Covering a range of topics from managing people to finances, operations, resources and beyond, our course equips you with the tools and techniques you’ll need to manage within today’s complex technical organisations.
Technical competence alone is not enough for the success of engineering companies - wider professional skills are needed at the top. No matter what your area of technical expertise, if you want to push forwards in your engineering career towards a managerial role this course is for you.
We’ll develop your practical skills and intellectual understanding in essential areas such as people management, finance control, operations management and basic contract law - all geared towards the global industrial market.
Our course is designed for engineers from a wide range of technical fields, so whether you’re a civil engineer, a mechanical engineer or an engineer working in another capacity, you can benefit from the leadership and management techniques covered.
Full-time - January start, 15 months. September start, 12 months.
Part-time - January start, 33 months. September start, 28 months.
See the website http://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/engineering-management
This course aims to provide you with:
• the intellectual competency to pursue personal career goals and aspirations, and to understand that personal development is a continuous
• the ability to identify personal strengths and weaknesses and to define personal performance targets in terms of leadership style and managerial effectiveness
• the opportunity to enhance interpersonal skills and to encourage the development of leadership qualities
• an educational experience which provides the breadth of vision and enhancement of professional effectiveness expected of an engineering manager
• the ability to evaluate challenging situations and to develop confidence in selecting appropriate methods for identifying, researching and diagnosing managerial problems
• the tools to analyse managerial theories and develop comprehensive views of relevant management issues for the advancement of all aspects of engineering management.
There is an increasing global demand for continuing professional development and this course will be of particular interest to engineers who wish to expand their careers into the management arena, irrespective of their area of technical expertise. It is designed for engineers in a wide range of technical fields, including civil, mechanical, electronic and manufacturing engineering. Technical competence alone is not enough for the success of engineering companies and this course will enable you to develop your intellectual capabilities and your performance, with respect to your wider professional role.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
• evaluate your own work roles, and review personal development aspirations;
• assess and enhance personal managerial effectiveness and skills;
• analyse the roles and influences which managers exercise within organisational settings;
• analyse behavioural concepts underpinning management studies;
• evaluate the relationships between engineering organisations and their environments;
• compare and contrast the impacts which environmental factors have on the manager's role within the constraints and opportunities that exist in the engineering sector.
If you want to move into engineering management, or if you’ve recently moved into a management role and want to continue your professional development, our course is for you. You’re also in the perfect position to continue your academic career and move up to our Built Environment PhD.
Project Management Systems
Engineering Management Systems
Engineering Quality Management
Managing Dynamic Virtual Enterprises
Research Design and Methods
You’ll be assessed through exams, written assignments and seminars throughout your study.
The Faculty of Science & Technology is one of the largest of five faculties at Anglia Ruskin University
. Whether you choose to study with us full- or part-time, on campus or at a distance, there’s an option whatever your level – from a foundation degree, to a BSc, MSc, PhD or professional doctorate.
Whichever course you pick, you’ll gain the theory and practical skills needed to progress with confidence. Join us and you could find yourself learning in the very latest laboratories or on field trips or work placements with well-known and respected companies. You may even have the opportunity to study abroad.
Everything we do in the faculty has a singular purpose: to provide a world-class environment to create, share and advance knowledge in science and technology fields. This is key to all of our futures.