The Master in Economics provides complementary education in the economic sciences at University of Porto
. The programme is therefore targeted at students, who wish to expand their basis training in economics (particularly recent economics, finance and management graduates) via an improvement of their skills in relation to a range of economic analysis tools.
Part of QTEM – international university network
The Master in Economics offers a programme track taught in English, in addition to the one taught in Portuguese. The English track is part of the QTEM international university network, which means that the Master in Economics, firstly, facilitates access by the best students to international study within the QTEM network and, secondly,is a student-friendly option for exchange students from participating foreign institutions.
Flexible studies plan
The flexibility of the plan of studies means that students can design a course curriculum that meets their specific objectives whether this is joining the employment market and flexibility in that market, or access to PhD programmes in Economics of recognised international prestige.
Personal monitoring of each student
The Master in Economics programme stresses the individual monitoring of the progress of each student, including the coherent selection of specialisations, and a timely supervision of the required dissertation, work project or internship, based on the quality, experience and dedication of the faculty and academic staff. Support also comprises international mobility options, careers advice and job market preparation training.
The Master in Economics is in the 32nd place in the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2015-2016 of the best programmes of Economics in Western Europe.
Why study at FEP?
• UPorto is a worldwide highly-ranked university
• FEP belongs to QTEM Masters International Network that gathers outstanding students from 13 top economics schools worldwide
• Dual degrees (Master in Management, Master in Finance and PhD in Economics with Kedge Business School, University of Kozminski and LASER – Lombardy Advanced School of Economic Research, respectively)
• Top students
• Teaching quality and research-oriented faculty
• Knowledge and professional skills
• Exchange opportunities in prestigious international academic partners
• Extracurricular activities
• Academic and professional integration support services
• Access to numerous internships and recruitement opportunities
• Notorious and wide alumni network
• Vibrant student life: sports, culture, leisure
• Porto has won twice The Best European Travel destination awards (2012 and 2014) [email protected]
School of Economics and Management, University of Porto
Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200-464 Porto
Phone + 351 225 571 100
From March 28 to April 11, 2016