The MSc in Business Research is designed to provide students with advanced training in the research skills, techniques and methodologies they will need to conduct their own research into business and business competitiveness. The programme is intended for students with an academic, professional and, above all, research interest in the general field of business.
Students who successfully complete the master will have developed the knowledge and skills to begin the preparation of a doctoral thesis and may therefore request admission to the PhD in Business - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/phd-2/
Download the UB Business brochure 2016/2017 HERE - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Cat%C3%A0leg_UB_BUSINESS_Graduate-programme_16-17.pdf
What the MSc in Business Research offers
- International research excellence in business administration and management. - The means of developing skills and abilities for research that meets the most exacting standards. - The foundations for further study at doctoral level and the preparation of a doctoral thesis.
Compulsory subjects: These subjects provide the instrumental and methodological skills for the programme: Quantitative Methods for Research in Business Management / Fundamental Methodology for Research in Business Management / the Final Project.
Optional subjects: Divided into six areas:
1. Strategy and Entrepreneurship: Strategic Management Research / Internationalization Strategies / Business Globalization in the Long Term / Fundamentals of Research in Business Creation.
2. Technology and Operations Management: Research in Operations Management / Business Innovation and Competitiveness / Business Management Systems.
3. Accounting: Introduction to Accounting Research / Financial Statement Analysis / Management Control for Small Businesses.
4. Finance: Stochastic Finance / Financial Risk Management / Optimal Strategic Decisions for the Enterprise.
5. Marketing: Introduction to Marketing Research / Advanced Research in Marketing / New Trends in Marketing Research / Decision Making in Marketing / Design, Operation and Interpretation of Entrepreneur Opinion Surveys.
6. General Management: The Company in Contemporary Economics / Fundamentals of Human Resources Management.
The lectures are given mainly in Spanish (70%) although are several optional subjects taught in English (30%). Therefore a good command of Spanish ans English is required.
Students must complete 60 credits (30 for compulsory subjects and 30 for optional subjects). The programme requires one year of full-time study* or two years of part-time study**. The academic year is divided into two semesters, which cover the period allocated for the Master’s Thesis (TFM).
* Students who choose to complete the programme in one year must divide the study load as follows: 10 credits for compulsory subjects and 20 for optional subjects in the first semester; 20 credits for compulsory subjects (including 15 for the Master’s Thesis) and 10 credits for optional subjects in the second semester.
** Students who choose to complete the programme in two years must take 30 credits each year.
Calendar and Schedule
Academic calendar (course 2016/17): HERE - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MRE_Calendari-2016-17_VF.pdf
Class schedules (september 2016): HERE - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MRE_Horarios_Septiembre2016_VF.pdf
Class schedules (1st semester 2016/17): HERE - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MRE_Horarios_Semestre-I_VF.pdf
Class schedules (2nd semester 2016/17): HERE - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MRE_Horarios_Semestre-II_VF.pdf
How to Apply
Application period for the academic year 2016/2017 is open. In order to present your application you have to follow these five steps:
FIRST To check you meet the specified requirements to apply to this program - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/research-master-2/who-should-apply/
SECOND Fill in the registration form http://www.giga.ub.edu/acad/pops/tfitxes/1/actius.php at the University of Barcelona (by selecting the ‘Recerca en Empresa‘ option) and pay the application fee of 30 euros.
THIRD Fill in the specific MSc in Business Research form http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/form-tools-master/ in order to have enough information to be academically evaluated by academic committee*.
FOURTH In case of being admitted, to hand in the required documentation http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/required-documentation/ to the Master and PhD Office (OMD) of the Faculty of Economics and Business.
FIFTH When you have been admitted, you are required to finalize your enrollment by completing this form http://www.giga.ub.edu/acad/pops/auto/auto00060.php?idensy=M0S07&curs=2015&periode=2&idioma=1 every academic year.
*ACADEMIC COMMITEE RESOLUTIONS (THIRD STEP)
1st period: February, 1 – April, 10. Resolution by the following week.
2nd period: April, 11 – July, 10. Resolution by the following week.
3d period: July, 11 – September, 7. Resolution by the following week.
MSc in Business Research’s Commitee: HERE - http://www.ub.edu/ubbusiness/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Comissi%C3%B3-Acad%C3%A8mica-M%C3%A0ster-Recerca-en-Empresa_eng.pdf
You can find information about available scholarships at the Universitat de Barcelona’s website.
- An official degree issued by a Spanish university.- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the EHEA framework that grants access to official master’s degree programmes.- A degree issued by a higher education institution outside the EHEA framework. In this case, applicants must apply for official recognition of their degree by the Spanish government or request a study of equivalence by the UB, which establishes whether the degree in question provides an equivalent level of training to an official Spanish degree that grants access to official master’s degree programmes.
€2,790 for EU students / €3,952.20 for non-EU students
Recipient: University of Barcelona
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here