About This Masters Degree
The Digital Design MA is concerned with the creation of any digital or computer related content or products. This includes digital media, digital products, digital interiors, digital exhibitions and installations, digital graphics, digital fashion and even digital branding and marketing. You can specialise in the following:
• Digital media design, including multimedia design, web design, 2D and 3D computer animation, visual and special effects for TV and film, mobile app design for tablets and smart phones, computer and video games, virtual and augmented reality and 2D and 3D visualisation
• Digital product design, including the design of any computer-based or screen-based product such as smartphones, smart TV’s, tablet devices, smart watches, games consoles, smart household appliances, information systems and 3D digital printing
• Digital interior design, including digital display and projection design, intelligent interiors, digital lighting design and digital furniture design
• Digital exhibition, museum and installation design, including digital heritage resources, digital archeology, interactive kiosk and installation design, virtual museums and exhibitions
• Digital graphic design, including the design of e-books, e-learning, interface design, interaction design and digital signage
• Digital fashion design, including the design of wearable computing, smart clothing design and digital fabrics
• Digital branding and marketing design, including digital corporate identity design, logo design, social media marketing, digital channel advertising and promotion
You will have access to industry standard software and hardware such as Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk MAYA while working in a dynamic environment with ongoing multimedia research and commercial projects. There are also opportunities to work on digital design projects set by external companies and other organisations. You will develop the skills and ideas to go on to employment as a digital designer or to set up your own business as a freelancer after graduation.
Digital Design MA
page on the De Montfort University website for more details!
You should have the equivalent of a 2:2 or above UK bachelor’s honours degree in Digital Design, Multimedia Design, Animation, Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Product Design, Fashion Design, Computer Arts, Computer Technology, Digital Marketing or a related subject. You must have a suitable portfolio of digital design or visual communications work and have some experience of using digital software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, After Effects and possibly 3D software such as Autodesk MAYA or 3DMax. If you have other professional qualifications and industry.experience we will consider yourapplication on an individual basis.
Please see dmu.ac.uk/pgfees for more information