This programme will increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of national and international social business models and sustainable marketing functions.
• Gain specialist knowledge around social enterprise and sustainability to become the social business leaders of tomorrow
• Learn to develop creative and original solutions to address key social problems
• Opportunity to take a live Business Innovation Project and prepare you for a career in social businesses
Visit the website: http://www.salford.ac.uk/pgt-courses/social-business-and-sustainable-marketing
This programme is suitable for those who do not necessarily have a background in business or business-related studies, and who wish to develop their knowledge of social business, sustainability and marketing.
This course is also ideal if you are passionate about working in the third sector, and is also highly recommended if you are already working in this sector and want to further your career.
This programme aims to achieve the following:
• Develop the effectiveness of the individual as a social business manager capable of operating in national and international environments, thus enhancing their attractiveness to a potential employer.
• Develop an integrated and critical understanding of the social business and sustainable marketing functions and their place in the development of effective organisational strategies in both commercial and non-commercial sectors.
• Develop critical awareness of the role of marketing in relation to social business, sustainability and marketing ethics.
• Develop participants’ ability to work on their own and with others, in systematically and creatively applying knowledge of theory and practice to resolving societal/sustainable marketing problems faced by organisations in commercial and non-commercial sectors.
Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials using a wide range of learning activities. Tutorials allow you to reflect on lecture materials and benefit from discussion and group work.
Various approaches are offered to meet the needs of both full and part-time students. Course delivery is designed to be flexible and includes choices of evening and weekend attendance where possible.
Substantial use is made of distance learning through the University's Virtual Learning Environment, and a wide range of academic journals and texts are available in both paper and electronic formats.
• Social Business
• Marketing and Services Management
• Marketing International Business: Branding, Communications and Business Relationships
• Search and Social Media Marketing Business Innovation Project:
• Business Innovation Project
• Live Project
Over the duration of your course a range of assessment techniques will be used. Types of assessment include; essays, assignments, case studies, exams, online tests, group reports and portfolio work.
Generally there are two career routes open to graduates:
- Self-employed entrepreneur
- Employed within NGOs, public sector organisations or charities
This is a new course therefore, no examples of career routes for our graduates are offered. However, it is envisaged that students completing this programme will seek employment either via the creation of their own social enterprise or gain employment with NGOs, public sector, charities or government.
How to apply: http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying
Normally a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent or successful completion of the Graduate Certificate International Management. A wide range of professional qualifications are also accepted either in partial or complete fulfilment of entry requirements. Where a student has gained a recognised Honours degree but does not meet the normal entry qualification requirement, they may still be considered for entry if they can demonstrate relevant work experience of a minimum two years duration post study and acceptable level of responsibility. Start Dates: September; January; March; June; November; July.