The MA Media Management and Policy provides students and professionals alike with the opportunity to study current Media Practice underpinned with sound academic theory.
- Guest lecturers from the highest levels the Media Industry will complement University staff.
- This course is recognised by Creative Skillset, Sector Skills Council and carries the Creative Skillset Tick for the purposes of indicating courses best suited to prepare for a Creative Industries career.
Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/courses/course-finder/201617/media-management-and-policy-9027
- Description -
The MA Media Management and Policy provides students and professionals alike with the opportunity to study current Media Practice underpinned with sound academic theory. Guest lecturers from the highest levels the Media Industry will complement University staff.
There are two strands to the course; practice based modules in Concept Development, Producing and Media Management and theoretical modules in Distribution, New Media and Emergent Media forms. Assessment by essay and project.
- Teaching and learning assessment -
100% Coursework. Assessment by Practice using industry models, such as Proposals, Pitches, Budgets, Scripts. Academic component assessed by critical and reflective writing through Essays, Reports and Dissertation.
- Work placement / study abroad -
Past Graduates have obtained funding and visa support for travel and expenses from One World Media to film in Africa. Staff links to industry in North America. Erasmus links to study in Europe.
Recent graduates new to the media sector have found work in the film and broadcast industry in production and production management; media professionals already working in the industry have progressed into higher levels of management and media educators have found the programme allowed them to obtain a masters degree in their own area of specialism.
How to apply: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply#pg
Why study at Ulster?
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We are an international university with more than 2,000 international students from over 80 countries and Alumni from 121 countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five or ten equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting http://www.ulster.ac.uk/learnyourway
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships
English Language Tuition
CELT offers courses and consultations in English language and study skills to Ulster University
students of all subjects, levels and nationalities. Students and researchers for whom English is an additional language can access free CELT support throughout the academic year: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/english-language-support