Gain the knowledge and skills you need to take on a variety of roles in manufacturing and engineering management, operations, logistics, IT and consultancy. Develop your leadership skills and learn to manage complex projects and budgets.
We’ll give you a greater understanding of systems and the ability to address and deal with the challenges of all modern manufacturing systems in complex industrial and business environments.
In our Computer Aided Engineering Lab, you’ll use the latest software including Autodesk Inventor, Inventor CAM, Catia, Witness Simulation Package, DFMA, Ansys/LSDyna and electronic CAD to model and test the systems you’ve designed.
When you graduate, you’ll be able to identify and design the right manufacturing systems to fulfill an organisation’s strategy, while improving their quality and efficiency.
Full-time - January start, 15 months. September start, 12 months.
Part-time - January start, 33 months. September start, 28 months.
See the website http://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/manufacturing-systems
The main aims of this course are:
• to demonstrate how the technological and human resources of manufacturing are organised to make products in the most competitive way
• to illustrate the essential role of the human resource and its effective integration into the manufacturing system
• to give the sound theoretical underpinning necessary to exploit the potential of modern manufacturing systems
• to fit management and strategic theories into the realities of modern manufacturing by demonstrating a positive applications approach
• to encourage work on real industrial problems, giving confidence in the ideas underlying manufacturing and the practicalities of implementing these ideas
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• design an appropriate manufacturing system to fulfil the organisations strategy
• plan how to improve organisations manufacturing systems quality and efficiency and justify those plans
• establish the resources required to successfully complete a complex manufacturing project
• numerically analyse a design and evaluate the feasibility
• manage complex projects that use advanced technology
• exercise effective decision making in complex and unpredictable situations taking into account risk of failure both technical and commercial
• construct and control a budget for a manufacturing project
• lead and motivate people in difficult circumstances
• apply strategic thinking to an organisation in the manufacturing sector
• work effectively in teams and as an individual
• use appropriate industrial software to aid decision-making
You’ll be well-equipped to undertake a wide range of manufacturing and engineering leadership roles, in areas such as management, operations, logistics, IT and consultancy.
You’re also in the perfect position to continue your academic career and move up to our Engineering and Tribology or Mechanical Engineering PhDs.
Engineering Management Systems
Computer Aided Engineering Analysis
Automation and Robotics
Innovative Product Design and Manufacture
Engineering Quality Management
Project Management Systems
Research Design and Methods
Assessment includes reports, assignments, exams and you’ll produce work in response to workshops and demonstrations, along with log books, work-based project reports and presentations.
• a workshop with industrial scale modern machines such as CNC machines, rapid prototyping machine and robotic system
• a materials lab that includes manual and automatic materials testing machines and electronic scanning microscope
• a computer aided engineering lab with powerful computers loaded with state of the art engineering software that includes Autodesk Inventor, InventorCAM, Catia, Witness simulation package, DFMA, Ansys/LSDyna, electronic CAD and other programmes relevant to engineering.
The Faculty of Science & Technology is one of the largest of five faculties at Anglia Ruskin University
. Whether you choose to study with us full- or part-time, on campus or at a distance, there’s an option whatever your level – from a foundation degree, to a BSc, MSc, PhD or professional doctorate.
Whichever course you pick, you’ll gain the theory and practical skills needed to progress with confidence. Join us and you could find yourself learning in the very latest laboratories or on field trips or work placements with well-known and respected companies. You may even have the opportunity to study abroad.
Everything we do in the faculty has a singular purpose: to provide a world-class environment to create, share and advance knowledge in science and technology fields. This is key to all of our futures.