project planning and strategic thinking, within the context of a health care environment.
[[How will this course support my professional development?]]
This programme focuses on the needs of health care professionals working in this rapidly changing industry.
The syllabus consists of 7 modules, covering key issues such as Quality & Effectiveness, Change and Human Resources Management, Project Management and Health Policy.
The programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills to interact with a wide range of health and social care professionals, public and private sector agencies, voluntary services, and the general public.
With flexible weekend part-time study, you will be able to complete the programme with little impact on your professional commitments.
[[How is this course structured?]]
- Leading and Managing within Healthcare
- Leading and Managing in Context: Health Policy
- Development Strategic Thinking and Influence
- Quality and Effectiveness within the Health Service
- Change and Human Resource Management
- Research Methodology and Project Management
- Dissertation or Consultancy Project
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have at least one of the following:
- Bachelors Degree (Hons) 2:2 or above, (or an equivalent qualification from a recognised UK or overseas institution)
- NQF Level 6 Qualification
- GSM London Pre-Masters Qualification
- If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6 or equivalent qualification.
Please note that we will consider applications from mature students (aged 21 or over) who do not meet the standard entry requirements, provided evidence of work experience can be demonstrated. This must be backed up by an employer's reference.
In addition to the above qualifications, applicants are expected to have three years’ managerial experience.
[[How to apply]]
To speak to a dedicated course advisor about the Weekend MSc Leading and Managing in Healthcare Organisations, please email [email protected]
or phone +44 (0)20 8516 7800
[[What our students say]]
"I chose this course to strengthen my knowledge of important aspects of healthcare and to develop leadership skills"
– Dr Tom Clark, MSc Leading and Managing in Healthcare Organisations
Bachelors Degree (Hons) 2:2 or above, (or an equivalent qualification from a recognised UK or overseas institution)