This programme will involve you in a demanding process of personal and leadership development, through engagement with project work for your own and/or external businesses.
The programme offers opportunities to reflect upon, evaluate and apply key Leadership and Management theories and concepts as well as encouraging creative and innovative thinking in the application of relevant management models. As you progress through your studies you will not just be taught academic theory related to the subject. You will be encouraged and supported to develop skills that will prepare you for developing your career in management, especially related to leadership and management.
The curriculum has been carefully designed to ensure that there is a balance of theory to application and that there regular opportunities for you to engage with the world of business. There will be regular guest input from business professionals, case studies and projects in modules that will allow you to apply your knowledge of the theory to a range of real-world business scenarios.
The overall aim of the programme is to develop you as a potential manager and leader with a sound understanding of the skills necessary to undertake a management or leadership role. You will:
• develop a critical, reflective and integrated understanding of Leadership and Management within a context of business sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics, helping you undertake effective roles within business organisations as part of a wider strategic team.
• be provided with opportunities for advanced study and practical application of the key concepts and concerns within business including the importance of coaching and mentoring in the development of business strategy and organisational culture.
• develop your self-awareness. This is grounded on positive and critical attitudes towards culture, diversity, change management and conflict management. The framework is created around the role of management and leadership in the context of a dynamic and vibrant business and management environment.
• be provided with the opportunities to apply theory into practice within complex environments, systematically and creatively in order to improve the use of Leadership and Management skills through project work with the MBA students and personal research.
• develop and enhance your lifelong learning skills and professional development in order to work with self-direction and originality.
• Researching Contemporary Business Issues
• Business & Sustainability
• Leadership & Management
• People Management
• International Business Strategy
• Organisational Change & Culture
• Leadership & Management Coaching
• Project Management
• Research Investigation
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please see the following link: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/how-to-apply/
Other sources of funding
Information on alternative sources of funding can be found here: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/student-services/money/funding-my-course/postgraduate-/postgraduate-funding-/
You must meet the University’s general entry criteria for postgraduate study (see View Website
).If your first language is not English, you need to take an IELTS test or an equivalent qualification accepted by the University (see View Website
).If you do not have traditional qualifications, you may be eligible for entry on the basis of Accredited Prior (Experiential) Learning (APL/APEL). We also consider applications for entry with advanced standing.