The Cranfield full-time MBA is an intensive one-year programme beginning in September. It is a general management programme with a focus on real-word learning and leadership development. It will give you the opportunity to:
- Create and implement your own leadership development plan, setting a vision for where you want to be professionally and how you are going to get there.
- Prepare for and find a professional role that suits you based on your personality, skills, experience and career aspirations.
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of core aspects of business and finance, as well as enhance your soft skills such as self-awareness, teamwork and resilience.
- Discover the confidence and competence to take on new challenges, and raise the level of your ambition.
- Build relationships with and learn from experienced, like-minded professionals from all around the world.
The Cranfield MBA covers all the core management subjects in a series of 16 modules, but is also highly flexible, allowing you to choose 8 electives and tailor projects to suit your individual interests and professional aspirations.
The programme emphasises real world learning and includes a consultancy project, International Business Assignment, crisis management simulation, and pan-business school business plan and venture capital competitions.
Leadership development and career development activities run throughout the programme, and include working on your self-awareness, personal effectiveness and leadership style, as well as looking at challenges such as leading change, leading ethically and managing performance.
The programme includes a compulsory consultancy project. Working in small groups, you will apply what you have learnt in your core and elective modules to the project. You will help an organisation to tackle a contemporary challenge, researching the problem, analysing data and making recommendations for action.
Internships and company-based projects allow you to apply your learning in a real business environment, get experience in a sector of interest, gain international exposure and can support your career progression. You can source an internship or project yourself, or use the School's alumni network or dedicated Career Development Services to help you find the right organisation.
The programme is structured in two main parts. The first part comprises 13 core management modules, including a consultancy skills module and a group consultancy project. In the second part, you will take a further 3 core modules including an International Business Assignment. You will then choose 8 elective modules (half-theme worth 10 credits), and have the option to complete an internship or company-based project. Leadership development and career development activities run throughout the programme.
Strategic Operations Management
Economics of Organisations and Strategy
Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation
Venture Capital Investment Competition
Decision Making and Data Analytics
Global Macroeconomics and Business Environment
Project Management Introduction
International Business Assignment
Managing People and Leading Change
Challenges for Leaders
Leadership in Action
Managing Project Uncertainty
Investment and Risk Management
Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions
Managing Strategic Innovation
Strategic Human Resource Management in the 21st Century
Negotiating in Business and Organisations
Corporate Finance Transactions
Corporate Financial Strategy
Driving Value Through the Supply Chain
Identifying Hidden Needs
MBA Consultancy Project
You will be assessed through a mixture of exams, written projects and presentations. Assessment of core modules generally takes the form of an examination and these are timetabled at the end of each term. The majority of elective modules are assessed by group and individual projects. Written projects come in a variety of forms: individual essays, group reports and 'Written Analysis of a Case' assignments.
We will help you not only to secure your first role post-MBA, but to plan for a successful lifelong career. With the support of our career development team, you will work out where you want to be professionally and how to get there. You will learn to identify the fit between what you have to offer and what is required by employers, to differentiate yourself and pitch yourself.
- Average exit salary £63,929
- 64% of students changed country after graduation
- 65% of students employed in the UK after graduation
- 71% of students changed industry sector after graduation
- 87% of students employed 3 months after graduation.
Companies recruiting Cranfield MBA students include:
- AT Kearney
- Bank Mandiri
- BNP Paribas
- Johnson & Johnson
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Prime Minister's Office (GB)
- Schlumberger Business Consulting
- Shanghai Shenhua Holding
- Third Horizon Consulting Partners
- United Drug
- US Department of State.
For further information on this course, please visit our course webpage - http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/Courses/Masters/mba
- A minimum of three years' post-qualification work experience.- A good degree and / or professional qualification.- Applicants who do not have a degree are welcomed provided they can demonstrate high levels of achievement, exceptional career progression or evidence of leadership potential.