This programme will give you the specialised skills and knowledge to become a successful marketing manager of the future.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of areas including marketing strategy, digital marketing, branding, communications, marketing consulting, CRM, key account management, market research or multi-channel marketing.
- Designed with senior marketing practitioners to give you cutting-edge knowledge and skills in strategic marketing.
- Practical skills are developed through topical case studies, in-class debates, master classes and guest lectures by high-profile industry partners, and by a real-life Marketing Consulting Project involving a reputable organization.
- The diverse, multi-national cohort provides an international learning opportunity enabling you to share marketing insight and experience.
- Our unique, self-contained campus, just one hour from London, offers a friendly postgraduate-focused learning environment with unrivalled access to lecturers and support staff.
- 99% of Cranfield School of Management Masters’ students seeking employment are employed within 3 months of graduation.
Is this course for me?
The Cranfield MSc in Strategic Marketing will provide you with a thorough grounding in the principles of marketing and how to apply them. As one of the best schools for marketing, we develop proactive marketing professionals who can put their practical skills straight to work in the marketplace.
This one-year full-time masters degree in marketing programme is delivered over four terms covering core modules and an optional marketing consultancy project.
This course is designed for:
- Recent graduates who want to boost their academic credentials and prepare for a first professional role in marketing
- Marketing professionals looking to enhance their knowledge and skills and progress their career.
The course has been developed to produce practical, proactive strategic marketers, and our teaching methods are specifically geared towards encouraging participation, self-development and team working. Students complete a series of core modules and a thesis. One of the modules is a marketing consultancy project carried out in teams, while the thesis offers you the opportunity to carry out a company-based project.
Students complete a series of core modules and a thesis. One of the modules is a marketing consultancy project carried out in teams, while the thesis offers you the opportunity to carry out a company-based project.
- Managing Brands and Consumer Equity
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Accounting for Marketing and Retail Managers
- Customer Relationship Management and Customer Experience
- Retailing and Multichannel Management
- Sales and Key Account Management
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Consultancy Project
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Digital Marketing and Retail
The culmination of the learning process is your opportunity to undertake a research project, which can be either company-sponsored, or an empirical project in an area of marketing you are passionate about (usually involving direct research with either marketing professionals/managers or with customers).
The project is agreed in consultation with the programme director, and you will then be allocated a supervisor whose expertise lies in the most relevant area of marketing. During your thesis, you will work closely with your supervisor who will support you and provide expert guidance, advice and insights into leading-edge thinking in your subject area. This valuable learning experience will provide you with a thorough grounding in research, reporting and presenting.
The marketing consultancy project simulates a real-life consultancy assignment. You will work in teams in a time-constrained environment, competing against your class colleagues to make the strongest marketing strategy presentation to senior executives from partner firms. You will attend a briefing meeting to define the project, research the situation and consider your options. You will then formulate your recommendations and present them to company leaders at the final client presentation. On completion you will receive feedback from your supervisor and an industry expert. Companies that students have worked with in the past have included Google, Cobra Beer, Nike and Nokia.
Your progress will be assessed through assignments, exams or both. This encourages you to find your own solutions to problems and breeds a level of pro-activity that ensures you are not just an intellectual, but a highly skilled marketing professional.
During your course you will receive support and guidance to help you plan an effective strategy for your personal and professional development, whether you are looking to secure your first role in marketing, or wanting take your marketing career to the next level.
Services available to MSc in Strategic Marketing students include: interview skills workshops; career planning workshops; CV and cover letter workshops; searchable online CV service; job matching service; networking opportunities; on-campus company presentations; careers fair; sector events; individual career consultations.
Companies that have recruited our graduates into marketing roles include:
- Cable & Wireless
- Du Pont
- Grand China Express Airlines
- Hilton Group
- Hyundai Motors
- Procter & Gamble
- Sony Ericsson
- Telefonica O2 Germany
- United Response
- Zurich Financial Services
For further information
On this course, please visit our course webpage - http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/Courses/Masters/Strategic-Marketing
Either: a 1st or 2nd class UK Honours Degree (or equivalent Bachelors Degree); OR a professional qualification (e.g. Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing) and have 5 years' relevant work experience