Develop your knowledge, understanding and professional abilities in civil engineering. Enhance your career with a course that satisfies the academic content requirements for Chartered Membership of the Institute of Civil Engineers.
If you’re a graduate engineer or a working civil engineer, our course introduces you to the latest thinking in areas such as environmental geotechnics, Eurocodes and sustainability.
We’ll also look at management and professional practice issues, as well as forensic engineering. You’ll investigate a building failure, compile a report and develop your skills as an expert witness.
Leading experts deliver your lectures and seminars and there’ll be frequent workshops, simulations and laboratory sessions, where you can apply your growing knowledge to real-world civil engineering issues. Your major research project will involve an original dissertation on the subject of your choice.
See website http://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/civil-engineering
This course will:
• Provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge, theories and principles of civil engineering.
• Develop the practices and procedures required to enhance your career in civil engineering.
• Develop your abilities to critically analyse problems and to synthesis recognised and innovative solutions to civil engineering problems
• Develop your abilities to solve organisational, environmental and technical problems in the context of civil engineering and the built environment.
• Enable you to develop professional and ethical responsibilities and standards.
• Develop your abilities to think critically and independently, and to deal effectively with uncertainty.
• Develop your ability to undertake research into your chosen field.
• Develop your independent and self-managed personal skills, appropriate learning strategies and study techniques.
• Develop a broad knowledge of the professional and ethical responsibilities of engineers.
Our course will enhance your skills and enable you to work as a design or production civil engineer. You’re also in the perfect position to continue your academic career and move up to our Built Environment PhD.
Foundation Design Engineering
Sustainability and Environmental Management
Research Design and Methods
We’ll assess your progress from your assignments, case studies, exams, group work and presentations, as well as your major project.
The Faculty of Science & Technology is one of the largest of five faculties at Anglia Ruskin University
. Whether you choose to study with us full- or part-time, on campus or at a distance, there’s an option whatever your level – from a foundation degree, to a BSc, MSc, PhD or professional doctorate.
Whichever course you pick, you’ll gain the theory and practical skills needed to progress with confidence. Join us and you could find yourself learning in the very latest laboratories or on field trips or work placements with well-known and respected companies. You may even have the opportunity to study abroad.
Everything we do in the faculty has a singular purpose: to provide a world-class environment to create, share and advance knowledge in science and technology fields. This is key to all of our futures.