This course gives students the opportunity to specialise in corporate finance, one of the most popular sectors of financial services and will give students the knowledge to successfully navigate the rapidly changing global landscape of corporate finance.
Unique features of this course are:
• Core modules in M&A/Private Equity and Risk Management
• Tuition from 'practitioner' professors who apply theory to real world scenarios
• A choice from over 45 finance related electives
• All teaching done at Cass Business School
's location in the heart of London's financial district
This exciting new MSc degree course will develop your financial expertise to the highest level.
The course is a Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA) Partner Programme and is also accredited by Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). Please see the Accreditations tab for more information on how you can benefit from this partnership.
Visit the website: http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/courses/masters/courses/corporate-finance
The MSc in Corporate Finance course starts with two compulsory induction weeks, including:
• An introduction to the Cass Careers offering with a focus on key skills and attributes that employers are looking for. The annual MSc Careers Fair at this time also provides the opportunity to meet over 60 companies who are recruiting across many sectors including finance, energy, insurance, real estate, shipping, strategic management and internal auditing.
• a refresher course of basic financial mathematics, statistics, computing and electronic databases
To satisfy the requirements of the degree programme students must complete:
• eight core courses
• two additional core modules plus three electives
• one elective and a Business Research Project
Students on the MSc in Corporate Finance and the MSc in Investment Management are able to apply for an additional year's study at LUISS or Bocconi business schools in Italy. Two places are available at each school every year. Students are selected on the basis of their term one results at Cass and a short essay.International elective modules may also be available in term three.
Our Graduate Destination Survey of the MSc in Corporate Finance class of 2014 showed that 79% of those who responded were either employed (75.8%) or not job seeking as they are in further study, military service etc. (3.2%)
Some examples of where graduates from the MSc in Corporate Finance class of 2014 are working are:
• RBS - Auditor
• Kumplulan Wang Persaraan (KWAP) - Associate
We anticipate that graduates from the MSc in Corporate Finance will move into a diverse range of financial sector careers including: investment banking, securities sales and trading, foreign exchange, hedge funds, private banking, asset management, credit products, financial and credit risk management and consultancy.
How to apply
Apply here: http://www.city.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying-to-city
For information on funding, please follow this link: http://www.city.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/funding-and-financial-support
A 2:1 Honours degree in a related subject; if University degree not taught in English or you have studied a 2+2 degree with just two years in the UK you will be required to provide IELTS results and possibly to resit the tests to meet our requirements: The required IELTS level is an average of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing