The Masters in International Business Management is a new programme replacing our highly successful Masters in Management. The demands of the international economy, and the increasing globalisation of business and management practice, has led us to re-launch our programme with a new and exciting international focus and curriculum.
Drawing on established business disciplines we have produced a series of creative and challenging modules that reflect current themes and debates in international business and management. In addition we are able to offer an established programme in professional development, with mentoring, support, and a vibrant student community creating a stimulating and progressive learning environment.
See the website https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/management/courses/Pages/International-Business-Management---MSc-.aspx
Students will consider the following modules:
- Leadership, Team Building and Communication
- International Management: People and Operation
- Organizations and Culture in a Global Context
- Creativity, Marketing and Enterprise
- Globalisation and Contemporary Issues in Business and Management
- Global Systems and Strategy
- Professional Development and Practice in Business and Management
- Business Analysis
- International Research Project
Extra curricula features include:
- A series of yearlong postgraduate skills workshops focusing upon both academic and business skills.
- A fully integrated Professional Development Programme.
- A teaching programme that is fully supported with on and off line resources, including the Blackboard virtual learning environment.
- Guest lectures by academic and business experts. Experts will be used to enhance learning and provide specialist knowledge and experience.
- A full system of student support and guidance from dedicated student support staff.
- An outward-bound activity induction programme.
Learning & Teaching
The MSc is based around a workshop based delivery approach, which encourages interaction and team working. The programme is designed to leave days free to enable students to successfully undertake independent study.
The programme of study is based around a highly creative Moodle learning environment, which is used extensively in both teaching and learning delivery, and assessment. Students will receive a regular Podmag – podcast style MSc magazine, which is produced by staff, and keeps students up-to-date with the latest things going on within the Business School, and wider academic issues.
Students will also be given the opportunity to produce their own! A wide range of trips and activities will be offered over the year, many of which are fully integrated into the programme and the modules studied.
Assess on the programme is all via coursework, and will take a variety of formats including essay, reflective evaluations, case study analysis, marketing plans and presentations.
Employability & Careers
This Masters programme offers students a wide variety of business and management career opportunities, both in domestic and international markets. Businesses are increasingly looking for international business knowledge and skills, the focus of this programme.
Past students have found employment as management consultants, project managers, and entered on to a variety of graduate employment schemes within many top firms both in the UK and overseas.
Find information on Scholarships here https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/scholarships
Find out how to apply here https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/howtoapply
All students should hold a first degree or equivalent, with a minimum 2:2 award. Although management experience is not essential it is desirable. Students who do not hold such qualifications will be assessed as to their suitability through interview and where necessary the taking of references. Students whose first language is other than English will need to provide evidence of fluency to at least IELTS 6.0.