Whether you are intending to practice in the City, in a commercial firm, in a small high-street practice or in a niche area of law, our LLM in Advanced Legal Practice will give you the broad and rigorous foundation you need.
There are different options to complete your LLM in Advanced Legal Practice, which allow you to focus on your continuing professional development as a reflective practitioner, with responsibility for your own development and learning. This reflects the SRA's new Continuing Professional Development regime.
Our LLM in Advanced Legal Practice equips you with an LLM qualification and includes the Legal Practice Course (LPC) needed for professional practice as a Solicitor. Our LPC is the longest established in Bristol, with strong links with the legal community and training contract opportunities.
You will study in our modern, dedicated LPC teaching and common rooms, an ideal learning environment not just for your scheduled workshops but for private study as well. You will also have access to:
• three mock courtrooms where you can develop your advocacy skills
• dedicated study rooms for independent or group work
• an online interactive learning environment for practising case working skills, using technology that feels exactly like that of a modern professional law office.
• Business Law and Practice
• Civil and Criminal Litigation
• Property Law and Practice
• Interviewing and Advising
• Practical Legal Research
• Writing, Drafting and Advocacy
• Solicitor's Accounts
• Professional Conduct and Regulation
• Wills and Administration of Estates
• Commercial Law
• Employment Law
• Family Law and Practice
• Private Client (Estate Planning)
• Public Company Finance
• Intellectual Property and Competition Law
• Advanced Criminal Litigation
• Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
• Commercial Property
• Media and Entertainment Law
• Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
• Public Childcare and Housing Law Practice
Tuition is provided by a small, dedicated team of solicitors, who ensure the course is relevant, up to date and, above all, prepares you fully for practice. You will gain critical awareness of how legal practice works, and develop the foundations of the legal skills you will need to excel in your role as a solicitor.
Careers / Further study
The LLM in Advanced Legal Practice prepares you for a successful career as a solicitor. Many of our graduates have gone on to practice in the City, or in commercial firms, small high-street legal practices or niche areas of law. UWE Bristol alumni can be found in almost every local firm.
How to apply
Information on applications can be found at the following link: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/study/applyingtouwebristol/postgraduateapplications.aspx
- New Postgraduate Master's loans for 2016/17 academic year –
The government are introducing a master’s loan scheme, whereby master’s students under 60 can access a loan of up to £10,000 as a contribution towards the cost of their study. This is part of the government’s long-term commitment to enhance support for postgraduate study.
Scholarships and other sources of funding are also available.
More information can be found here: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/feesandfunding/fundingandscholarships/postgraduatefunding.aspx
You will need to have completed a:• qualifying law degree (second class lower division or above); or• Graduate Diploma in Law