This programme will not have a 2016 intake as the content is being extensively improved.
The programme aims to offer a rational, flexibly structured
and coherent postgraduate study in Automatic Control. While
providing advanced general knowledge in Electronic Engineering, the programme is specifically focussed on nonlinear control principles, measurement instrumentation, simulations and implementation of feedback control.
The programme is designed to provide specific skills for individuals who wish to become a control engineer in manufacturing or research and development in industry sectors, or to pursue a PhD in control engineering.
With a track record of 20 years, the research group Control & Intelligent Control Systems Engineering at the University of Hull
has an international reputation for its initiatives in the field of fault diagnostics of dynamic systems. This expertise along with its staff’s teaching experience in control engineering supports the masters programme.
The course will provide students with:
• advanced knowledge of control principles including
multivariable feedback control and nonlinear control
• essential knowledge of control systems configuration,
algorithm design and evaluation,
• a general knowledge of advanced computer simulation
and measurement instrumentation,
• skills in the software and hardware implementation of
control the latest computer modelling and simulation
• research experience in control applications in the
• experience of undertaking a significant relevant
• Multivariable feedback control
• Robotic manipulator control
• Machine vision
• Applied Optoelectronics
• Time Signal Processing and Integrated Circuit Design
• Low Power/Voltage Design and VHDL
• Advanced Digital Systems Design
• Microwave Devices, Techniques and Measurements
• Communication Systems
• Intellectual property rights
• Research skills and project planning
Applicants will normally expect to hold a 2:1 in Electronic Engineering or related disciplines, although applicants with degrees in other subjects such as Computer, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or Mathematics etc may also be considered. Applications will also be considered from people with 2:2 degrees and relevant post graduation experience. International applicants should have achieved a good standard in the English language (IELTS 6.0, TOEFL score 550 or equivalent).
The standard University fees apply to this programme. International (non EU) students may apply for a bursary towards the cost of their tuition fees.