About the course
The PgDip in Commercial and Workplace Mediation covers:
- The background and context of conflict including causes, academic and legal background and current developments. It introduces and builds participants’ mediation techniques and skills and includes mediation management
- The relationship between power, prejudice and culture affecting conflict and mediation
- How stereotypes and prejudices might affect Mediators’ ability to mediate
See the website http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/commercial-and-workplace-mediation
The course will also help you:
- Develop self-awareness of both strengths and areas for development as a mediator
- Lead and manage all stages of the mediation process
Commercial and Workplace Mediation is:
- Designed to comply with the highest standards set by the UK Civil Mediation Council
- Nationally-recognised qualification accredited by the University of Hertfordshire
and leading to a Level 7 Award
- Taught by top experienced mediators using real case-based role-play in a practical teaching environment
- University-based in a unique state of the art ‘teaching hospital’ setting
- Practical hands-on role-play work using real scenarios with real Mediators
Why choose this course?
The Commercial and Workplace Mediation course is designed as a practical, fully-accredited modular professional course. It prepares successful participants to practice as Mediators in a wide range of dispute areas including civil and commercial cases.
The core skills can be further extended at advanced and specialist levels by way of other stand-alone short courses in further areas including
- Small Claims
- Telephone Mediation
- Mediation Advocacy
Highly experienced top Practitioner Mediators from leading CMC Workplace Registered Mediation organisation InterMediation will provide both lectures and workshops with practical role-play learning based on actual practice experience and cases.
This panel has delivered training accredited by The Law Society and others for over a decade as well as at post-graduate university level in a number of disciplines.
These courses are nationally-recognised as Level 7 professional post-graduate level teaching leading to the University of Hertfordshire
award of a Post-Graduate Certificate or Diploma.
Moderation and external and independent assessment of the candidates ensures the highest professional standards of teaching and participant achievement.
The courses are designed to build in modular form to comply with the requirements of the UK Civil Mediation Council to enable Ministry of Justice and HM Courts and Tribunals Service recognition through an Accredited and Registered Workplace Mediation Provider.
Find out how to apply here http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/commercial-and-workplace-mediation#how-to-apply
Find information on Scholarships here http://www.herts.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-funding/scholarships/postgraduate
An honours degree in any discipline from a UK institution or equivalent level qualification from an overseas institution. Applicants without an honours degree will be considered on the basis of substantial relevant work experience such as Fellows of the Institute of Legal Executives, members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Such applicants will be interviewed and may be asked to undertake a written task to demonstrate potential to work at level 7.