The programme will introduce students to the field of clinical education, forming strong foundations of theoretical and practical knowledge, before completing modules that develop students’ research skills, equipping them with the necessary tools to undertake a substantial research project in the field of Clinical Education.
The Institute of Health and Society is one of the country’s major providers of education, training and research for the Health and Social Care workforce. We have a reputation for the highest quality provision, partnership working and delivery.
The Masters by Research (MRes) programme provides an opportunity for students to gain a qualification centred on an intensive piece of research. This advanced postgraduate degree provides an exciting opportunity for in-depth understanding and exploration of the rich landscape of educational issues.
The ethos of the programme is based on developing the essential research knowledge and skills related to the broad field of clinical education. All modules included on this degree are research focused and informed and centred on the development of the student as an independent researcher.
The Programme aims to prepare students to:
- Develop advanced research skills, and prepare for doctoral level study
- Engage the field of clinical education research in a range of professional contexts
- Meet the global need for highly trained individuals who can make informed decisions on future research directions
- Think for themselves in the development of a critical approach to the analysis of data and interpretation of published research.
Our MRes in Clinical Education offers you:
-Academic rigor: Gain a deeper understanding of your chosen subject area with a challenging combination of taught modules, research training and supervised research.
- Wide variety of research interests: We have a strong mix of academics with a high degree of professional, and personal experience enabling you to get the most out of both the taught and research element of your programme.
-Excellent supervision: Benefit from a professional, supportive, and challenging relationship with your supervisory team, drawn from experienced academics working at the forefront of their disciplines.
- Resources: Access to the University of Worcester
’s virtual resources and to the state-of-the-art library facilities.
Applicants are expected to have a First or Second Class Honours Degree or equivalent award in an appropriate discipline or have appropriate research or professional experience which has resulted in appropriate evidence of achievement.International applicants will also be required to demonstrate that they have the appropriate level of written and spoken English (normally IELTS score of 7.5).