This popular vocational programme is designed to meet the needs of accounting graduates who wish to pursue a career as an Irish Chartered Accountant. It is an academically challenging programme which attracts high calibre accounting graduates. It allows students to combine a postgraduate master's qualification with study for professional examinations.
- A highly desirable feature of the programme is the level of sponsorship provided by employers. Students being sponsored on the programme receive payment of tuition fees, generous book allowances and in some instances loans and laptops. Recent employers and sponsors of graduates include BDO, Deloitte, EY, FPM, KPMG and PwC.
- Accredited by Chartered Accountants Ireland for the purpose of exemption from some professional exams.
- As a result of the considerable exemptions from CAI examinations and the support from local employers, the employment prospects for a student completing this programme are excellent, currently exceeding 95%.
Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/courses/course-finder/201617/advanced-accounting-8986
- Description -
This well established and popular 'dual award' programme is designed to meet the needs of accounting graduates who wish to pursue a career as an Irish Chartered Accountant. It is an academically challenging one-year taught programme which encompasses both professional and conceptual material, enabling accounting graduates to study for a master's award and at the same time gain exemptions from professional examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland. It is one of the leading programmes of its kind in Ireland and is the result of close collaboration with CAI, and the in-depth experience and expertise of the course team.
- Course purpose -
It is an aim of the programme to develop the high level of skills, understanding and leadership capability considered necessary for embarking on a career as a Chartered Accountant, and to obtain a deeper understanding of the contemporary problems and issues faced by accounting and business professionals. The master's dissertation element of the programme will enable students to develop their research and analytical skills further by completing a piece of primary research.
This Master's degree is designed for career preparation in the accounting profession.
The goal of the programme is to produce high-calibre graduates who will progress quickly through their professional training and advance to senior management positions either within professional practice or industry.
How to apply: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply#pg
Why study at Ulster?
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We are an international university with more than 2,000 international students from over 80 countries and Alumni from 121 countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five* or ten* equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting http://www.ulster.ac.uk/learnyourway
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships
English Language Tuition
CELT offers courses and consultations in English language and study skills to Ulster University
students of all subjects, levels and nationalities. Students and researchers for whom English is an additional language can access free CELT support throughout the academic year: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/english-language-support