With a focus on practical application as well as theoretical knowledge, you’ll develop in a way that will take your career to new heights.
• Develop your management and leadership skills, including change management, critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiation and social networking.
• Improve your understanding of the importance of creativity and innovation, and develop effective strategies for presenting and selling your ideas.
• Widen your knowledge and experience by engaging with fellow participants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
• Study in a beautiful campus location, situated in rolling parkland, but just a few minutes away from the lively city of Brighton and within easy reach of Gatwick airport and London.
• Our flexible, modular course structure allows you to combine work and study effectively, gaining an MBA qualification in 2 years (part time) or 1 year (full time)
• Delivered by leading academics and industry experts.
• You receive individual support and innovative teaching in small groups.
You study the following modules:
Economic, Social, Political and Cultural Environment – Understanding Business Environments
Accounting and Financial Management
Strategy and Leadership
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Managing People and Organisations
Managing Operations and Quality
MBA Final Project.
Each module uses a blend of learning methods consisting of two 2-day blocks of small-group, interactive teaching time on Fridays and Saturdays.
Modules are taught in separated blocks to allow time for further reflection on concepts and application of knowledge.
During the final stage, you will work on your MBA Final Project where you can focus on an area of specific interest.
FULL TIME – 1 YEAR
In between modules, students undertake independent study and have the opportunity to work on real-organisation projects.
PART TIME – 2 YEARS
The part-time MBA allows you to balance study with work, family and other commitments. The 8 modules plus the final project are spread over a 2 year period.
To be eligible for the Sussex MBA you need at least three years’ management experience in a professional work environment, and will normally hold a first- or second-class undergraduate honours degree or equivalent professional qualification.
Assessment is based on the application of knowledge and skills to practical examples from the students’ own working experience, and includes:
• Group work, including written reports and presentations
• Individual written work such as essays and case analyses, formal examinations or tests.
Sussex MBA Scholarships are available. For full details please visit: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/fees-and-scholarships/pgt2016/view/624