Our MSc Economics and Finance takes a sophisticated look at micro and macroeconomics and the methodology of econometric research. It builds on this essential knowledge with modules such as international business finance and financial derivatives.
You will acquire a solid grounding in corporate finance and financial economics tools commonly used in financial services and quantitative investment analysis and research.
This Masters degree is recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). This means you may be able to obtain funding for the Masters if you have already negotiated a PhD place. Please our PhD pages for more information: business.leeds.ac.uk/phd
This Masters course will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills to pursue a career in finance and economics, and certifies your abilities for prospective employers.
Graduates of our MSc Economics and Finance have careers worldwide as advisers, researchers and quantitative analysts in economic and financial institutions, consultancy and public service.
The Masters degree also provides a sound basis for you to study at PhD level.
The deadline for International applications is 31 March 2017.
The deadline for UK/EU applications is 31 August 2017.
For further guidance on how to apply, visit: http://business.leeds.ac.uk/masters/how-to-apply/
You can logon from anywhere to join one of these one hour events, which will include:
- Introduction to Leeds University Business School and Masters study
- Advice from one of our Professional Development Tutors, with examples of the career skills you can build and the major companies we work with
- Guidance on how to apply for postgraduate study from our admissions team
- Opportunity to ask your questions
The dates for our next online events are below:
- Thursday 15 December 2016
- Wednesday 22 February 2017
Our Masters Open Days are an opportunity to visit in person, learn more about our Masters degrees and meet our staff. Activities include:
- Presentations, talks and Q&A with academic directors
- Business School tour
- Speak to admissions, academic teaching teams and current Masters students
Our next Masters Open Days:
- Thursday 6 April 2017
- Wednesday 21 June 2017
Please visit our website for further information and to book your place: http://business.leeds.ac.uk/masters/meet-us-at-an-event/
You should have a good first degree (2:1 or higher), with a background in economics and quantitative subjects.