Develop the skills you'll need to lead and manage teams, identifying and putting into practice innovative solutions to construction-related problems. Our courses are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
With an emphasis on construction and projects you’ll gain the key skills necessary to choose between a variety of management roles in the construction sector.
The practical emphasis in our specialist modules gives you the confidence and encouragement needed to develop your own management style.
By the time you graduate, you’ll have a complete understanding of the role of the construction manager throughout the whole construction process.
See the website http://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/construction-management
You’ll be well prepared for a broad range of careers related to building, civil engineering, the built environment and the support of building users. From managing new building projects or existing building stock, to design and production or providing specialist services, you’ll have plenty of career choices. You’re also in the perfect position to continue your academic career and move up to our Built Environment PhD.
This course will:
• equip you with the broad range of management and technical skills required to manage construction projects
• develop your individual knowledge base and approach to the management of construction projects
• demonstrate the practical application of construction management techniques
• meet the increasing demand for qualified construction managers from construction firms, both nationally and internationally
• meet the requirements for professional construction managers in a wide range of construction organisations and to meet the specific requirements for professional construction managers, specified by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
• plan, organise and manage the construction process
• demonstrate a critical awareness and understanding of the context, factors and issues that affect construction
• apply an in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of health and safety issues and how to effectively manage these in a construction context
• select and apply appropriate management approaches and techniques to construction
• develop and implement both recognised and innovative solutions to problems in construction
• recognise the environmental implications and considerations that influence construction
• understand professional and ethical standards and know how to apply ethical values to situations and choices
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Sustainability and Environmental Management
Project Analysis and Strategy
Economic, Legal and Political Framework
Research Design and Methods
We’ll assess you through a combination of assignments, case studies, examinations, group work and presentations.
You’ll have access to our specialist management software for project planning and business organisation and finance. Within our well-equipped laboratories you’ll explore geotechnics, hydraulics, structures, engineering materials, and concrete testing. With access to our libraries, open access computer areas and Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
The Faculty of Science & Technology is one of the largest of five faculties at Anglia Ruskin University
. Whether you choose to study with us full- or part-time, on campus or at a distance, there’s an option whatever your level – from a foundation degree, to a BSc, MSc, PhD or professional doctorate.
Whichever course you pick, you’ll gain the theory and practical skills needed to progress with confidence. Join us and you could find yourself learning in the very latest laboratories or on field trips or work placements with well-known and respected companies. You may even have the opportunity to study abroad.
Everything we do in the faculty has a singular purpose: to provide a world-class environment to create, share and advance knowledge in science and technology fields. This is key to all of our futures.