Are you attracted by a career in diplomacy or do you wish to further professionalize your diplomatic career? Then the Postgraduate in Economic Diplomacy is exactly what you are looking for. This academic postgraduate certificate offers you a specialized, comprehensive, and practically oriented programme that is unique in the world and designed to maximize your professional success.
The programme is organized by VUB's Brussels Diplomatic Academy http://www.vub.ac.be/en/brussels-diplomatic-academy
The postgraduate in International Trade and Investment is a comprehensive programme aiming at delivering graduates who are able to independently conduct international business practices like export, import, sourcing, investing, M&A and international alliance formation. Courses of high academic quality are enriched by hands-on input from practitioners. Skills workshops will guarantee an optimal functioning at professional level.
- Bachelors or masters aspiring for a career in international business.
- Lawyers, legal advisors, consultants, civil servants and politicians who want to acquire knowledge about the various aspects of international trade and investment.
- Professionals who wish to broaden or reorient their career in the field of international trade and investment.
- Business people who wish to further professionalise their knowledge and skills.
The postgraduate in International Trade and Investment offers you:
- A worldwide unique and specialized curriculum of 66 ECTS.
- A versatile programme that deals with the various aspects of international trade and investment.
- Practical orientation in order to maximize the professional success of its graduates.
- A transcontinental programme in international business. Students have the option to study in Washington D.C. and/or Shanghai.
- Internship services: an internship tutor assists the students in writing application letters, preparing for the interviews and identifying internship placements.
- Career services.
Graduates will be able to:
- understand the full picture of international trade and investment (legal, fiscal, insurance, VAT, required documents, finance, insurance,…)
- develop international business (export, import, international investment, M&A, international alliance formation)
- compete on the international project market (international tendering) and/or offering consultancy in this field
- understand international business strategy
- protect intellectual property rights
- conduct international negotiations
- lobby at national and international level
- deploy the necessary skills needed within international business
- deploy the proper attitudes required within international business
- operate within an international context
- understand the jargon of international business development
- detect business opportunities
- draft reports on a country’s various economic sectors (market reports or industry reports)
- discuss economic diplomacy and international business with business people, diplomats, bankers, consultants, legal advisers and lawyers.
The Postgraduate in Economic Diplomacy is the first and only transcontinental programme in economic diplomacy.
In the second semester, students have the following possibilities:
Following 18 ECTS in Washington D.C.
Following 18 ECTS in Shanghai
Following 9 ECTS in Washington D.C. and 9 ECTS in Shanghai
Enrolling for this study plan is possible after having obtained one of the following degrees:- Bachelor- MasterAdditionally, students should be proficient in English