In contrast to traditional methods of communication, digital media channels facilitate greater consumer interactivity and empowerment. In a highly competitive and connected global marketplace the unique properties of digital media communication can therefore present both opportunities and challenges for firms. Increasingly, communication professionals are expected to embrace digital media to encourage customer and partner engagement. Equally, professionals in technical roles are now required to apply their knowledge of digital media more strategically to drive business value.
Recognising the vital role of digital media for effective organisational and business communication, and the growing importance of open, collaborative working practices, this course combines expertise from both technical and communication disciplines to provide an enriching and multidisciplinary learning environment.
Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/courses/course-finder/201617/digital-media-communication-12684
- Description -
Specifically, this course will provide you with the opportunity to:
- critically assess the changing communication and technology landscape to establish strong foundations and confidence in decision making in an ever changing digital environment
- compare and contrast a variety of online digital media communication tools and techniques
- apply the latest online digital media communication tools and services to achieve business communication objectives in support of organisational goals.
- Purpose -
The purpose of this programme is to enable both practicing and aspiring professionals in the business, communication and information technology sectors to better understand how to leverage digital media technologies and platforms to achieve competitive advantage.
- Teaching and learning assessment -
Learning and teaching will take place through a series of lectures; seminars (both face to face and online); industry guest speakers; group work and case-integrated learning.
Assessment Methods: 100% coursework which includes: class presentations; group work; critical analysis, strategy development, and campaign development reports.
This course enables both practicing and aspiring professionals in the business, marketing, communication and information technology sectors to better understand how to leverage digital media technologies and services to achieve competitive advantage.
How to apply: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply#pg
Why study at Ulster?
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We are an international university with more than 2,000 international students from over 80 countries and Alumni from 121 countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five* or ten* equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting http://www.ulster.ac.uk/learnyourway
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships
English Language Tuition
CELT offers courses and consultations in English language and study skills to Ulster University
students of all subjects, levels and nationalities. Students and researchers for whom English is an additional language can access free CELT support throughout the academic year: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/english-language-support