With an emphasis on international business, acquire the tools, techniques and concepts on how international business is conducted.
The MSc in Management (International Business) provides an insight into a number of areas of general management, with particular emphasis on key aspects of international business.
It equips you with the necessary tools, techniques and concepts to understand how international business is conducted and how firms and countries can thrive in today’s global marketplace.
Graduates typically pursue careers in multinational enterprises, international organisations, governmental bodies or consultancies.
The Business School has a wide range of funding opportunities (https://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/courses/msc/funding.html
) for postgraduate students, which include Scholarships, Bursaries, the Double Loyalty Scheme for progressing University of Kent
undergraduates and our Early Bird Scheme. The Early Bird entitles students who apply early (before 31 March 2016) and commit early, 10% off their tuition fees.
For more information on funding available from the University of Kent
, please visit the Student Funding page - https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/
About Kent Business School
Kent Business School has over 25 years’ experience delivering business education. Our portfolio of postgraduate programmes (https://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/courses/msc/index.html
) demonstrates the breadth and depth of our expertise. Academic research and links with global business inform our teaching, ensuring a curriculum that is relevant and current. We are ranked as a top 30 UK business school for the standard of our teaching and student satisfaction. We also hold a number of accreditations by professional bodies - https://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/whychooseus/rank-accred.html
Studying at Kent Business School (KBS) gives you the opportunity to increase your employability with real-life case studies, a student council and a business society. We have strong links to local and national organisations providing opportunities for projects, internships and graduate placements. The School attracts many high-profile speakers from industry and last year included visits and lectures from staff of the Bank of England, BAE Systems, Barclays, Lloyds Insurance, Cummins, Delphi and Kent County Council.
The School currently has 60 PhD students, who form a dynamic and close-knit research community.
In the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, we were placed 25th (out of 101 institutions) in the UK for research intensity in business and management studies and 98% of our research was judged to be of international quality. The School’s environment was judged to be conducive to supporting the development of research of international excellence.
The School was also ranked 24th for its breadth and depth of research across the whole community of research active staff by the Association of Business Schools.
Teaching in the School is informed by the latest research and the changing needs of the global business environment. Our international teaching staff are all experts in their field of study and are regularly published in leading journals worldwide. They guide and support your learning, not only in current best practice in your chosen area of study, but also in emerging new concepts and theories, and the latest business thinking.
This programme aims to:
- provide a pre-experience Master’s programme for those wishing to pursue a career in business and management
- educate you as a manager and business specialist and thus improve the quality of management as a profession
- prepare you for, and/or develop, a career in business and management by developing your skills at a professional or equivalent level, or as preparation for research or further study in the area
- add value to your first degree by helping you to develop an integrated, critically aware understanding of management and organisations and assist them in taking effective roles within them
- develop your knowledge and understanding of organisations, the external context in which they operate and how they are managed
- help you to develop an appropriate range of cognitive, critical and intellectual skills, research skills and relevant personal and interpersonal skills
- foster enhancement of your lifelong learning skills and personal development, so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large
- bring the scholarly and critical insights of the social sciences to bear on the subjects, activities and processes associated with the management of organisations
- provide teaching and learning opportunities that are informed by high-quality research and scholarship, from within the Kent Business School and elsewhere.
- build on the University’s close ties with European institutions
- support national and regional economic success via the development opportunities offered by the programme, including those related to an understanding of international business practices.
You gain much more than an academic qualification when you graduate from Kent Business School – we enhance your student experience and accelerate your career prospects.
In today’s business climate employers are increasingly demanding more from new employees, we are therefore proud that they continually target our graduates for their organisations across the globe. Employers respect our robust teaching and reputation for delivering international business expertise, leading global research and an outstanding international learning experience.
From the moment you start with us, our efforts are focused on helping you gain the knowledge, skills and experience you need to thrive in an increasingly competitive workplace.
Graduates have gone on to work for companies including, Deloitte, Fujitsu Services Ltd, Pace Capital, Ciry Sprint, J.P Morgan & Chase and BP.
Kent Business School is a member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EMFD), CIPD, CIM and the Association of Business Schools (ABS). In addition, KBS is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Learn more about Kent
Visit us - https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit/openday/pgevents.html
International Students - https://www.kent.ac.uk/internationalstudent/
Why study at Kent? - https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/why/
Students who wish to apply for a higher degree should have a good honours degree from the UK or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in a non-business-related discipline. Consideration will be given to those applicants holding a good second class honours degree.Applicants without an honours degree may also be considered on the basis of work experience, professional qualifications and the relevance of the programme to their current professional role.