The Cranfield Executive MBA allows you to combine studying for a world-class management qualification with your family and work commitments. It gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of core aspects of business and finance, as well as enhance your soft skills.
- Keep up-to-date with best practice and work out how to implement it in your organisation.
- Create and implement your own leadership development plan, setting a vision for where you want to be and how you are going to get there.
- Build relationships with and learn from experienced, like-minded professionals from all around the world.
- Discover the confidence and competence to take on new challenges, and raise the level of your ambition.
The Cranfield Executive MBA is offered in a weekend format – complemented by remote study from home in between classes.
The programme covers all the core management subjects in a series of 16 modules, but is also highly flexible. You will choose 8 electives and tailor projects to suit your organisation's needs, your interests and your professional aspirations.
You will carry out projects and assignments and participate in competitions and business simulations, designed to help you apply the theories, tools and techniques you learn.
- Flexibility. The programme covers all the core management subjects, but is also highly flexible. You can choose electives and tailor projects to suit your organisation's needs, your interests and your professional aspirations.
- Real world learning. You will carry out projects and assignments and participate in competitions and business simulations, designed to help you apply the theories, tools and techniques you learn. A large proportion of learning on the Executive MBA is centred on case studies of real business challenges, which develop your ability to think strategically.
- Leadership development. A defining feature of the Cranfield Executive MBA is our focus on leadership development. Leadership development runs throughout the course, allowing you to explore how you work in a team, how your colleagues perceive you, your leadership style, and how to get the best out of others.
- Networking. You will be part of a small, selective and supportive MBA class, and form friendships and professional relationships that will last you for life. Work is carried out in small multi-cultural learning teams, each of which has a coach to support and advise them.
The programme includes a compulsory consultancy project. Working in small groups, you will apply what you have learnt in your core and elective modules to the project. You will help an organisation to tackle a contemporary challenge, researching the problem, analysing data and making recommendations for action.
During part two you will have the opportunity to undertake a company-based project if you wish, as an assessed part of your course; giving you the flexibility to build on your Executive MBA learning through a consultancy experience linked to your career objectives.
You can either work on a project individually, with a project partner or in small project team of no more than three people. Projects can be sourced by you using your own networks or by the School.
The programme is structured in two main parts. The first part comprises 13 core management modules, including a consultancy skills module and a group consultancy project. In the second part, you will take a further 3 core modules including an International Business Assignment. You will then choose 8 elective modules (half-theme worth 10 credits), and have the option to complete an internship or company-based project. Leadership development and career development activities run throughout the programme.
You will be assessed through a mixture of exams, written projects and presentations.
For further information on this course, please visit our course webpage - http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/Courses/Masters/the-cranfield-executive-mba
A good first degree and/or professional qualification. Applicants who do not have a degree or professional qualification will also be considered provided they can demonstrate exceptional career progression or evidence of leadership potential.