Gain the skills to understand and manage innovation in both entrepreneurial and established firms.
You will learn how to successfully manage both technology and organisational innovation and how to lead innovative teams and organisations. You will also learn how the innovation process works, how companies organise to take advantage of internal and external sources of innovation, how to carry out technology investment appraisal and forecasting future innovation trends.
Teaching and assessment places strong emphasis on developing analytical and critical skills, research training, personal communication skills and effective team-working, providing an excellent basis to pursue a variety of careers across all sectors. These include engineers and leaders of innovative teams, entrepreneurs in technology-driven organisations, academic research or teaching.
This course is available on a full or part-time basis.
for more details.
Manchester Enterprise Centre
The Centre provides a range of enterprise and entrepreneurship extra-curricular activities that help develop the skills and aptitudes necessary for graduates in the very competitive world of work.
Find out more at http://www.alliancembs.manchester.ac.uk/enterprise
Recent recruiters include: ASDA, BNY Mellon, Cap Gemini, Cisco Systems, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, IBM, JP Morgan, Lakhmichand Cooverjie & Co, KPMG, Panasonic, PT Telekomunikasi, Tesco plc, Vodafone Group Services Ltd.
Some graduates also set-up their own ventures such as ZenGuard.
Course structure (All taught course units are 15 credits)
– Financial Appraisal and Investment Economics
– High Technology Entrepreneurship
– Innovation and the Knowledge Economy
– Innovation Management
– Research Methods
Three elective units from*:
– Business Creation and Development
– Case Studies in Technology Strategy and Innovation
– Developing Enterprising Individuals
– Innovation and Market Strategy
– International Competitiveness, Business Strategy and Innovation Management
– Regional, National and Global Dimensions of Science, Technology and Innovation
* By agreement with the Course Director, one elective unit may be taken from another Alliance
MBS Masters course. All elective units are subject to availability and timetabling constraints
Dissertation (60 credits)
– Apply what you have learned in the taught part of the course
– Normally consists of a literature review followed by a piece of work based on qualitative or quantitative research.
Examples of recent dissertation project topics:
– Exploring the role of Corporate Social Responsibility driven eco-innovation for firm sustainability
– Opportunities and challenges from open innovation between UK universities and the pharmaceutical industry
– Dynamic capabilities and deploying big data for the development of the Chilean retail sector
– Innovation patterns in after-sales for the commercial vehicles sector in India
– Online innovative strategies to improve competitiveness and customer relationships in China
– Studying user involvement in medical device innovation processes in the UK
Masters information sessions
We are hosting a series of informal information sessions for undergraduates who are thinking about pursuing a Master’s course at Alliance Manchester Business School.
Our Masters courses aren't just for business graduates - from business analytics to operations, and marketing to finance, we have 17 courses to choose from. Join us to meet a careers advisor, admissions staff and current students and discover how our courses can boost your career prospects.
Also, a number of graduates have the opportunity to progress directly onto the Full-time MBA programme as a Young Potential Leader - could you be one of them?
Choose from the following dates:
Wednesday 15 February 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
Wednesday 15 March 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
Wednesday 26 April 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
Wednesday 10 May 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
All events are held in the Atrium, Alliance MBS East building (on the corner of Oxford Road and Booth Street East) - number 26 on the campus map.
For further information and to register your interest in attending, please see the Alliance MBS website: http://www.mbs.ac.uk/masters/meet-us.aspx
2:1, most disciplines. TOEFL/IELTS may be required for non-UK students. Apply now! You can submit your application before you graduate.