This course is designed for graduates from a non-business discipline wanting to develop their skills and knowledge in order to become a successful manager in a global business organisation.
• Enhance your career prospects with an excellent masters qualification specialising in global business and management
• Build on existing management skills to strengthen your personal performance and benefit your organisation
• Put global management theory into real practice with an exciting Business Innovation Project
Visit the website: http://www.salford.ac.uk/pgt-courses/global-management
You will learn about and critically evaluate evidence-based best practice to inform and improve your own skills.
If you are already working as a manager, you will seriously enhance your capabilities, improve your career prospects, and achieve a highly-regarded management qualification.
Graduates who want to establish a career in management or for existing managers who wish to develop their skills and enhance their future career prospects. It is also an excellent choice if you do not meet the work-experience requirements required for entry to the MBA.
Format and assessment
The programme is block delivered and there are six entry points per year. Students will take the modules below in a sequence dependent on their start date.
- Semester 1 -
• Strategic International Business Management
• International Financial Management
- Semester 2 -
• Marketing and Service Management
• Operations and Information Management
- Semester 3 -
- Business Innovation Project (BIP)
For the final third of your studies you can choose from 4 differing pathways, all of which are designed to accommodate your career aspirations and enhance your professional practice:
• Internship - 3 month opportunity to develop your skills working in partnership with an organisation.
• Live Project - 3 month group project activity researching a commercial project.
• Dissertation - traditional 3 month research pathway.
• Placement - 6 month paid work experience implementing a commercial project.
You will gain a highly regarded formal qualification, as well as personal and organisational management skills that will enhance your career prospects.
The CIPD Manchester, Merseyside and Lancashire branches are led by graduates from the programme. This course will provide you with flexible employment opportunities leading to potential roles with a variety of management-level national and international sectors.
Recent Salford Business School graduates have gained employment with leading companies including:
• Ernst & Young
• Dixons Group plc
• British Airways
• Cooperative Insurance Services
• American Express
• Office of the Legal Services Ombudsman
• Premier Travel Inn
• Thomson Holidays
• DTS Logistics
• Greater Manchester Police
• The NHS
How to apply: http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying
Normally a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent or successful completion of the Graduate Certificate International Management. A wide range of professional qualifications are also accepted either in partial or complete fulfilment of entry requirements. Start Dates: September; January; March; June; November; July.