Find out more about this programme at our Postgraduate Open Day on Wednesday 22 March 2017. To register, visit: http://www.liverpool.ac.uk/pg/openday
Professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, this programme is ideal for developing a career as a marketing practitioner or in related professions.
The opportunity to benefit from a range of exemptions from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional qualification modules, which are highly sought by employers.
- The chance to undertake innovative forms of assessment involving live projects in order to blend theory with practice. Students have worked hands-on with various public and private sector organisations (e.g. Liverpool City Council, Liverpool University Library, Woolton Cinema, Liverpool Farmers’ Markets) providing a diverse range of answers to real marketing problems.
- A working knowledge of contemporary marketing issues. Coursework on recent modules has included topics such as analysis of consumer behaviour regarding social media and music downloading.
- Networking opportunities with marketing experts. In addition to a dynamic range of academic staff, guest lectures from Marketing Directors and Marketing Consultants provide real-world expertise and advice for students.
- The chance to take part in a vibrant research environment, enriched by major international marketing conferences and seminars held at the university and hosted by the School’s Marketing group.
- This 12-month programme consists of eight taught compulsory modules followed by a Strategic Business Analysis/Dissertation carried out over the summer period upon completion of Semester Two.
Students successfully completing the programme will have exemption from the Strategic Marketing module on the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) Level 6 professional qualification. They have three years after graduating to complete two further modules to gain the CIM Diploma.
27th in the UK for 4* and 3* (world leading and internationally excellent), 100% impact and 88% environment at 4* and 3*.
'Learning to make a difference'
AACSB-Accredited, the University of Liverpool
Management School is in the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Regarded as one of the most rigorous assessments, many top global recruiters will only consider candidates from AACSB-Accredited schools – a clear signal that our programmes respond to the needs of business and meet specific standards of excellence.
The University of Liverpool
Management School works with today's leaders in business and management to prepare its students to be the leaders of the future. The school's mission is 'Learning to make a difference' and there is a fundamental belief that the purpose of the School's research and teaching is to develop students who are not only good managers, but individuals who are truly committed to making a difference. We hope that our students will use the knowledge and skills they gain here in their future roles to help solve some of the most endemic problems individuals, enterprises and communities face.
The aim of this programme is to jointly prepare tomorrow’s business leaders with unique exposure to the rapidly evolving field of Big Data and the opportunities, challenges and developments associated with running or expanding digital business enterprises.
From the moment you start your MSc you will have access to a specialist careers team which includes a professionally qualified MSc Careers Adviser and a dedicated International Employer Engagement Officer.
Normally a university degree in Social Sciences, Arts, Humanities and other relevant disciplines with a minimum of 2:1 standard from a UK university, or an equivalent academic qualification from a similar non-UK institution is required. This programme assumes no prior knowledge of marketing, and is therefore less suitable for applicants with a first degree in marketing.