If you’re looking to progress your career in construction management, or you want to find employment in the sector in the UK, this course is designed with you in mind. During your time with us, you’ll learn how to successfully organise and plan complex construction projects, diagnose corporate problems, and manage project teams, procurement, finance and risk.
• The full Masters degree is RICS accredited
• Combine study and your career with our innovative distance learning option from anywhere in the world
• Operate effectively and accurately in areas of construction law
Visit the website: http://www.salford.ac.uk/pgt-courses/construction-management
This course will enable lawyers and built environment professionals including surveyors, engineers and architects, to operate more effectively in areas of construction practice which involve construction law. The course is ideally suited to practising professionals.
• Course development has been led by industry to ensure that material is relevant to current industry trends and emerging future skills areas in construction management
• Emphasis is given to practical knowledge, skills and tools for a rewarding career in construction
• This course offers a structured route to obtaining the knowledge and understanding required to practice construction management.
• This course provides hands-on training in the use of state-of-the-art software tools and techniques.
On campus study is study is delivered by a variety of learning and teaching methods. Lectures introduce new material and provide the core knowledge base for each module. Tutorials offer the opportunity for discussion and debate with personalised instruction from lecturers. Project work is an important aspect of the course enabling you to initiate and control research or other techniques to develop solutions to prescribed tasks. Throughout the course expert guest lecturers in various fields are invited to deliver lectures.
Distance learning uses an internet-based learning environment backed up by intensive tutor support. Weekly online tutorials are led by tutors with student interaction. Our online repository of learning material enables you to undertake self directed study at your own convenience. Learning is driven by real-world problems aligned to your workplace and job role.
• Performance and Integration Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Project and Production Management
• Finance and Risk Management
You will be assessed through:
• Written coursework (100%)
• Continuous informal assessment by your tutors
On this course, you’ll gain the legal knowledge you’ll need to perform your current role more effectively or to move into a new role relating to construction law. Construction law and practice affects professionals throughout the construction industry. Graduates of this course have included surveyors, architects, engineers, planners, construction managers, financial managers, solicitors and lawyers.
How to apply: http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying
A minimum of a second class undergraduate honours degree in a relevant discipline, or a minimum of a second class undergraduate honours degree in an unrelated discipline and significant relevant work experience within the built environment, or a recognised appropriate professional qualification such as RICS or CIOB